Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rogi
    • Sep 2008

I don't think you understood what I wrote in my post...

Did you intentionally read it in a way that you could make your own argument (based on your own pre-decided misinterpretation) because you may have a problem with me personally?

I understand the Greek attempt to push the Rights of our people into an argument over history and using their falsified history to justify their occupation of Macedonia and the denial of the Rights and existence of our people.

My argument is that ancient history should have no relevance, in that it cannot be used (as the Greeks are using it and getting away with it) as an argument to deny the Rights of the Macedonian people.

It should have no bearing. Regardless of history and all those arguments, to deny the rights of people today because of that is absurd - and as such historical falsifications by the Greeks should have no bearing at all. Surely you agree?

Or do you argue that we should use ancient history as our argument too and focus on obtaining minority rights for the Macedonians in the occupied parts of Macedonia, based on the arguments on ancient history? I surely hope not and I'll explain why...

We definitely need to bring the history argument in and focus on it, as part of our on-going struggle for truth and justice. We cannot let the Greeks get away with stealing our history and all the subsequent damage caused by them stealing our history. I hope we agree here.

However, I disagree with focusing on history for the human rights / minority-cases.

If we base our minority-rights/human-rights arguments on the arguments of ancient history, then we are playing the Greek game where there's the likelihood the dispute over minority-rights/human-rights will move away from being a 'legal' dispute based on Internationally accept rights, but rather a historical dispute, argued amongst historians where, as I'm sure you agree, a lot is left to politics and politicians and the power of force as opposed to Internationally accepted Rights and International Law.

That means it could be dragged into a dispute that could last much longer than we have. Bear in mind, we have 20-30 years or so until there really is no ethnically aware Macedonian minority left in Greek-occupied Macedonia.

I understand that by taking them on historically could shatter their whole 'argument' of historical falsification, used to deny our rights today and their attempts to destroy us over the last 100 years. Taking them on over the history will mean they will come down like a house of cards. That fight over history is the fight we need to open up and use to take them down.

I urge you to stop being a twat and actually read what I write, not what you wish that I would write so that you can argue against me and prove that you're the biggest and best Macedonian and nobody is as good as you.

If you actually read and understand what I am writing, they way I intend it to be read, you'll realise that you've made up your mind about me personally and what I stand for, based on what you saw Meto (not me) say in a video (which I seriously argued with him about) as well as a couple of press releases (which I opposed).

Meanwhile, I'm working my ass off to get things in UMD on the right track (note, I'm not just involved with UMD and don't pigeon-hole me as "UMD") and away from certain influences that could have lead to divergence from the Macedonian cause, and toward certain unforgivable positions, etc... but you really have no idea about me and I'd appreciate it if you drop your assumptions and conclusions about me and actually read what I write, they way I write it, they way I intend it.

Let me be clear, by the way, when that "NATO Summit" was taking place last year and there was discussion about changing the name, my position and vote was "no-negotiations" (as it has always been) not just 'no name change'.

My comment (which is on record) was that we should rather go to war with Greece because even thinking about changing our name cannot be a consideration.
    Last edited by Rogi; 03-11-2009, 12:24 AM.

Comment

• Pelister
      • Sep 2008

Should .. Shouldn't ...

The fact is that they are using ancient history as a basis to deny Macedonian human rights, and neither you, the Macedonian government, or UMD have a clue what to do about it.

UMD could do with some honest Macedonian historians, instead of bullshite public relations advisors, post-modernist idealists, and marketers to put the gloss on a very shady organization.

Want some free advice? Find a way to attack the New Greek reasoning (i.e, history), which is behind their attack on Macedonia, and Macedonians, make it political, make it public; and bring the fkn havard historians, and everyone else into it. Someone has to air Greeces dirty laundry.

Comment

Working...
      X