X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PRODUCTOFMACEDONIA
    • Mar 2013

Internet connection in macedonia - need advice

hey guys I need some advice about the internet connection in Macedonia.1) do they have a high speed connection such as broadband in Macedonia 2) is the connection reliable 3) any idea where I can get information about this on the net
    The reason for my question is soon I plan to start forex trading. believe I will do well in it, but I am not happy to pay the Australian government 47c in the dollar in tax. i have checked out forex forums and there have been a lot of traders who have moved overseas but the countries they live to trade does not interest me at all. i understand that in Macedonia the tax rate is 10% and that is IF I do pay taxes on the trades. i am just weighing up my options for now.
    thanks
  • EgejskaMakedonia
    • Jan 2010

This is from Wikipedia, so take it with a grain of salt.

Internet access is widely available. Broadband internet is available through cable, ADSL, WiMax and LAN connections. You can also access internet with your mobile phone, via GPRS or 3G.
    ONE offers both internet for home and mobile internet. More information here [30]. T-home offers ADSL internet for 599 denars/month (10€) - 30GB bandwidth, 6Mbps speed - you need to have PSTN connection from T-home.
    Internet cafes are available in most cities and in some villages.

Surely it can't be as shit as the internet we have in Australia.

Comment

• Bill77
      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by PRODUCTOFMACEDONIA View Post
      hey guys I need some advice about the internet connection in Macedonia.1) do they have a high speed connection such as broadband in Macedonia 2) is the connection reliable 3) any idea where I can get information about this on the net
      The reason for my question is soon I plan to start forex trading. believe I will do well in it, but I am not happy to pay the Australian government 47c in the dollar in tax. i have checked out forex forums and there have been a lot of traders who have moved overseas but the countries they live to trade does not interest me at all. i understand that in Macedonia the tax rate is 10% and that is IF I do pay taxes on the trades. i am just weighing up my options for now.
      thanks
      Hello product of Macedonia.
      This is amazing, last night I was thinking "should I open a trading thread and hope to benefit fellow Macedonians in this forum" and now you pop out mentioning Forex.

Re your Internet questions.
      Certainly they have hi speed net, a while ago I read somewhere something about wireless covering almost 100 percent of the country and its one of the best in Europe. While I was there, I used Net Cafes as it was cheap at the time and I never had issues with connections.

I have a trading partner from Sydney who initialy comes from Skopje who could possibly assist you with enquiries. He is one awesome trader and at one stage he wanted to start some type of trading initiative involving Macedonians from ROM to help his fellow Macedonians. Only just recently I've got back into trading and reastablished contact with this friend so I'm not sure how far he has gone with his plans re Citisens in ROM.

Mate I would love to talk Forex and Comodities (if you trade it) with you. I used to trade the beast GBP/JPY but recently concentrated on Gold after this friend of mine convinced me. I'm doing well with it and the moves are so big wich can be dangerous if you're not competent but on the other side of the coin it's rewarding if you play it right.

Which Forums do you visit? If Forex Factory is one, what's your user name?

Keep in touch.
      http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Bij
        • Oct 2009

Yes they have high speed internet, it honestly was quicker than mine at home (but i'm with TPG so boo).

This is from wikipedia

Macedonia

T-Home and One are the two ISPs which offer ADSL2+ in Macedonia, with download speeds up to 20 Mbit/s and upload speeds up to 1 Mbit/s. T-Home and On.net can deliver their services across the country. T-Home offer IPTV services, with high definition television (HDTV) and recently established an optical network to the users in part of the capital city of Skopje (2010).

As far as trading from Macedonia, can you not just trade in Australia and have the profits paid in to an account (domiciled in Australia) using the name of your Macedonian business? It seems like a lot of work to move over there to save on tax.

Comment

• PRODUCTOFMACEDONIA
          • Mar 2013

Thanks egejskamakedonia and bij you guys have got me started. i went on t-home website and found out they actually have optic internet, with speeds 3 times faster than what I have here in Australia.

Comment

• PRODUCTOFMACEDONIA
            • Mar 2013

hello bill77.thanks for your reply.
            that is a good idea. we should see how many people that come on this site have an interest in forex trading and possibly have our own thread.
            just to give you a rundown on my experience.
            I have actually been part time reading about forex in the last 5 years, and start of this year have been getting more involved. i personally like the asx 200 index, this year I have been doing very well in the trial mode it seems I cannot do nothing wrong. my currency trading is 50/50 and I need a bit more work with it, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.i have had a look at trading gold as well.
            overall I am still in a work in progress mode but I feel confident. currently I am actually planning to work only on Saturday and sundays and be free on Monday to Friday.i am risking everything for this so we will see how it goes.

Comment

• Bill77
              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by PRODUCTOFMACEDONIA View Post
              hello bill77.thanks for your reply.
              that is a good idea. we should see how many people that come on this site have an interest in forex trading and possibly have our own thread.
              just to give you a rundown on my experience.
              I have actually been part time reading about forex in the last 5 years, and start of this year have been getting more involved. i personally like the asx 200 index, this year I have been doing very well in the trial mode it seems I cannot do nothing wrong. my currency trading is 50/50 and I need a bit more work with it, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.i have had a look at trading gold as well.
              overall I am still in a work in progress mode but I feel confident. currently I am actually planning to work only on Saturday and sundays and be free on Monday to Friday.i am risking everything for this so we will see how it goes.
              My advise.....opena live account with small amount, say $200
              Why.....it's much much diferent trading on Demo compared to live. Once there is real money involved....your money, emotions take over and it's a diferent ball game. Before you sell up or make any other big moves, try it first and see how it goes.

Do you have a trading system? And are you a technical trader or fundemental?

Ps: Stay away from the Aussie broker GO MARKETS I recently had major issues withdrawing my money from them.
              http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

macedonian internet is so slow & unreliable.Also beware of hackers.be carefull trading forex is so volatile.
                "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

All the share traders (and whatever financial product) seem to come out of the woodworks when the the market is trending upwards. They become a little shy about their performance when the market shits itself often enough.
                  Risto the Great
                  MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                  "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Phoenix
                    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                    All the share traders (and whatever financial product) seem to come out of the woodworks when the the market is trending upwards. They become a little shy about their performance when the market shits itself often enough.
                    A bit like most gamblers, they love to tell you about the quaddy they picked up but never seem to mention any of their numerous losses.

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                      • Jan 2010

On the topic of internet connection, this is an interesting link.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

I'm willing to wait 10 minutes for Game of Thrones. I'll get the popcorn cranking. I'll also save billions of dollars from almost already outdated technology.
                        Risto the Great

Comment

• Vangelovski
                          • Sep 2008

I'm willing to wait 10 minutes for Game of Thrones. I'll get the popcorn cranking. I'll also save billions of dollars from almost already outdated technology.
                          Its the NBN we had to have.
                          If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

The NBN is a waste of money. This government is wasting money consistently and brilliantly.
                            Risto the Great

Comment

• Vangelovski
                              • Sep 2008

The NBN is a waste of money. This government is wasting money consistently and brilliantly.
                              I was being sarcastic. It was a reference to Paul Keating's, 'the recession we had to have'
                              If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

Working...
                              X