Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrueMacedonian
    • Jan 2009

I also want to bring up a post by RTG from the Maknews forum that talks about ethnocide - http://www.maknews.com/forum/human-r...ide-t8401.html
    Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

"I am big pessimist, since enlargement is not a priority at the moment. The public opinion is against and governments of member-states are happy that they have more time to decide. Enlargement is not a priority for the European Council. On the other hand, the Greek opposition on the beginning of Macedonia's accession talks could last for years. Although majority of the European Parliament supported my proposal, reality will be quite different", underlines MEP Erik Meijer.
      We know that enlargement is the furthest thing on their minds.
      The grass might be greener somewhere else ... why does Macedonia continue jumping through hoops in order to satisfy these bastards?
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• osiris
        • Sep 2008

our disapointment in being excluded may turn out to be a blessing in disguise in the near future, the eu remnds me of the wankers who built the titanic, pompous twats who dont realise they are only humans and not self appointed divinities.

i am glad to see however that ther are still a few real humans left within the eu parliament who understand that the first nation state in europe from which their models for nationhood are all derived is not fyrom but makedonia.

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

Indeed Osiris.
          Here is confirmation of your statement:

Lack of membership invitation for Macedonia is not only a failure of the country, but also of NATO, assessed participants at the debate of the Western European Union (WEU) Assembly, held in the German Bundestag, in light of the jubilee Alliance summit, reports Radio Deutsche Welle-Program in Macedonian Language.

European MPs and experts debated whether the 60th NATO jubilee is truly a successful story, taking into account the accession of two new members (Croatia and Albania), but without Macedonia.

"The absence of membership invitation is not only a failure for Macedonia, but also for the European Union and NATO. I paid a visit to Macedonia together with the German Defense Minister prior to the Bucharest summit, and I regret that the country has not become a member just because of the Greek obstruction, despite the fact that cooperation with Greece in the sectors of economy and energy is good", said Social-Democrat Gerd Hoefer, chairman of the German delegation within the WEU Assembly.

Alexander Siedschlag from the Vienna Center for European Security Studies referred to the issue whether putting Macedonia in the NATO waiting room indefinitely is a success for the Alliance, saying that the answer depends on how the organization sees itself and what it wants.

"If it promotes the image of transatlantic organization, which tries to present the old classical values of European civilization, human and civil rights, defend cultural values, then NATO without Macedonia - the cradle of European culture - is incomplete", stated Siedschlag.

According to him, a solution is not possible unless Greece agrees, because NATO acts upon the classical principle of consensus. However, he reminded on the reality in certain political organizations, in the interest of the decision-making process.

"The majority can pass decisions on certain issues. There are organizations, OSCE for example, where the formula 'consensus minus one' is applied. Decisions can sometimes be adopted with one vote against. Such a principle can also be applied in the NATO context", underlined Siedschlag.
          Risto the Great

Comment

• osiris
            • Sep 2008

so risto we do have some freinds in germany amongst the social democrats and the greens. thanks mate for posting that. i think we also have support in denmark and holland. i am sending the Siedschlag an email of gratitude right now.

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

Siedschlag is acknowledging some excellent points there and may well be signaling the near future for Macedonia. He is worthy of a an email of gratitude.

Risto the Great

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

Visa liberalisation

Skopje. The first member states will make a decision to lift visas for the most advanced countries by the end of the year, said European Enlargement Commissioner Olli Rehn, cited by Macedonian A1 television channel.
                Rehn says it is not a secret that Macedonia is among the most advanced countries that meet the criteria. The television notes that Brussels has mentioned that the Commission will recommend in the middle of May that Serbia and Montenegro alongside Macedonia receive visa regime liberalization.
                “It is true that Macedonia has been implementing the reforms at a very high level and all reforms completed are appreciated by the EC,” said head EC mission in Macedonia Erwan Fouere.
                Diplomatic sources say that when the decision about the visa regime liberalization is made, ratification will begin after European Parliament elections. It is expected that the EU new comers and Switzerland will make a decision within a short period. The old member states will not be quick to make a decision because of the fear of new settlers amid the economic crisis. Bulgaria and Romania, which are not members of the Schengen area, can, but are not obliged to accept the EC’s recommendation.
                Greece and Cyprus will not most probably lift visas for Macedonian citizens, A1 comments.
                This will be a very good thing for Macedonia.
                I am not confident that Greece will lift visas for Macedonians. But I also believe this will be a major political victory for Macedonia and will help to highlight the stupidity of the Greek arguments.

