X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Volk
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
    Volk ... in post #68 of this thread. You stated your thoughts on this matter. Have a look. I will respond in more detail later.
    Thanks..

I fail to see where i call for a name change...
    Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• Vangelovski
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Volk View Post
      The day i support a name change is the day i stop calling myself a Macedonian. Look at my above post.

I have seen ZERO evidence that the UMD support a name change, if you go to maknews they repeat this, no name change.

perhaps you could provide a link.

What a waste of energy I see from you, infighting... get over your personal vendetta or at least provide the evidence (which you have been incapable of doing)

Volk, I will provide the relevant links when I get home. Lubi is not here to protect you or delete them.
      If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Vangelovski
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
        Volk, I will provide the relevant links when I get home. Lubi is not here to protect you or delete them.

Actually, I've posted a lot of this on this thread - go to post #72
        If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Volk
          • Sep 2008

Actually, I've posted a lot of this on this thread - go to post #72
          are you serious?? watch the video again please... Point out where he calls for a name change... Take note of the end of the video, no name change...
          Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• Vangelovski
            • Sep 2008

are you serious?? watch the video again please... Point out where he calls for a name change... Take note of the end of the video, no name change...
            Volk, I do point out where he says it - in fact I qouted it right underneath the video - read it again.

Comment

• Vangelovski
              • Sep 2008

One more time for Volk:

ONE
              Meto Koloski on Macedonian Media Monitor
              http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Macedo.../message/10565
              13 March 2008

Who are you calling naive activists? Who is trying to change our name?

We have to be realistic, Macedonia if it wants to join NATO and EU it
              has to join under a modified name
              for those organizations ONLY.

How happy are you that we are called "The former Yugoslav Republic of
              Macedonia" in NATO, UN, and EU? I'm not....wouldn't you prefer us to
              be called something like Democratic Republic of Macedonia instead
              , IF ALL ELSE FAILS, of course? I sure would. However, until all else
              fails, our position is double formula.

Meto

TWO
              On Meto Koloski on ZMR
              (at 1:38 minutes -
              )

..."we feel that perhaps a political modifier such as Democratic might be more acceptable only for international use to get rid of this erroneous name the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia"...

Comment

• Volk
                • Sep 2008

Volk, I do point out where he says it - in fact I qouted it right underneath the video - read it again.
                "political modifier such as Democratic might be more acceptable"- even this is not a statement calling for a name change. Ne li razbiras sto se slucuva ovde? Grcite nikogas ne bi se slozile so 'demokraska republika.." toa bi bilo poraz za niv, deka zemjata uste se ni se vika Makedonija.

Seriously either your thinking is clouded or your blinded by your vendetta. I am yet to see UMD call for a name change. Start of video: "we have compromised enough", end of video, " i do not think a compromise to the international name is acceptable to the Macedonian people or nation"

If this is your evidence....
                Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

Volk, actually it was post #63 where you stated the following:

well from the world bodies Macedonia has been admitted under fyrom, including the UN, WTO, IMF and most sporting bodies including FIFA and the Olympic Games. If you dont understand the abbreviations put them in google.

My question was simple, are you advocating that Macedonia renounce membership in all of these international organizations that have admitted us as fyrom? thus advocating isolation.

My point was if we can join these under fyrom why not NATO where we (theoretically) would receive the greatest strategic benefit
                  I said the following:
                  You have made it clear in this very thread that a name change for the purposes of NATO entry is acceptable to you.
                  I really don't know if there is anything to argue about in relation to your opinion on the matter. You did advocate a compromised name for the purposes of NATO membership. If you have changed your opinion, please let us know.

Volk, if you have not changed your opinion, you are merely perpetuating compromises. It appears that the UMD is of similar beliefs in the interests of "helping us all get along".

You talk of the "Macedonian cause". Well I think you have placed economic and strategic causes in front of the Macedonian cause. But we both clearly hold Macedonia dear to our hearts.

You might have misunderstood my line of questioning. I think you have the impression that I don't like these people, that they are not nice people. Well, I don't really know them. The fact that they might offer to pay for your PhD sounds like a nice thing to do. I want to like them so much that I will commit to a lifelong struggle defending their beliefs. But first we need to be sure about their beliefs, then I need to believe in them.

One of my beliefs is no compromises whatsoever in any form. We appear to differ here.
                  Risto the Great
                  MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                  "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Vangelovski
                    • Sep 2008

Volk,

A name change is a name change. The fact that UMD supports a name change for the sake of false hopes such as NATO is treason. The fact that UMD even supports negotiations is treason.

This is not a game, this is a serious threat to our existence. Our sovereignty and human rights are not up for negotiation, yet this is exactly what successive Macedonian Governments have been doing and this is exactly what UMD supports.

Comment

• Struja
                      • Sep 2008

A name change is a name change. The fact that UMD supports a name change for the sake of false hopes such as NATO is treason. The fact that UMD even supports negotiations is treason.

This is not a game, this is a serious threat to our existence. Our sovereignty and human rights are not up for negotiation, yet this is exactly what successive Macedonian Governments have been doing and this is exactly what UMD supports.
                      Well the Macedonian government is also in favour of name change just to join Nato and the EU! UMD is only following the footstep of what the government is saying “we’re going to let the people make that choice in a referendum” which I think is a joke!

Comment

• Volk
                        • Sep 2008

you did advocate a compromised name for the purposes of NATO membership.
                        kade?? kade baram, ili barav promena na imeto?! I never called for this, in the quote you provided I said it is better for Macedonia to join NATO under it fyrom, which it had already joined the numerous organisation under the same 'term', than not join.

Well I think you have placed economic and strategic causes in front of the Macedonian cause
                        Clearly the Macedonian cause is what counts, the strategy is simply an avenue to achieve them.

One of my beliefs is no compromises whatsoever in any form.
                        The word 'compromise' should be replaced by capitulation, because that's what it is. The only compromise I accept to dual formula.
                        Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• Volk
                          • Sep 2008

The fact that UMD supports a name change for the sake of false hopes such as NATO is treason
                          They say they do not support a name change... you say they do.

you have not proven your point.
                          Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• Vangelovski
                            • Sep 2008

Volk, you read and hear and still you don't understand. But we've already been through this a million times on Maknews.

And yes, RtG is right, you do advocate a name change for the sake of NATO - your own post betrays you.

Comment

• NikodimMKD
                              Banned
                              • Apr 2009

Volk, you read and hear and still you don't understand. But we've already been through this a million times on Maknews.

And yes, RtG is right, you do advocate a name change for the sake of NATO - your own post betrays you.

That might be the case with certain members of the UMD, especially the members from the USA, but the vast majority of its members do not support compromise on the name.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by NikodimMKD View Post
                                That might be the case with certain members of the UMD, especially the members from the USA, but the vast majority of its members do not support compromise on the name.
                                Nikodim, you make a good point - I have no idea what ordinary UMD members think, I'm merely tyring to make them aware of what the UMD leadership - Board Members - think. When I speak about the Board Members, I'm referring to the American-based Board Members, not the Australian ones. Unfortunately, the American Board members outnumber the others.

Comment

Working...
                                X