Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wanderer
    • Nov 2009

Interesting source,and I will indeed check it out,when i will find more time.
    From a brief reading of the quote,it says that the villagers of Atropos,took the decision to speak only in Greek and wipe out any slavic idiom in their language.All these,so to not have misunderstandings with the Bulgarians.As it says,the villagers took the decision on their own.I dont know of course,if they really did or if they were forced to.
    Also the changing of the names,doesnt really mean something.there are also villages in Turkey,Minor Asia,which had Greek names and after 1922,the Turks changed the names to Turkish ones,because the Greeks had left and should be inhabinted by Turks.Same way,like this.

Comment

• El Bre
      • Sep 2008

Also the changing of the names,doesnt really mean something.there are also villages in Turkey,Minor Asia,which had Greek names and after 1922,the Turks changed the names to Turkish ones,because the Greeks had left and should be inhabinted by Turks.Same way,like this.
      Yeah, the difference is, the original Macedonian inhabitants were still living in the villages when their names were changed (people and places).
      Last edited by El Bre; 12-18-2009, 02:54 PM.

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
        BBS,
        I may have more details on this traitor, I want to confirm my info first but I will post the facts in a few hours!
        Another Macedonian traitor: Konstantinos "Kottas" Christou
        BBS,
        I can confirm that this "gnasen eden" was responsible for the deaths of both of my great grandfathers. Co-incidentally my great grandfather from my mums side and my great grandfather from my dads side. Itso Nikoff and Peno Gosheff were both killed at the vodenitsa at Lerin by him. When confronted about these deaths he calimed the Turks had done the killing, the Turks were asked if that was the case and replied "no it was Kotta, we keep written records and we definitely did not kill them" the Macedonians then asked him how he wanted to die, given he had been caught out, and hung him up by his hands to die slowly and be an example to other traitors. He was caught and killed near Bitola. Amazingly the Greeks made a hero out of him and erected a statue in his honour in Lerin.
        Makedonche, thanks for this very real (and close) account.
        I drove past this statue on the way to Kostur. I asked if I could get out and spit on it. If only the young Macedonians in Greece were still aware of their own history .... there would be revolt!
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• makedonche
          • Oct 2008

BBS,
          Very true - typical modern day greek! It's amazing that my mother doesn't say much about the old days and when she mentioned Kotta about a month ago I tried to research him and got nowhere - imagine my surprise when you posted his information on this forum! Now all I need to do is find any of his remaining living relatives and see if they know the truth.
          On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• makedonche
            • Oct 2008

RTG,
            Before my time is done this statue will disappear!
            On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Daskalot
              • Sep 2008

Here is some information on Kote Hristov from Rula:

Source: "The Close Racial Kinship Between the Greeks, Bulgarians, and Turks: Macedonia and Thrace" by Dr. George Nakratzas, 1999, page 127.

Germanos Karavangelis sold him out to the Ottomans. Germanos used Kote in the propaganda war against the Macedonian population.
              Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Daskalot
                • Sep 2008

What did Kote Hristov say, here are some quotes:

In the afternoon they spoke to a meeting of the villagers. Kotas on his knees, in his traditional uniform, was talking in the local idiom, with great eloquence and even greater persuasiveness.

He was saying: "From here, the Greek border is three days away. The Bulgarian border is thirty days away and they are full with thorns. We are receiving the guns and the bullets from Greece. Our fathers were always Greeks, so they were our grand-fathers and they fought the Turks as Greeks. The old coins that are found in our land have Greek letters. You know these things. These ones here are from Alexander the Great and from Filip (and he showed them) Greek letters are the ones on the marbles also.

I mean the soil and the land is Greek. How could we be Bulgars ?

We are Macedonians. What relation could we possibly have with the Bulgars?"
                Source: "Macedonian stories" by George Modis with the title, "Pictures of Paylos Melas' journey".

To them Pyrzas was translating, very vividly, very eloquently, very convincenly, Kotas spoke in Makedonian.
                Source: "Pavlos Melas" by Natalia P. Mela, Athens 1964, page 241, lines 11-12.

We Macedonians, to achieve freedom, have two roads we can follow. Choose which you want. One goes to Bulgaria; it's a road which lasts thirty days, and it's full of thorns which flay us by the time we get there. The other goes to Greece in three days, and it's fine and clear.
                Source: "Pavlos Melas" by Natalia P. Mela, Athens 1964, page 242.

