Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ournirv
    • Jan 2012

Not my attempt. Brittanica's attempt. It could be wrong but they're a pretty accepted encyclopedia!

In my opinion, modern Russians and Macedonians were at one point the same ethnicity but as the years have gone on, you've taken your own paths and branched out. Kinda like how all humans come from "Eve" but there's Asians, Caucasians, and whatever else you could think of.

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by ournirv View Post
      Not my attempt. Brittanica's attempt. It could be wrong but they're a pretty accepted encyclopedia!

In my opinion, modern Russians and Macedonians were at one point the same ethnicity but as the years have gone on, you've taken your own paths and branched out. Kinda like how all humans come from "Eve" but there's Asians, Caucasians, and whatever else you could think of.
      ournirv, I generally try to keep out of these pointless debates with Greeks. I used to amuse myself with that years ago. It was fun, but after a while I started to feel like an adult bully in a kindergarten complex.

Your statement above is laughable. I'll let you work out why. Perhaps you can go back to the GBH (Greek Bullshit Handbook) and check whether your theory fits. But do remember to let me know exactly when the Russians and the Macedonians were the same ethnicity. Notwithstanding Gorbachev reminded me of a relative of mine.
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Stojacanec
        • Dec 2009

In my opinion the true greeks came from North Africa and all the rest are just christian orthodox refugees, but hey.....
        Last edited by Stojacanec; 01-10-2012, 02:12 AM.

Comment

• ournirv
          • Jan 2012

Haha. Chill risto. I didn't get it from my Greek handbook of ultimate propaganda. It says it in brittanica. I'm just using commonly accepted knowledge.

You may have a point stoj. Socrates had a fro many would envy. People have gotta come from somewhere so whether it's north Africa or the heart of the Congo it's fine by me But for the most part, the greece of today is just a bunch of orthodox Christians who speak greek and live under the Greek nation.

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

I'm chillaxed ournirv but will positively reach a state of nirvana when you can tell me the time Macedonians and Russians were the same ethnicity.
            Risto the Great

Comment

• DedoAleko
              • Jun 2009

Here is the book:

Comment

• Bill77
                • Oct 2009

People have gotta come from somewhere so whether it's north Africa or the heart of the Congo it's fine by me
                Is that so....

:Ancient Greeks (according to your admittance) came from North Africa
                :Modern Greeks came from Turkey, Albania.

But for the most part, the greece of today is just a bunch of orthodox Christians
                :Ancient Greeks believed in many gods before taking up philosophy (a new discipline for systematic attempts to understand and explain nature. where Ancient scholars kept religion out of science. It was believed that religion was not suitable as a tool to explain the natural world.
                :Modern Greeks are Orthodox Christians (believe in a creator and one God). where religion plays a major part of politics.

who speak greek
                :Ancient Greeks spoke....obviously...Ancient Greek
                :Modern Greeks don't, just like everyone else in the world, must learn it.

and live under the Greek nation
                :Ancient Greeks never lived under one nation, let alone been called Greece.
                :Modern Greeks do, after being handed a nicely packaged nation that came with a German King and a free British banner as a flag.

So since Modern Greece - Ancient Greece is like chalk and cheese,
                What is Modern Greece doing stealing Ancient Hellene history and basking in its Glory?
                http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                  • Sep 2008

In my opinion, modern Russians and Macedonians were at one point the same ethnicity but as the years have gone on, you've taken your own paths and branched out.
                  That is a predictably stupid opinion lacking in logic. Never have all Slavic-speaking peoples been a single ethnicity.
                  In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Pelister
                    • Sep 2008

Hey. I'm new here but have been reading for quite some time.

I feel as though you're omitting a part of this Edmond fellow's quote. The first sentence of the 8th paragraph actually says "It's obvious that the Macedonian Slavs are not Greeks." The article actually says it for a second time in paragraph 4.

Anyhow! Just saying your topic line should appear how it is actually appearing in the article or as "Edmond de Bushi Bell: It's obvious that the Macedonians ... are not Greeks" to show there is more to the quote.
                    That is because we are not Slavs.

This is a term grafted onto the Macedonians, by foreigners. If you look at the immigration records of the late 19th and early 20th century, you will find that the ethnic Macedonians define themselves as simply Macedonians, and their language as Macedonian - their nationality is not 'Macedonian Slav' - it is just Macedonian. I mean, by all means use it, but once again, no one is listening to what the Macedonians are saying about who they are, and when they do listen, it is always distorted.

Comment

• Stojacanec
                      • Dec 2009

Haha. Chill risto. I didn't get it from my Greek handbook of ultimate propaganda. It says it in brittanica. I'm just using commonly accepted knowledge.

You may have a point stoj. Socrates had a fro many would envy. People have gotta come from somewhere so whether it's north Africa or the heart of the Congo it's fine by me But for the most part, the greece of today is just a bunch of orthodox Christians who speak greek and live under the Greek nation.
                      ....Yeah and today the Macedonians are just a bunch of Orthodox christians that speak Macedonian and live under the Macedonian nation.

Comment

• Voltron
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                        That is a predictably stupid opinion lacking in logic. Never have all Slavic-speaking peoples been a single ethnicity.
                        True, The Russians espescially have a lot of Tatar and Nord bloodline in them. The purest of Slavs are the Poles, they also heavily identify with the Slav ethnos, much more than the balkan ones do aside from Serbia maybe.

Comment

• Voltron
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Pelister View Post
                          That is because we are not Slavs.

This is a term grafted onto the Macedonians, by foreigners. If you look at the immigration records of the late 19th and early 20th century, you will find that the ethnic Macedonians define themselves as simply Macedonians, and their language as Macedonian - their nationality is not 'Macedonian Slav' - it is just Macedonian. I mean, by all means use it, but once again, no one is listening to what the Macedonians are saying about who they are, and when they do listen, it is always distorted.
                          Pelister, you mind answering what ethnos the Draguvites and Berzites belonged to ? I can tell you what the Mellingoi and Ezerites belonged to but you probably dont care.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Voltron View Post
                            I can tell you what the Mellingoi and Ezerites belonged to but you probably dont care.
                            No you can't. You can only postulate they spoke a kind of slavic language.
                            Risto the Great

Comment

• ournirv
                              • Jan 2012

hey bill. i never admitted to anything firstly. i merely stated its a possibility we're from north africa. but what i did admit was socrates had a great fro.

elsewhere on matters, sources tend to clump russians, serbs, macedonians, croats, and a shitload of other eastern europeans into a slavic peoples (be it split into east, south, and western slavs). so risto i believe it was, i cant tell you exactly when russians and macedonians were the same people but brittanica says slavic original habitat was in asia at 3rd-2nd bce. so perhaps at that time they were the same people. cant give you a clearer answer in the same way i cant tell bill greeks arent from madagascar.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Voltron View Post
                                The purest of Slavs are the Poles, they also heavily identify with the Slav ethnos, much more than the balkan ones do aside from Serbia maybe.
                                There is no such thing as a 'pure Slav'. You can't apply the label of 'purity' because, as a lingua franca, Proto Slavic itself developed from the pool of Balto-Slavic languages that were spoken in the Danube regions and further north. It is likely to have incorporated features from several diverse areas during the process of solidification prior to the 6th century. It is also unreasonable to assume that all of the Danubian 'Slavs' or peoples of the Balkan 'Sclavinias' spoke exactly the same variant of this lingua franca.
                                In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

Working...
                                X