• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stojacanec
    • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
    Sash Ognahsbgwesvski lol
    Has been recalled for the Aussie side. Now it will be a bit more interesting to watch.
    Sasha did well for Australia. Australia were unlucky not to come away with a win but Japan had all the chances.

Comment

• Macedonian_Nationalist
      • Jul 2012

Lol Melbourne Victory is going to sign the Turko Christian captain Karogounis. If true their transition into Melbourne Hellas would almost be complete.

Comment

• United MKD
        • Jul 2011

Oh yuck, I can't stand that guy. To see him week in week out is gonna be horrible.

Comment

• Bill77
          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Macedonian_Nationalist View Post
          Lol Melbourne Victory is going to sign the Turko Christian captain Karogounis. If true their transition into Melbourne Hellas would almost be complete.
          True unfortunately.

Blackogounis is coming to Victory it's official.

On a sporting sense, he came runners up to Berbatov in player of the year at the EPL club Fullam and should do extremely well in a lesser League like the ALeague.

On a business sense, Ange is trying to get the Greek dollar which demonstrates (against some peoples belief in here) there aren't many Greeks following the club and its a market both Melbourne clubs are trying to tap into.

On a personal sense..........farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrk. I will have to celebrate when he scores. It's going to be very painful.
          Last edited by Bill77; 06-09-2013, 08:30 PM.
          http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Bill77
            • Oct 2009

Check out this Tweet by some Greek Twit

Tweet: @OlympicGM

"@smfc @neoskosmos Karagounis' pending signing for @mvfc is an attack on Hellenism and is a calculated attack from the @aleague franchise."

Attack on Hellenism????
            Amazing, there is no other like a Greek.

Comment

• Macedonian_Nationalist
              • Jul 2012

True unfortunately.

Blackogounis is coming to Victory it's official.

On a sporting sense, he came runners up to Berbatov in player of the year at the EPL club Fullam and should do extremely well in a lesser League like the ALeague.

On a business sense, Ange is trying to get the Greek dollar which demonstrates (against some peoples belief in here) there aren't many Greeks following the club and its a market both Melbourne clubs are trying to tap into.

On a personal sense..........farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrk. I will have to celebrate when he scores. It's going to be very painful.
              Or just don't follow them

Comment

• Bill77
                • Oct 2009

Or just don't follow them
                That's stupid.

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                  • Jan 2010

Thought I posted before but it didn't seem to go through.

Basically what I wrote was that Karagounis is a pretty decent player and should do quite well in the A-League, but his age is a bit of a concern. Nowhere near the likes of ADP or even Heskey in terms of recognition, but a decent signing for Victory.

I understand how you feel though Bill. There was talk he would sign for Heart, and part of me was hoping he wouldn't. However, I think that's more down to the fact that there are bigger names out there Heart could be targeting. Victory doesn't really need a massive international signing because they've already got the supporter base, but we need someone with world-wide recognition.

Oh ye, and the grci are taking over Victory it seems.

Comment

• Bill77
                    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by EgejskaMakedonia View Post
                    Thought I posted before but it didn't seem to go through.

Basically what I wrote was that Karagounis is a pretty decent player and should do quite well in the A-League, but his age is a bit of a concern. Nowhere near the likes of ADP or even Heskey in terms of recognition, but a decent signing for Victory.
                    agree ADP is a different class. But Hesky, not so sure. Yes once upon a time he was highly ranked but how good was he before joining Jets compared to Kara who finished runners up at Fullam Only a month ago.

I understand how you feel though Bill. There was talk he would sign for Heart, and part of me was hoping he wouldn't. However, I think that's more down to the fact that there are bigger names out there Heart could be targeting.
                    Like kewell

By the way it would have been Kara's decision not to take up Hearts offer rather than Heart having a change of Heart.

Oh ye, and the grci are taking over Victory it seems.
                    LOL I give you this one.
                    I've been searching the web last couple of hours and can't back up my initial claims its a done deal. So there is hope it will not happen.
                    Last edited by Bill77; 06-10-2013, 12:27 AM.

