X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Phoenix
    • Dec 2008

Lonely Planet 2014

Macedonia made it into the Lonely Planet top 10 destinations (country destinations for 2014)

It was just a matter of time before we were 'discovered'...lol
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Please note Adelaide in the top 10 cities also. I guess that just makes us Macedonians from Adelaide extra special.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Gocka
      • Dec 2012

I like and at the same time hate when we are mentioned in this kind of way.

I like it because its nice to be noticed and not always be some obscure place that most people dont know exists.

I hate it because every time something like this comes out it gives Macedonians a false sense of accomplishment which only promotes complacency. The VMRO leadership has learned this and is constantly shoving these kind of "accomplishments" in peoples faces, and it seems to work every single time.

I think K15 have a skit about it, where Cacko picks up the Economist magazine and says "vidi be batka prvi sme" then Toso grabs it from him read it and says " Abe covek ovde pisi deka sme na prvo mesto za mizerija".

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
        Please note Adelaide in the top 10 cities also. I guess that just makes us Macedonians from Adelaide extra special.
        Lol, surely Adelaide in the top 10 is taking the piss Risto??
        Either that, or people must love visiting churches.

Seems like it's come a long way, might have to visit there one day.

As for Macedonia, it seems to be popping up in a lot of tourist destination recommendations as of late. Might be time to go back and visit there over the next few years as well.

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
          • Jan 2009

Here are some other sites about the Top 10 countries

Lonely Planet's Best in Travel 2014 - top 10 countries

Ten best countries to visit

Best Countries For 2014: Macedonia

I thought I'd throw this in.....
          Macedonia among the 10 economies with the largest improvements in doing business
          The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• George S.
            • Aug 2009

doing business what guarantee you have about corruption?
            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• julie
              • May 2009

oi, no more insults to Adelaide being in the top cities of the world to visit. I was apalled at the Sydney Heralkd 29/10 with their sarcastic attack. And thought it was quite appropriate US papers saying to evade Sydney altogether and come straight to Adelaide
              "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by julie View Post
                oi, no more insults to Adelaide being in the top cities of the world to visit. I was apalled at the Sydney Heralkd 29/10 with their sarcastic attack. And thought it was quite appropriate US papers saying to evade Sydney altogether and come straight to Adelaide
                I think it's just a matter of outdated stereotypes and an unwanted stigma that has latched on. People bag out Tassie all the time, but it's very picturesque. I haven't been to Adelaide, but it's pretty obvious that it's underrated and probably doesn't get the attention it deserves.

Comment

• George S.
                  • Aug 2009

didn't keating say that Adelaide is the arse end of Australia?That would be a complement of some kind.
                  "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                  GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Phoenix
                    • Dec 2008

Great pics, TLWR.

Comment

• Gocka
                      • Dec 2012

The church in the first picture is where I was married.

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                        • Jan 2010

Lol, loving the Giorgio Tsoukalos picture you've got going there Phoenix. The ancient assonauts would be proud of you.

Comment

• George S.
                          • Aug 2009

phoenix is that you in the flesh .You look like a time lord take that as a complement.Young gogetter.
                          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Phoenix
                            • Dec 2008

EM & George S, I was flicking through Foxtel last night when I noticed the one millionth repeat of 'Ancient Aliens' and that crazy grik with the crazy hairdo.

So I thought I might go greek for the week but I won't be engaging in any goat affection...

Comment

• George S.
                              • Aug 2009

I think its definitely thealien hairdo.
                              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
                              X