The European Union - the New Soviet Union?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mastika
    • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
    Mastika is our very own pro Bulgar Macedonian, he might even be a real Bulgar. Only Mastika knows what he is. But according to him Pirin is not a part of Macedonia.
    Listen, nowhere did I write that I do not believe Pirin to be apart of Macedonia. This is a false and misleading statement. And I am not pro-bulgar, in fact I am disgusted at sentiment taken by most Bulgarians towards the Macedonian people. I have stated already numerous times that I am Macedonian, not bulgarian.

Sportster, that idea about Greeks thinking Macedonians were speaking Bulgarian should have quickly been changed once the Greeks spoke with the Macedonians, and the Macedonians themselves told the Greeks what they were. The fact remains to this day, Greece has not recognised the Macedonian language and much of Greece still believes Macedonian to be Bulgarian, which is wrong. It is not 1913 anymore but 2010, the many ignorant Greek people/academics need to wake up and face reality. The Macedonian language and people exist, there is no room for misunderstading in 2010.

Comment

• Sportster
      Banned
      • May 2010

Originally posted by Mastika View Post

Sportster, that idea about Greeks thinking Macedonians were speaking Bulgarian should have quickly been changed once the Greeks spoke with the Macedonians, and the Macedonians themselves told the Greeks what they were. The fact remains to this day, Greece has not recognised the Macedonian language and much of Greece still believes Macedonian to be Bulgarian, which is wrong. It is not 1913 anymore but 2010, the many ignorant Greek people/academics need to wake up and face reality. The Macedonian language and people exist, there is no room for misunderstading in 2010.
      That could not happened because back then the language was not importand, it was the people's loyalty to the Excarhite or the Gate plus the internal rivalry or Macedonians had people from opposite ends aproaching the Greeks, people like Kottas on one side and Srafov on the other, it would not have made any difference. Everything back then was about land not desperate Macedonians trying to find the best ally. You are totaly wrong thinking that we consider modern macedonian as bulgarian, there are numerous lingusitic analises that distinguise the difference, we (not me) believe that it is Bulgarian in kamouflaz...different story.
      By the way Im trying to learn Makedonsko DeVoiche so I can sing it with my dreadfull accent, can you tell me whats the difference in the second verse between Bulgarian version and Macedonian version? the macedonian says :
      makedonsko de voiche
      kitka serrena
      vo gratina nabrabna

and the bulgarian says

makedonsko de voiche
      kitka serrena
      vo gratina nasraot

Comment

• Daskalot
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Sportster View Post
        That could not happened because back then the language was not importand, it was the people's loyalty to the Excarhite or the Gate plus the internal rivalry or Macedonians had people from opposite ends aproaching the Greeks, people like Kottas on one side and Srafov on the other, it would not have made any difference. Everything back then was about land not desperate Macedonians trying to find the best ally. You are totaly wrong thinking that we consider modern macedonian as bulgarian, there are numerous lingusitic analises that distinguise the difference, we (not me) believe that it is Bulgarian in kamouflaz...different story.
        By the way Im trying to learn Makedonsko DeVoiche so I can sing it with my dreadfull accent, can you tell me whats the difference in the second verse between Bulgarian version and Macedonian version? the macedonian says :
        makedonsko de voiche
        kitka serrena
        vo gratina nabrabna

and the bulgarian says

makedonsko de voiche
        kitka serrena
        vo gratina nasraot
        With the above post you are spreading Greek propaganda and you are insinuating that the Macedonian ethnos is a derivat of the Bulgar, thus I will issue a warning. Next time I will issue a permanent BAN. Understood?
        Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Daskalot
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Mastika View Post
          Listen, nowhere did I write that I do not believe Pirin to be apart of Macedonia. This is a false and misleading statement. And I am not pro-bulgar, in fact I am disgusted at sentiment taken by most Bulgarians towards the Macedonian people. I have stated already numerous times that I am Macedonian, not bulgarian.

Whatever you say Mastika, you spent 5 minutes in total to construct your ethnic map of Macedonia anno 2010. That is why you missed Pirin? How many hours did you spend on it?

Comment

• Sportster
            Banned
            • May 2010

With the above post you are spreading Greek propaganda and you are insinuating that the Macedonian ethnos is a derivat of the Bulgar, thus I will issue a warning. Next time I will issue a permanent BAN. Understood?
            I knew you suddened appearance had to do with the numerous requests by your administrators to get rid of the filthy grk. Nice aproach to wish me welcome in the open although you had already done in private, it builds your "fairness" appeal a bit more. I dont know how exactly you come to the above conclusion although I understand that this might be a bit of a chip on your shoulder. Based on your interpretation of my meanings in which I have no control, I can't quaranty that my future posts might be "out of line" so you go ahead and ban me any time you see fit without warning. My promise will remain that I will respect the rules and not be volgar towards you members, which is the least I can to taking in consideration their volgar nature towards me. thank you for your interest in me.