I think it will present everything we wanted from joining the EU. And suggest we draw the line at visa liberalisation.
                Risto the Great

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

Milososki's comment in Brussels:
                  If educators Kiril and Metodij needed no visas to travel across Central Europe in the medieval period and educate people, I believe that today the citizens of Macedonia deserve to be able to do the same, Milososki said, adding that after the elections the Government would double its efforts to fulfil the (EC) benchmarks.
                  Disappointingly, the next comment from him:
                  Referring to the name row, Milososki said Macedonia was urging for a compromise, fair solution, acceptable for the two parties, as well as for full respect of the 1995 Interim Accord, which bans any hindering of Macedonia's integration processes under the interim reference.
                  Risto the Great

Comment

• King Makedon
                    • Apr 2009

There's only one little problem about the visa liberation.

They are already talking that for years and nothing happened. Poor people of Macedonia. They have no choice for doing voyages and must go to embassies sometimes in foreign countries because not all countries have opened in Skopje an Embassy.
                    That's why a lot go for bulgarian passports for business proposals, voyaging, and buying cheap stolen cars from bulgaria.
                    If the visa liberation comes true I am personally convinced that every macedonian who owns such a BG-Passport will burn it and dance some nice oro around the fire.
                    ]
                    The world belongs to Macedonia. Macedonia does not belong to the world, especially not to Macedonia's neighbouring countries.
                    [/SIZE]

Comment

• Pelister
                      • Sep 2008

Isn't it ironic.

One of the most advanced countries - but no go.

The Macedonian ethnic group, long recognized as seperate and distinct - but sorry, your out of luck.

Britain knows all about the Macedonian national minority in Greece - but once again, exterminating them "is a necessary evil". (source - G.Finney "An Evil for all concerned: Minority Protection after 1919")

We know who you are, but condemned, because your native language, just happens to be in Slavic.

Comment

• Struja
                        • Sep 2008

"Here in Greece, human rights don't exist."

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Five immigrants have been injured after far-right demonstrators tried to storm a disused courthouse in Athens occupied mainly by illegal migrants from Africa.

Dozens of protesters hurled stones and fireworks at the eight-storey building on Saturday night, while those living inside threw bricks and masonry slabs.

Police said nine officers were also injured in the violence.

Three youths were arrested over the attack, which came after a march by the anti-immigrant Golden Dawn group.

The protesters waved banners reading "Foreigners mean crime" and "We have become foreigners in our own country".

Some of the immigrants said the police did little to help

Left-wing groups staged a counter-rally nearby and riot police were deployed to keep the two sides apart.

Petrol bombs and stones were thrown between the two groups, and the violence continued when anti-immigrant protesters descended on the old courthouse.

The Associated Press news agency reports that hundreds of immigrants live in squalid conditions in the building, amid piles of fetid rubbish and human waste without electricity or running water.

Fouad, a 33-year-old Moroccan immigrant living in the building, told AP that he could not understand why the protesters had attacked.

"We didn't do anything. Why do they treat us like this?" he said.

"The police did nothing. Here in Greece, human rights don't exist."

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

Odd slogan coming from a nation of immigrants. (Certainly in the north of Greece)
                          Risto the Great

Comment

• Rogi
                            • Sep 2008

Pages 3 and 4 do... in the quotes.

But I see what you mean. Wait till the Greeks get a hold of this and force them to change the document...

Comment

Working...
                            X