X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vicsinad
    • May 2011

Originally posted by Sweet Sixteen View Post
    Don't worry. That's my opinion, not the greek law. I was under the impression that regarding people who lost their citizenship, their properties passed to the legal inheritors (closest relatives).
    I'm not worried. I'm just trying to understand a) why you believed that, from a moral and political standpoint, abandoned properties should be given to the state; and b) what you meant by abandoned?

Comment

• Sweet Sixteen
      Banned
      • Jan 2014

Originally posted by vicsinad View Post
      I'm not worried. I'm just trying to understand a) why you believed that, from a moral and political standpoint, abandoned properties should be given to the state; and b) what you meant by abandoned?
      In Greece, it's really common to see abandoned properties (for 20, 30 or more years). The reasons may vary. The most common ones are no inheritors found; many inheritors that can't decide what to do with it; owners are institutions, banks, the Church, monasteries or huge (public or private) organizations; property is too old and considered historical and the owners can neither demolish it or renovate it; or reasons unknown.
      Nowadays, many such buildings are occupied by anarchist or homeless groups, and it seems fair.

One day, or rather one night, in the early 70s, two shady civil servants knocked my father's door. That was during the dictatorship, but these people came for a different reason. They had discovered that a certain property 100m away from our house belonged to us. My grandfather had bought it (many years ago) and my mother didn't even know about it. These two guys brought the good news and also wanted to be bribed in order to quickly fix it. Well, whatever it was they deserved it. And that is the story of the house where I grew up.

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

what right have the authorities got to confiscate their properties & nallow them to return.People's rights have been trampled.WE ahave people from the Mto Julie her mother was prevented from entering her place of birth,The place of birth doesn't exist.Its the greeks change of toponym names.To hide the fact that they are Macedonian names.
        Last edited by George S.; 03-05-2014, 02:36 PM.
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
          • Aug 2009

what could be worse than being shipped out of your home & then to make it worse you lose your citizenship & not allowed to return.What cruel blow for the child refugees having to face such a harsh govt hell bent on destroying the living existence of people.I'm talking of the greek govt.Its so sad that in this day & age they still practice racial discrimination & genocide on the Macedonian people.THe child refugees were forced to flee to many countries abroad we find the stupid govt for want of a better word even passed restrictive laws even banning child refugees from returning from their respective places
          to Greece .I have met many child refugees & they tell real horror stories of misery etc.
          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• julie
            • May 2009

properties were confiscated sweet 16. By the Greek state. My grandparents home, grandparents brothers homes, they confiscated it. They were not left abandoned.

As for Greece allowing the right for Macedonian descendants to claim their parents birthplace is utter BULLSHIT and your greek propaganda spin doctors. My mother was denied entry into her birth village to SEE the house she was born in , much less lay a claim on it, and consequently as a result was blacklisted from ever stepping foot in your beloved greece.....dont start me !!
            "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Sweet Sixteen
              Banned
              • Jan 2014

Originally posted by julie View Post
              properties were confiscated sweet 16. By the Greek state. My grandparents home, grandparents brothers homes, they confiscated it. They were not left abandoned.
              I can’t help you with the legal-technical issues; you have to ask the lawyers that are collectively supporting these claims. For instance, depending on the body and the process that decided the confiscations, some of these may be found illegal or unconstitutional, etc. That’s basically, what I have heard.

Originally posted by julie View Post
              As for Greece allowing the right for Macedonian descendants to claim their parents birthplace is utter BULLSHIT and your greek propaganda spin doctors. My mother was denied entry into her birth village to SEE the house she was born in , much less lay a claim on it, and consequently as a result was blacklisted from ever stepping foot in your beloved greece.....dont start me !!
              The problem is we know about that, because there’s a whole thread about it. That was irrelevant and (unless I’ve missed something) it does not mean your mother is blacklisted, it means her passport has to change as discussed in that thread.

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

How do you explain that Julie's mother getting banned . Julie's mother entry into Greece made her an enemy of the greek state.She dared to use the old name of her village and they banned her from entering Greece.So how do you explain a little old lady wanting to see her old village being harassed at the border in Greece.What possible threat could she pose to Greece.Is it simply because she is a Macedonian for shame on you.
                sS you can have your country with all its faults no other country would behave in such a racist way.It approaches what Nazis did to the jews in the second world war.These things go on in this modern age.Greece doesn't really care.It mockery of being an eu member.Nt only this but Greece is mean't to be the cradle of democracy what a joke.How many Macedonians go to Greece on holidays only to be hassled at the greek border & their cars being defaced by graffiti & damaged.Apparently the Macedonians from Rom are the main source of tourism for Greece.Greece the current eu president makes a mockery of being a eu member.Isthere's no one to tell Greece to behave?
                Greece doesn't want the world to know about the child exodus of 1948.This is where children were forced out of their homes wholesale.out of their homes with some losing their citizenship & never to be allowed to return to their home roots.So much so that the greeks passed laws forbidding Macedonians especially the child begaltsi from returninng .I know a couple of instances of Macedonians with Australian passports being turned away for simply having the name of the village being displayed on their pasports.
                Last edited by George S.; 06-07-2014, 05:18 PM.
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Amphipolis
                  Banned
                  • Aug 2014

The Truth About the Children of Greece (1948)

A documentary by the Greek Communist Party on the topic.

http://www.pare-dose.net/Η ταινία γυρίστηκε από τον ΔΣΕ (Δημοκρατικός Στρατός Ελλάδας) το 1948. Τα γυρίσματα πραγματοποιήθηκαν στον Γράμμο και το Βίτσι, περι...

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

Truth in a Greek state sponsored documentary. Sure, sounds awesome.
                    Risto the Great
                    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• vicsinad
                      • May 2011

Ah, yes. Greek truth about Deca Begalci. I just read an article by those truthful Greeks that claims there were over 150,000 Greeks living in Macedonia (the Vardar part) in 1951. How did they come to this conclusion?

The 1951 census recorded 158,000 Greeks. Of these, 25,000 are Greek natives, 100,000 Vlachs, 3,000 Sarakatsani and 32,000 Greek political refugees from the civil war, or 18% of the 900,000 population.
                      Then, Greek truth proceeds to state the following:

Based on the data from the 1991 census, the media reported between 12-18% of people had a Greek national conscience.
                      The current situation and the exact population of the Greek Community of Skopje is not known, as government data from the 2002 census did not reflect the reality and the number was clearly much higher than given. However, over the decades, many Greeks have came from the greater Skopje area. Many of them became great

All those deca belgaci...such a strong Greek national conscience, yet most won't even declare themselves Greek to get in the country. How does that fit into the propagandists' narrative?

Comment

• Amphipolis
                        Banned
                        • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                        Truth in a Greek state sponsored documentary. Sure, sounds awesome.
                        You probably didn't notice. That was the truth of the Communist Party, not the Greek state.

Comment

Working...
                        X