• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gj. Puleski
    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Sovius View Post
    http:/my.opera.com/macedonians/blog/

If the above interview is accurate, I see some opportunities for Macedonia's detractors to misconstrue aspects of his research due to the terminology it looks like he'll be using and soft evidence, such as a 7,000 year old inscription that apparently uses the proper name Macedonia ( it can't be realistically proven or disproven, unless there's numerous other relics that have been found to build the case that I'm not aware of). I see great potential for a much needed and well thought out de-construction of the contemporary concept of Hellenism and its good to see a Macedonian author take a stand on the myth of indigenous population replacement or mass displacements during the 6th Century AD. Hopefully, an English language translation will not fail the original intent of the author, as can often be the case, and that the author will not fail Macedonia. Its often not what you say, but how you say it.
    Mr. Popovski is a serious and thorough author. One of the characteristics of his works is the rich bibliography. If we look for somebody who could destroy the greek historic constructions, than he is the man. The most important thing now is to translate the work (and that to be done properly).
    Last edited by Gj. Puleski; 11-01-2009, 04:32 PM.

Comment

• Pelister
      • Sep 2008

Yea, I agree with you Sovius.

Thanks for posting that information Gj.Pulevski.

I wish that the Popovski book was translated into English so I could read it.

Also, I'm not sure why you are discussing about 'race'. Apparently I am a racist because I believe most Greeks are anti-Macedonian, and because I believe there should be less Albanians in Macedonia. So be it.

We can find all kinds of elements that go into making up an concept such as 'race'. The color of someone's skin is the color of their skin - black skin, white skin. Being a racist can have more to do than simply judging someone on the basis of the color of their skin. There are cultural elements involved, personal experiences ...etc. The proposition that Jews are traditionally associated with lending and banking is valid, because they traditionally occupied these positions. Singling out Arab Muslims and being suspicious of that cultural group is warranted (not racist), because most terrorist bombers come from this demographic. So it depends I suppose.

How much does it cost to properly translate a book of this size ?
      Last edited by Pelister; 11-02-2009, 01:49 AM.

Comment

• osiris
        • Sep 2008

and what of the usa pelister what can one conclude about their culture from their actions throughout the world.

Comment

• Pelister
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by osiris View Post
          and what of the usa pelister what can one conclude about their culture from their actions throughout the world.
          I don't know.

The Koran is full of murderous hate.

Comment

• VMRO
            • Sep 2008

Petar Popovski is a great author, i've read a few of his books, he was born in Debar and all his books have great sources. Can't wait to read his new book.
            Verata vo Mislite, VMRO vo dushata, Makedonia vo Srceto.

Vnatreshna Makedonska Revolucionerna Organizacija.

Comment

• Gj. Puleski
              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Pelister View Post

Thanks for posting that information Gj.Pulevski.

I wish that the Popovski book was translated into English so I could read it.

How much does it cost to properly translate a book of this size ?
              Hi, Pelister,

Because of your question up there, this evening I telephoned to Mr. Petar Popovski, though I do not know him personaly. I had a 20 min. conversation with him, and among other things I asked him about the price for the translation of the "Stolen History". He is not quite sure, but estimates that it would be 4500 Euros. I also asked him if he would give his email for the case if members of this forum would like to ask him questions about his works. He agreed and commented that he every day has 20-30 telephone calls from everywhere in the world.

Here is his e-mail : [email protected]

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Gj. Puleski
                Popovski states that there is a list of about 3000 words of the Ancient Macedonian - from where also comes the conclussion that the language we speak today is nearly the same.
                Big statement. Completely useless unless corroborated.
                He is not quite sure, but estimates that it would be 4500 Euros.
                Sho store be? If he has this sort of ground-breaking evidence shouldn't he at least show us something of it? Or maybe we at the MTO should hold back on posting our sources and produce an annual journal and charge our brothers and sisters 4500 Euros to take a look-see...come on, perhaps he should (re)define his cause.