The last quote supports the quote from the book of George Modis(first quote).
                Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

I suppose Kote was one of the "Greek speaking Macedonians" ... except of course he couldn't speak Greek.
                  Risto the Great
                  MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                  "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                    • Jan 2009

Nice post Daskale. I've read somewhere that Albanians used to sing songs about Kota. Well I guess that just immediately should translate to imposter hellenes
                    Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• Bill77
                      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
                      BBS,
                      Macedonians then asked him how he wanted to die, given he had been caught out, and hung him up by his hands to die slowly and be an example to other traitors. He was caught and killed near Bitola. Amazingly the Greeks made a hero out of him and erected a statue in his honour in Lerin.
                      Not only a statue, but his family house is a shrine where they charge you admission fee.

A few years back while i was in Lerin, i watched a doco regarding the family home of this kokoshka and the keeper who claimed to be a Grand son or great nephew, he was crying like a baboon (resil) and he was so proud. I knew nothing about him especially that he was Macedonian at the time, even up till now i came across this thread. All i knew (after asking a grkoman at the time) who the fuck was this kota guy, the reply was "Greek Hero". So i lost interest and left it at that. I must add about this documentary, clothing were sprawled on a bed with the keeper claiming to be the authentic clothing kota wore but i'm not sure on what occasion these cloths to be so special. Some so called scientist from Athens turned up and examine these cloths, only to conclude they weren't authentic as the clothing analysis dated much later than the time of Kota. A fucken fraud. I suppose you can't fraud a fraudster.

Anyway, i know someone close to my family who has a sibling married in the Kota family that once boasted about kota beeing a great Greek..... the normal shit you would here from a Grkoman. Boy now that i know what i know about Kota, i'll be looking at this person in a different way.
                      Last edited by Bill77; 06-20-2012, 07:10 AM.
                      http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• George S.
                        • Aug 2009

The greeks go on as if there is no macedonian idiom.But back in those early day's the greek hero Pavlos Melas wrote home in one of his letters of how he learned to speak MACEDONIAN to his family.He had made a frank admission & he was a famous greek hero.Contast that with the propaganda that is emanating around from greece all the time.Denial & paranoia of anything macedonian.
                        Last edited by George S.; 06-20-2012, 01:19 PM. Reason: ed
                        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• makedonche
                          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
                          Not only a statue, but his family house is a shrine where they charge you admission fee.

A few years back while i was in Lerin, i watched a doco regarding the family home of this kokoshka and the keeper who claimed to be a Grand son or great nephew, he was crying like a baboon (resil) and he was so proud. I knew nothing about him especially that he was Macedonian at the time, even up till now i came across this thread. All i knew (after asking a grkoman at the time) who the fuck was this kota guy, the reply was "Greek Hero". So i lost interest and left it at that. I must add about this documentary, clothing were sprawled on a bed with the keeper claiming to be the authentic clothing kota wore but i'm not sure on what occasion these cloths to be so special. Some so called scientist from Athens turned up and examine these cloths, only to conclude they weren't authentic as the clothing analysis dated much later than the time of Kota. A fucken fraud. I suppose you can't fraud a fraudster.

Anyway, i know someone close to my family who has a sibling married in the Kota family that once boasted about kota beeing a great Greek..... the normal shit you would here from a Grkoman. Boy now that i know what i know about Kota, i'll be looking at this person in a different way.
                          Bill77
                          The more we discover about people like this, the more obvious it becomes just how monumental the struggle for Macedonian independece was, back in the old days, with pricks like this betraying the loyal and patriotic Macedoninans of the day and ensuring they either failed or were killed. It causes me great shame and embaressment that I haven't personally exerted as much as even 1% of my capabilities toward achieving that independence! I will say one thing though, this individual and any of his remaining blood relatives will one day reap what their forefather has sown....that day draws nearer with time.

Comment

• Bill77
                            • Oct 2009

makedonche,

From what i can gather, the Kota family is a laughing stock since there scandalous attempt at show casing clothing that never belonged to the prick. Well the household of Grkomani in Lerin that watched this doco with me thought the keeper (a Kota family member) is an idiot anyway, and i would not be surprised if the majority thought the same. I bet he would be more respected or atleast not laughed at if he claimed to be Macedonian, instead he still boasts how legendary his fake Greek relo is.
                            A complete imbecile.
                            Last edited by Bill77; 06-22-2012, 03:23 AM.
                            http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Louis
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2012

This is a picture of Captain Kottas and his three sons.

Comment

• damian
                                Banned
                                • Jun 2012

His biography makes one sick. It's amazing how the Greeks propagate him as a local hero really shows how sinister their activities in the area were. Apparently they killed him too.

Comment

Working...
                                X