Independence day celebrations at Federation Square?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • XRVOL
    • Jan 2009

Independence day celebrations at Federation Square?

Guys, does anyone know if these celebrations will continue this year? We have a good thing going with this. It should be continued.
  • Mikail
    • Sep 2008

Rogi, Any ideas whether this will be going ahead?
    From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"

Comment

• Prolet
      • Sep 2009

Goran Torbakov who is the current President of the Makedonski Sovet in Victoria would be the best person to ask this, there was clashes with the former committee lead by Zlate Nicevski and Ico Najdovski so who knows what will happen.

The question is will the former committee continue to support this?
      МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Mikail
        • Sep 2008

No Prolet, The question is, is the current committee supporting this? The did take over last year and are they going to uphold Macedonian values and Cause.

If you know something then let us know!
        From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"

Comment

• Blagojce
          • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
          Goran Torbakov who is the current President of the Makedonski Sovet in Victoria would be the best person to ask this, there was clashes with the former committee lead by Zlate Nicevski and Ico Najdovski so who knows what will happen.

The question is will the former committee continue to support this?
          I was about to ask if this event was still scheduled for next week. Been to the previous two, last years was pretty impressive.

What were the clashes for? Why is there so much argument and distrust in our community?

Comment

• Prolet
            • Sep 2009

Bogojce, Its actually much worse then that, Ico on his radio said that he's recieved threats from current committee members and he wants proper action to be taken.

Mikail, I understand where you are getting at, but we've seen no advertizing whats so ever and this is less then a week away. Keep in mind that the Shrine of Rememberance ceremony was promoted weeks before Ilinden however we havnt heard anything about the flags on Fed Square not even on Ico's radio station.
            МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Blagojce
              • Mar 2010

Just once it seemed to be taking off and turning into a yearly event, it appears it wont be occurring this year.

Still find it hard to believe that people would fight or have contrasting views in a committee where it simply was to organise the raising of 8 flags.

Comment

• Mikail
                • Sep 2008

Well if it doesn't take place, we can only assume that Petar has put an end to it. The takeover of the association was arranged by him and his supporters.

I had my reservations at the time of the 'coup' and it would appear I had every right to doubt this groups motives.

Comment

• XRVOL
                  • Jan 2009

Yeah, asked Goran Torbakov.

The morning ceremony will take place. Unfortunately, the evening festivities are not going to take place.

Comment

• Mikail
                    • Sep 2008

In that case, I offer my apologies for the above rant.

Comment

• Rogi
                      • Sep 2008

Mikail, I disagree with your assessement above at post #8.

Imagine moving into a role where many people rely on you (in this case the entire community) from the get-go, but the previous employee (in this case the previous committee) didn't leave you with any documentation or support at all on the existing projects. It really leaves you to pick everything up from scratch - I believe that is what has occurred in this case. I think they are trying to pick up and maintain all pre-existing initiatives as well as start up some new ones (i.e Spring Festival, etc).

From what I can see, much of their work has been getting their house in order first and getting some sort of processes in place to manage things correctly. I notice a new updated website has also gone up for the Macedonian Community Council of Victoria at http://www.mccvic.org

Prolet, Zlate Niceski is still involved with the Macedonian Community Council of Victoria. See their organisation charts, which I just saw on their website:

* On another note, the Australian Macedonian Spring Festival due to take place this Sunday has been postponed due to the expected heavy rain, storms and flash flooding for this weekend. I just saw the announcement at: http://www.mccvic.org/index.php?opti...ement&Itemid=1
                      Last edited by Rogi; 09-02-2010, 06:07 AM.

Comment

• Mikail
                        • Sep 2008

Rogi I take your point for my post 8 and I did extend my apologies in post 10 as opposed to deleting it.

This group is/was branded as being pro-Petar and if they are making positive initiatives and steering clear of the church politics then I applaud their efforts.

Comment

• Prolet
                          • Sep 2009

Rogi, Zlate Nicevski was the President and Ico Najdovski was the Secretary, if you recall during the protest in 2008 Zlate Nicevski made a speech in front of the parliament. That committee was also heavily involved in organizing the protest as i recall Ico Najdovski was constantly telling people to show their support and he interviewed many patriots in the lead up. I recall an interview by Aco Taleski who gave one of the most inspirational interviews in a long time.

Mikail, Ico Najdovski threatened legal action over the legality of the voting, he still hasnt done anything. Even Zlate Nicevski who was the President at the time agreed that the voting was done in a fair and democratic way.

Comment

• Rogi
                            • Sep 2008

That committee was heavily involved in organising the protest? Prolet, I beg to differ - I have all the notes from all the meeting minutes, because I attended all the meetings, and I can sure you that the word 'heavily' is not something you should use.

As for the voting in the Community Council's AGM, I also read-through the Constitution of the Macedonian Community Council of Victoria (MCCV) myself and what transpired at that AGM, was completely in accordance with the MCCV Constitution, I don't think any reasonably intelligent person will disptue that.
                            Last edited by Rogi; 09-02-2010, 08:59 AM.

Comment

• Prolet
                              • Sep 2009

Rogi, Are we talking about the same protest here? I think that they even payed the Public Liability insurance since you cant arrange a protest if you dont have it. It seems strange to me why Ico would go through all that effort if he wasnt one of the main organizors of the Protest.

Comment

Working...
                              X