Stolen History, Golden Book, etc, etc, etc, samo zboroi i zrn za dokaz, I wouldn't pay a cent for anything that lacks such transparency, at the moment this sounds more like pay 4500 and get your mystery box of goods rather than the 'big evidence' we have all been waiting for. If it is so big, so significant, so grand, as a Macedonian it is his duty to make it (or at least some of the parts that can make a difference) known to the world ASAP (before the dinari start rolling in).
                In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Bij
                  • Oct 2009

SoM. translators charge a shitload of cash. cost me $90 to have a 6 line letter in Macedonian changed to English. to get one who does the job right, and with so many pages, i wouldn't be shocked for it to cost a few thousand euros.

and besides, he'd be rolling in the denari, not dinari.. unless he is a serb

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

Oops, my bad, denari Nevertheless Bij, if it is ground-breaking and proves whatever he claims that it proves, at least snippets of it should be on display so people know what they are paying for. To be quite frank, I ain't giving a cent for something that claims (but doesn't corroborate) all of the white races descend from Macedonia. I guess I have grown tired of all these 'fantastic' discoveries and such, if there is something out there to help our cause, then let's get it out there for all to see, not bargain and wait for the right time (or price).

At the moment, all I can see is a scenario similar to a Iljov or Donski, alot of talk, and that's about it. Where is the Zlatna Kniga? Where is the Ukradena Istorija? The 7,000 year old alphabet and language? Reaching the point I have, I cannot consider such claims as serious until they are put on the table for all to see, and given that they haven't been put on the table and that most discussions about such 'evidence' have taken place at internet forums based on he said this and she said that, I am inclined to believe that it is all a load of garbage and counter-productive, until proven otherwise.
                    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Bij
                      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                      Oops, my bad, denari Nevertheless Bij, if it is ground-breaking and proves whatever he claims that it proves, at least snippets of it should be on display so people know what they are paying for. To be quite frank, I ain't giving a cent for something that claims (but doesn't corroborate) all of the white races descend from Macedonia. I guess I have grown tired of all these 'fantastic' discoveries and such, if there is something out there to help our cause, then let's get it out there for all to see, not bargain and wait for the right time (or price).
                      yeah you're right. especially 1200 pages of it. i think if i tried to read that much kirilica my eyes would roll out of my head. don't most books have a preview online before they're released to be purchased? this should be the same. i don't mind paying for someones hard work and years of research, but we need e few excerpts to see how much drugs this dude has consumed.

to be fair, we are only going by gj. puleski's interpretation of the book.. and he isn't exactly the most loved forum member here............

Comment

• Jankovska
                        • Sep 2008

I will translate it for free but i will not back or pay for any claims based on someone's words or evidence that cannot be seen.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

Surely receiving such books in electronic format can be translated by Google translate and then subsequently tidied up by a few proof readers at a fraction of the time and cost.
                          Risto the Great
                          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Gj. Puleski
                            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                            Big statement. Completely useless unless corroborated.

Sho store be? If he has this sort of ground-breaking evidence shouldn't he at least show us something of it? Or maybe we at the MTO should hold back on posting our sources and produce an annual journal and charge our brothers and sisters 4500 Euros to take a look-see...come on, perhaps he should (re)define his cause.

Stolen History, Golden Book, etc, etc, etc, samo zboroi i zrn za dokaz, I wouldn't pay a cent for anything that lacks such transparency, at the moment this sounds more like pay 4500 and get your mystery box of goods rather than the 'big evidence' we have all been waiting for. If it is so big, so significant, so grand, as a Macedonian it is his duty to make it (or at least some of the parts that can make a difference) known to the world ASAP (before the dinari start rolling in).
                            Here and again you manifest your ill-minded phantasie! What I asked the man is how much it would cost to pay somebody to translate the book. But, for you that was enough to make a construction out of nothing and to spread a story with incredible acousations as if the guy asked that we should pay him 4500 euros for the rights to translate the book. Realy, if I was the owner of this site, you wouldn't work for me here anymore, жими мајка.

Comment

• Bij
                              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Gj. Puleski View Post
                              Here and again you manifest your ill-minded phantasie! What I asked the man is how much it would cost to pay somebody to translate the book. But, for you that was enough to make a construction out of nothing and to spread a story with incredible acousations as if the guy asked that we should pay him 4500 euros for the rights to translate the book. Realy, if I was the owner of this site, you wouldn't work for me here anymore, жими мајка.

haha. it's a good thing you're not!

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                                • Sep 2008

Zhiti maika arno sho ne se, and listen buddy, anybody claiming that the whole white race came from Macedonia (and those who appear to support such a notion like yourself) are subject to ridicule. You want to be treated serious then act serious.

Can you translate the book for us, for free?

If not, can you show me the 3,000 ancient Macedonian words? Where can we access the book?

Come on Pulja, help the sherrif out.

Comment

Working...
                                X