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                      • Jan 2010

agree ADP is a different class. But Hesky, not so sure. Yes once upon a time he was highly ranked but how good was he before joining Jets compared to Kara who finished runners up at Fullam Only a month ago.
                      Yeh no doubt, Heskey was quite poor in his last few seasons at Villa. As a villa fan I was rather glad when he finally left, was a bit of a liability. What I meant was that he is more of a household name than Karagounis. A lot of people know who Heskey is, even if they don't have much of an interest in the sport. These are the kind of people Heart need to target and get on board. Most people wouldn't know who Karagounis is unless they're either Greek or have a fairly high degree of interest in the EPL. In terms of playing ability, I'd rank Kara over Heskey at the moment.

Like kewell
                      Ah well, can't go wrong with a minimum wage deal. He's a bit of a flog, but definitely worth the price.

By the way it would have been Kara's decision not to take up Hearts offer rather than Heart having a change of Heart.
                      Can't really blame him for that. If both clubs offered the same deal, most players from overseas would go for Victory.

LOL I give you this one.
                      I've been searching the web last couple of hours and can't back up my initial claims its a done deal. So there is hope it will not happen.
                      A bloke on the Melbourne Heart forum was going on about the prospect that this Karagounis deal involved South Melbourne in one way or another. Most likely a load of crap, but I'm rather concerned with South's push to get into the A-League 'at all costs.' Before you know it they'll be trying to take over interstate clubs if the Melbourne based clubs don't work out for them.

Comment

• Bill77
                        • Oct 2009

Ah well, can't go wrong with a minimum wage deal. He's a bit of a flog, but definitely worth the price.
                        a huge flog (so is Lukas Neil after his treatment towards Heart last season) who unfortunately has lost credibility and tarnishing the legendary status in many Aus Football fans.

Suggestions are Harry tried coming back to Victory but Ange wouldn't have a bar of it. Problem with Harry is he thinks his shit don't stink. I remember during a half time break while Magilton coached at Victory, the fox cameras showed Harry taking over the white board in the change rooms tell Jim what to do. He is disruptive and Ange would not accept someone that thinks he is bigger than the team.

One other thing, Harry is desperate to make the World Cup squad and IMO is only using Heart as he hasn't got a team and needs to play to have a chance. If......Aus don't qualify, or he gets told he has no hope in making the WC squad, don't be surprised if he leaves Heart without kicking a ball in a Heart jumper.

A bloke on the Melbourne Heart forum was going on about the prospect that this Karagounis deal involved South Melbourne in one way or another. Most likely a load of crap, but I'm rather concerned with South's push to get into the A-League 'at all costs.' Before you know it they'll be trying to take over interstate clubs if the Melbourne based clubs don't work out for them.
                        surely Sth can't be allowed in anyway entering the ALeague. That's why the ALeague was created to get rid of the ethnic thing out of the sport. If it does happen, what next? Olympic buying Mariners......Marconi buying Jets....... Where will it stop.

I think (well I hope anyway) its a ploy by Heart to tap into the Greek community and they have no intentions what so ever selling their licence. By having negotiations, would give these Dormant Sth supporters some kind of relationship between the two clubs and hope they jump on.

Comment

• Macedonian_Nationalist
                          • Jul 2012

That's stupid.
                          No it's not. Grkoman eden

Comment

• Bill77
                            • Oct 2009

No it's not. Grkoman eden
                            Ajde re gamoto

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
                              • Jul 2012

So Preston got drawn with South Melbourne for the Quarter Finals of the FFV State Knockout Cup. Should be an interesting match up considering past history between the two. Napred Preston
                              "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

• Macedonian_Nationalist
                                • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Momce Makedonce View Post
                                So Preston got drawn with South Melbourne for the Quarter Finals of the FFV State Knockout Cup. Should be an interesting match up considering past history between the two. Napred Preston
                                When and where is this match ?

Comment

Working...
                                X