X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrueMacedonian
    • Jan 2009

Sohos, Macedonians,,,,Greeks???

If anyone knows the Macedonian name for Sohos please share.

Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!
  • Pelister
    • Sep 2008

These 'Greek-Macedonians' are what indigenous Macedonians, who retain their ethnic and national identity, would simply call grkomani. Some of the anthropologists, continue to push a colonial perception of the 'Macedonians', under the guise of post-modernist methods, again, ignoring that these NEW identities are the product of a brutal, and ruthless, manipulative and very deliberate policy of conquest.

Comment

• George S.
      • Aug 2009

The greeks did make a distinction & called them endopi meaning original settlers or indigenous people.It's good that they are still practicing their culture & have suuffered immensly under the ruthless greek regimes.
      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Daskalot
        • Sep 2008

I think it is known as Suho, in Macedonian.
        Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Stojacanec
          • Dec 2009

This book paints an accurate picture of why we are in this predicament today.

The new identities (greek) is acceptable and enforced however dare these "endopi" call themselves Macedonians, they will be considered enemies of the state.

Even though they have an indiginous existance in Macedonian land.

Comment

• George S.
            • Aug 2009

the new greeks wouldn't want to asvertise that too much otherwise they have toffer restoration,
            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
              I think it is known as Suho, in Macedonian.
              That's correct, meaning 'dry' in some Macedonian dialects, also pronounced 'suvo' in other dialects and the literary language. The Greek word for dry is 'siros', I guess they must have thought adding an 's' at the end of the Macedonian word was enough to make it sound 'Greek'.
              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Niko777
                • Oct 2010

Suho is a Macedonian village 45 kilometers north-east of Solun. A few VMRO revolutionaries came from this village.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                  • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Niko777 View Post
                  Suho is a Macedonian village 45 kilometers north-east of Solun. A few VMRO revolutionaries came from this village.
                  It's not at all shocking that we find that the inhabitants spoke Macedonian as a first language.
                  Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X