• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George S.
    • Aug 2009

REMINDER! Australia Census - Macedonians in Australia

Nearly 100 thousand Macedonians live in Australia

Perth, 21 June 2012 (MIA) - Nearly 100.000 citizens with Macedonian origin live in Australia, according to a recent census.

The Australian Bureau of Statistics has unveiled initial results from last year's census, which show that 22.485.300 people live in Australia, out of which 93.570 have Macedonian background. According to the 2006 census, there were 83.978 people with Macedonian origin.

According to results, 68.849 stated that they spoke Macedonian in addition to English, while 40.222 said they were born in Macedonia.

In the 2006 census, 67.833 declared that they spoke Macedonian and 40.656 that they were born in Macedonia.

At a meeting with representatives of the Australian Bureau of Statistics, Macedonia's honorary consul Zoran Koseski welcomed the census results, which "are a fresh impulse for the development of the Macedonian community in Australia and the development of bilateral ties with Macedonia." ba/17:15
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV
  • George S.
    • Aug 2009

oh well i thought at one time that we had something of the order of 300,000.But there you
    go stats really show how many there are.Still i reckon there are stupid ones who dont wish to reveal their identity.The fear factor.
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• lerin
      • Jul 2011

93000 there is that many grkomani alone and thats just some of my family!!!. Not to mention all of shepparton, most of doncaster, templestowe etc . Including grkomani we would be 300 000 for sure.

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

welcome Lerin.Definitely agree there.
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• makedonche
          • Oct 2008

Just goes to show how many are either afraid or too dumb to call themselves Macedonian!
          On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• BigMak
            Banned
            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
            Just goes to show how many are either afraid or too dumb to call themselves Macedonian!
            Afraid my ass, They prefer to be greek, fuck them, Macedonians should no longer waste our time on these perverted individuals

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
              • Aug 2010

One, MAJOR MISCONCEPTION about Grkomani in diaspora countries .. not, very well respected within Greece .. dislike and seldom trust ANY outsiders. Not, long ago the Pano Mak Ass were involved in a serious "pension scandal" and it's been down hill ever since.

ANY, G'RKOMAN READING THIS GETTING PENSION MONEY FROM GREECE ILLEGALLY? YOU, KNOW ANY G'RKOMAN THAT CHANGED THEIR LAST NAME? WHY? MORE, THAN ONE PENSION PAYMENT AND OR HIDING FROM GREEK LAW.
              Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 06-22-2012, 01:03 AM. Reason: n
              http://www.makedonskakafana.com

Macedonia for the Macedonians

Comment

• makedonche
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by BigMak View Post
                Afraid my ass, They prefer to be greek, fuck them, Macedonians should no longer waste our time on these perverted individuals
                BigMak
                Fair call too, I was being too diplomatic!
                On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Mad Mako
                  • Apr 2012

I had my 4 of my family members in Macedonia on holiday last August when the census took place here in Oz and I remember calling the local rep to explain that all he people in my Fathers household were away in Europe holiday, how many more Macedonians would of been in August from Australia at that time.

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
                    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Mad Mako View Post
                    I had my 4 of my family members in Macedonia on holiday last August when the census took place here in Oz and I remember calling the local rep to explain that all he people in my Fathers household were away in Europe holiday, how many more Macedonians would of been in August from Australia at that time.
                    Welcome Mad Mako,
                    You make a good point.. How many Macedonians in August that were still on Holidays in Macedonia..?
                    I knew several families that were over there at the time...Not to mention others that were at other destinations..
                    I know a few Macedonians that were temporally away at that time for work in Asia and USA..
                    So there could be at least a couple of thousands that were not countered for..
                    The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• julie
                      • May 2009

I was in Mak in August and it irritated me not being able to fill out the census form -
                      "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
                        • Jan 2009

All thou majority claim to be Macedonian Orthodox 43,068 & 14,676 Macedonians claimed to be of Eastern Orthodox
                        What concerns me is that 5,381 Macedonian claim to be of greek Orthodox religion.......?
                        And another example, The Serbian showing 4,254 of greek Orthodox religion...
                        I can understand some Macedonians being Grekomani but What is wrong with most of these people.. Are they too dumb or too lazy to fill out the census correctly...?

In Greek Census, Not one claimed to have been Born in the greek Province of Macedonia.. where are all these proud greek-Macedonians..?

The Albanians, shows population of just under 10,000 in Australia and it indicates that 1,829 Albanians born in Macedonia, 20.4% that have migrated to Australia

Surprised to see such a small population of Bulgarians in Australia under 3,000 if I haven’t got the stats wrong...
                        I’m curious to know why Bulgaria didn’t have a big influx of immigrated to Australia like the other Balkan Nations..?
                        I notice that there were 7 claiming to Bulgarians born in Macedonia..?
                        Also it shows that majority of 665 Bulgarians at 28.7% claim to be of greek Orthodox religion...? WTF
                        Funny that none claim to be of Bulgarian Orthodox, but 466 of them 20.1% noted of Eastern Orthodox, 27 of them claim to be of Russian Orthodox

We are by Far greater then Serbians, Croatians or any other Balkan Nation excluding Greece, yet we cannot manage to own our Clubs... etc
                        The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• Phoenix
                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by The LION will ROAR View Post
                          Welcome Mad Mako,
                          You make a good point.. How many Macedonians in August that were still on Holidays in Macedonia..?
                          I knew several families that were over there at the time...Not to mention others that were at other destinations..
                          I know a few Macedonians that were temporally away at that time for work in Asia and USA..
                          So there could be at least a couple of thousands that were not countered for..
                          ...the July/August period is a busy period for Australian Macedonians travelling back to Macedonia, that's for sure...

Comment

• Phoenix
                            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by lerin View Post
                            93000 there is that many grkomani alone and thats just some of my family!!!. Not to mention all of shepparton, most of doncaster, templestowe etc . Including grkomani we would be 300 000 for sure.
                            ...my good friend Osiris would be mortified by the claim that all of shep is grkoman.
                            Last edited by Phoenix; 06-22-2012, 10:40 PM.

Comment

• United MKD
                              • Jul 2011

Originally posted by The LION will ROAR View Post
                              What concerns me is that 5,381 Macedonian claim to be of greek Orthodox religion.......?
                              I assume that's the old baba and dedo egej's who never converted to the Macedonian Orthodox Church.

Comment

Working...
                              X