Comment

• Daskalot
              • Sep 2008

If you have not noticed I am an Administrator, thus I am quite able to ban members myself. This is not Maknews, we do not tolerate any kind of abuse of the Macedonian ethnos here.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

Mastika I salute you and your honesty. You know what I have concluded to? It was a combination of misunderstanding, politics and manipulation by others, same as today. The language was the biggest reason, Greeks heard Macedonian and thought it was Bulgarian...end of story thats what it is, thats what it all comes down too. All the Macedonians I have meet make me thing one thing.."Shit man these people are just like us, where did it go so wrong?"
                Thank you for your honest post. Please do not feel disandavdage or embarassed because a grk is siding with you in the open...stand strong it will pay off!!!
                What was there to be disadvantaged or embarrassed about? Mastika made some very valid points. At that time Bulgaria was full of Macedonians. Not long before this time one half of Sofia was populated by Macedonians. They definitely understood our distinct ethnic identity and were even considering joining Yugoslavia. I think Macedonians would have preferred a Bulgarian education to a Greek education given the choice, same goes for church services. I would have if I was a victim of Greek ethnocide.

You are wrong to a degree, Macedonians are not like Greeks. They are closer now due to 100 years of influence, but I can assure you they were not dancing the rembetika 100 years ago.

Macedonians have devolved in Greece over the last 100 years. Before you make assumptions about them, read Misirkov first not Voskopulos. Understood?
                Risto the Great
                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Sportster
                  Banned
                  • May 2010

If you have not noticed I am an Administrator, thus I am quite able to ban members myself. This is not Maknews, we do not tolerate any kind of abuse of the Macedonian ethnos here.
                  Sorry I thought you are The Administrator. Im quite aware of you capabilities as an admin Vbulletin s standard these days. rest asure I have no itention to abuse your ethnos, no were as near as your country fellowmen abuse mine. Im your guest, your musafir and hence I will respect you. unfortunately for me the musafir respect showing in my knock of the woods s not something the members here share.

Comment

• Sportster
                    Banned
                    • May 2010

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                    What was there to be disadvantaged or embarrassed about? Mastika made some very valid points. At that time Bulgaria was full of Macedonians. Not long before this time one half of Sofia was populated by Macedonians. They definitely understood our distinct ethnic identity and were even considering joining Yugoslavia. I think Macedonians would have preferred a Bulgarian education to a Greek education given the choice, same goes for church services. I would have if I was a victim of Greek ethnocide.

You are wrong to a degree, Macedonians are not like Greeks. They are closer now due to 100 years of influence, but I can assure you they were not dancing the rembetika 100 years ago.

Macedonians have devolved in Greece over the last 100 years. Before you make assumptions about them, read Misirkov first not Voskopulos. Understood?
                    Mirsikov's works are Macedonian matters, to me they are simply a window to your ethnos making.
                    100 years ago I dont think anyone danced rembetika in Greece, I think they were considered illegal about 60 years ago. The macedonians I know are just like Greeks, maybe yours are not!

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

Mirsikov's works are Macedonian matters, to me they are simply a window to your ethnos making.
                      100 years ago I dont think anyone danced rembetika in Greece, I think they were considered illegal about 60 years ago. The macedonians I know are just like Greeks, maybe yours are not!
                      Misirkov was merely distilling that which was already there. Many nations were going through similar developments around that time, Greece included.

My Macedonians are the ones you know. My Macedonians were very different 100 years ago. My Macedonians live in Greece now and still do not even know one half of what YOU know about the Greek agenda in Macedonia. And that is saying something. You might be confused about the fact that Macedonians and Greeks are humans, therefore they will have commonality. But Greekness was very unfamiliar to them 100 years ago.
                      Risto the Great
                      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Sportster
                        Banned
                        • May 2010

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                        Misirkov was merely distilling that which was already there. Many nations were going through similar developments around that time, Greece included.

My Macedonians are the ones you know. My Macedonians were very different 100 years ago. My Macedonians live in Greece now and still do not even know one half of what YOU know about the Greek agenda in Macedonia. And that is saying something. You might be confused about the fact that Macedonians and Greeks are humans, therefore they will have commonality. But Greekness was very unfamiliar to them 100 years ago.
                        mate I dont know about that, every day I discover something new. I read a comment the other day in maknews and Lubi his self said in a post "from your lips and in to God's ear" as a wish. Now thats something we say in Greece and through my knoweledge in other cultures no one and I mean NO ONE uses this term but you and me. Little things like that impress me. I know your hatred would preffer Macedonians and Greeks to have nothing to do with each other and your analogy justifies to you that any similarities are due to Greek opression and ascimiliation but in my book thats a lot of carp...macedonians and greeks are very very similer, its only the language that makes you think diffrently.

Comment

• Mikail
                          • Sep 2008

Sportster, you are an idiot! It is Athens who dictates this agenda. It is the denial of the situation by fools like yourself which has enabled it to fester to the condition it has.

100 years ago there was not a "our Macedonian" and a "your Macedonian" as there is now. You trivialise matters far too much. You are correct in one aspect. The matter is trivial.

You see Pavlos Melas, the Frenchman, did not lead a campaign to "liberate" Macedonia, as the propaganda would have you believe. I mean, who was he "liberating" Macedonia from?

It was an invasion! An why did the Greeks kill Melas? Can you explain that?

What values of common unity do you think todays Greeks wish to share, with anyone, let alone their neighbours?

You have come here, and granted, you're plying it safe for now. I know you too well and I know your going to give me some of your foolish greek spin.

Just come clean and tell us who your working for! Why are you here?
                          From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"

Comment

• I of Macedon
                            • Sep 2008

Douglas Cohn and Eleanor Clift: Was the EU designed to fail?

WASHINGTON — The downgrading of Greece's debt rating to junk bond status sent shivers throughout industrialized markets, raising concerns in Europe about whether a planned $60 billion bailout can survive this latest obstacle in skeptical European capitals. With public opinion in Germany strongly against aiding Greece, German Chancellor Angela Merkel is wary of any bailout without enforceable conditions on the Greek government to cut spending and reduce the country's large and bloated public sector.

One of Greece's options would be to drop out of the European Union and reclaim its right to print money, which is what the U.S. Treasury does when money is short. But it's too late for Greece to do that; it would be the laughingstock of Europe, if not the world, and wouldn't have any credit to borrow money anywhere.

The Greek government has been spending way beyond its means, and its efforts to cut back have been met with fierce resistance by the public. Striking dockworkers have left tourists stranded on ships; transportation workers stopped bus and train service for six hours to protest cuts in pay and pensions; and that's just the beginning.

Unions representing 2.5 million workers are planning a mass march next week to protest the government's austerity measures.

The European Union was created in 1993 to maximize Europe's clout as a trading bloc, but Greece has severely strained the one for all, and all for one spirit that brought 27 member nations together.

Greece's debt is now 124 percent of its gross domestic product (GDP), more than double the 60 percent that EU nations had agreed was the maximum sustainable amount.

Germany's resistance to backing a bailout which would have to get the backing of the Bundestag is a symptom of a larger problem, and that is whether an economic union can survive in the absence of a political union. Germany's political leaders doubt that Greece can shrink its spending and trim the government's payroll in the face of such massive public opposition, and if Greece falls short, other European governments, some strapped themselves, are unwilling to be the safety net.

Greece could be the first crack in the armor of the EU, threatening its survival as an organization willing and able to care for its own. Standard & Poor's, the premiere rating agency, also downgraded Portugal to junk bond status, and as world markets tumbled in response to the news, word came that Spain was also getting a ratings downgrade.

When the European Union was created, part of the deal was that each country would give up its national currency to adopt a common currency, the Euro.

British voters refused to go along with that, voting down the measure in a referendum; the pound remains the British currency. It's more than symbolic, as the Greek government is discovering. When they got in over their heads, they couldn't print Euros and are probably more reliant than they would like on their fellow Europeans.

Critics of the mounting debt that the politicians are running up in Washington warn that America could go the way of Greece.

The facts are otherwise. The U.S. deficit as a percentage of GDP is only 10.64 percent. Even at the height of World War II, when the percentage was at its historic high, it was only 28.05 percent. It is no wonder that the dollar is regarded by capitals around the world as a safe haven.

If the economic dominoes continue to fall in Europe, however, the EU may prove to have been nothing more than a failed experiment in economic dependence without political dependence.

"You have not anchored Germany to Europe; you have anchored Europe to a newly dominant, unified Germany. In the end, my friends, you'll find it will not work".

Margaret Hilda Thatcher 1995
                            No need to sit in the shade, because we stand under our own sun

Comment

• Prolet
                              • Sep 2009

Daskale, I notice you tend to mention the Maknews forum, do you actually visit that forum??? I cant recall ever seeing you post there.
                              МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Sportster
                                Banned
                                • May 2010

Originally posted by Mikail View Post
                                Sportster, you are an idiot! It is Athens who dictates this agenda. It is the denial of the situation by fools like yourself which has enabled it to fester to the condition it has.

100 years ago there was not a "our Macedonian" and a "your Macedonian" as there is now. You trivialise matters far too much. You are correct in one aspect. The matter is trivial.

You see Pavlos Melas, the Frenchman, did not lead a campaign to "liberate" Macedonia, as the propaganda would have you believe. I mean, who was he "liberating" Macedonia from?

It was an invasion! An why did the Greeks kill Melas? Can you explain that?

What values of common unity do you think todays Greeks wish to share, with anyone, let alone their neighbours?

You have come here, and granted, you're plying it safe for now. I know you too well and I know your going to give me some of your foolish greek spin.

Just come clean and tell us who your working for! Why are you here?
                                Melas was the answer to Delchev. The second come first ofcourse and hence you had the first following. Bulgaria inisiated Golche to "cash in" on the locals and so did Greece with Pavlo. Both of them were adventureus missionaries with very powerfull backbone support. I dont know where you get the scenario that Melas was killed by Greeks but Im sure you have all the facts just like the ones that Adronikos was killed by us too because the Tomps he discovered had proof that didnt suited Greece's propaganda. Im a secret agent from the Greek secret Service and Im here to exterminate you.

Comment

Working...
                                X