X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Liberator of Makedonija
    • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Karposh View Post
    Not a good look at all to be honest. Shameful behaviour by the Croatian fans. What I find strange and confusing is why this happened at all. Weren't we meant to be on friendly terms with the Croatians in this country (and in general)? Why did they decide to travel to Ilinden's home ground and go out of their way to pick a fight with Macedonians? The police have released photos of three people they are after and, I can tell you, they weren't wearing Macedonian colours or symbols. These guys were dressed in black with, what I assume to be, some kind of Ustasha symbols on their clothing and hats.
    My understanding is that the clubs hate eachother due to onfield occurrances, nothing to do with ethnicity. I believe it started around 2016 due to an incident between players that then involved fans and since then there has been conflict between the two clubs. What probably adds to it is that they are two of the better-supported teams in that league so naturally a rivalry is going to emerge, especially with both clubs being top 5 sides.
    I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Apr 2014

Fans from both clubs banned from attending games until the police investigation is concluded:

Following the incidents that occurred at the match between Rockdale Ilinden FC v Sydney United 58 FC on Sunday, 25 April 2021 at Rockdale Ilinden Sports Ground, Football NSW is today imposing the following measures home matches of Rockdale Ilinden FC and Sydney United 58 FC will take place without home and away spectators; and […]
      I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
        • Jul 2012

Just in regard to the Rockdale-Sydney United incident, there had been a number of issues between the two supporter groups over the years (Komiti and SUS), so it wasn't really suprising or out of the blue. The SUS lot in particular are quite mrdnati and Ustashi sympathisers.

Issues started between the two way back in about 2014 and it has just escalated from there, from what I hear the Croatians started it back then and are generally always the instigators which I saw first hand at a Rockdale vs Sydney United FFA clash a few years ago. The SUS group don't have a good track record in general when it comes to incidents, they look to start trouble.

In saying that I don't have anything against Croatians and generally find them respectful. So it makes the Rockdale vs Sydney Utd rivalry a bit strange. Not sure if it's a result of these incidents or some of these Macedonians being pro Serbs, but there seems to be some that have taken quite an animosity for Croatians. I guess a natural response but its important to note that it's a minority it seems.

Interestingly enough a mere couple of weeks before the Rockdale incident I was at a Bankstown City Lions vs Sydney United FFA Cup match at the Sydney United Sports Centre and there were no issues, couple of the Croatians (were standing with SUS but not sure if part of them) were having a chat to us after we beat them in an upset. The Bankstown boys 'Lions Pride Sydney' were pretty tight with the Sydney United supporter group in the 2000's.

But anyway the incident happened and the people responsible have been charged last I heard. Most importantly there were no serious injuries and everyone has recovered.
        "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

Sometimes these hooligans look for any excuse to provoke the opposing supporters, so it wouldn't surprise me if some dumb Macedonians shouted anti-Croat slogans that are typically used by some dumb Serbs, because in the clip I also heard some dumb Croats shouting anti-Serb slogans. All in all, there were probably morons on both sides. I agree that the incident does seem strange. I haven't attended a Preston game in a while, but the last time I went, they were playing against some Greek team, and there were Croats with their flags among the Macedonian supporters and unsurprisingly Serbs among the Greeks.
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

I've come across Macedonians who feel close kindred to Serbs. I can imagine some might feel compelled to defend Serbian honour against Croatians. Wonders never cease. I'd categorise that as something akin to being an abused housewife looking for love in all the wrong places.

Croatians and Macedonians are natural allies.
            Risto the Great
            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Stobi
              • May 2021

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
              I've come across Macedonians who feel close kindred to Serbs. I can imagine some might feel compelled to defend Serbian honour against Croatians. Wonders never cease. I'd categorise that as something akin to being an abused housewife looking for love in all the wrong places.

Croatians and Macedonians are natural allies.
              I use to play for Melbourne Knights reserves and the respect as a Macedonian was always at a high level.

Comment

• Apr 2014

Originally posted by Stobi View Post
                I use to play for Melbourne Knights reserves and the respect as a Macedonian was always at a high level.
                Historically been a close connection between Preston [Makedonia] Lions and Melbourne [Croatia] Knights - particularly in the 1990s. These days it is not so much, as the supporter group at Knights (Melbourne Croatia Fans) are in a brotherhood with the Sydney United Supporters, who are not the biggest fans of Macedonians

Comment

• Stobi
                  • May 2021

Originally posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
                  Historically been a close connection between Preston [Makedonia] Lions and Melbourne [Croatia] Knights - particularly in the 1990s. These days it is not so much, as the supporter group at Knights (Melbourne Croatia Fans) are in a brotherhood with the Sydney United Supporters, who are not the biggest fans of Macedonians
                  That is hard to believe, maybe some of the supporters but the older supporters i know from my playing days are all fond of Macedonians.

The current president is a great friend of Macedonians and the treasurer of the club is Macedonian.

Comment

• Carlin
                    • Dec 2011

EURO Macedonian jerseys unveiled:

Comment

• Apr 2014

That is hard to believe, maybe some of the supporters but the older supporters i know from my playing days are all fond of Macedonians.

The current president is a great friend of Macedonians and the treasurer of the club is Macedonian.
                      Are you speaking of Sydney United? Because SUS have made it very clear how they feel about Macedonians.

Comment

• Stobi
                        • May 2021

Are you speaking of Sydney United? Because SUS have made it very clear how they feel about Macedonians.
                        I have no idea about SU, i was talking about Knights.

Comment

• Apr 2014

I have no idea about SU, i was talking about Knights.
                          Knights and Preston historically been close but couple years ago was a period when Knights fans were throwing stickers over Preston (a mark of disrespect). One day we arrived at our stadium to find Knights fans had come in at night to put their stickers around the ground.

Comment

• VMRO
                            • Sep 2008

Knights and Preston historically been close but couple years ago was a period when Knights fans were throwing stickers over Preston (a mark of disrespect). One day we arrived at our stadium to find Knights fans had come in at night to put their stickers around the ground.
                            LoL something Greeks would do to severe ties between Croats and Macedonians
                            Verata vo Mislite, VMRO vo dushata, Makedonia vo Srceto.

Vnatreshna Makedonska Revolucionerna Organizacija.

Comment

• Apr 2014

Originally posted by VMRO View Post
                              LoL something Greeks would do to severe ties between Croats and Macedonians
                              No one from Melbourne Croatia Fans (MCF, Knights supports group) ever clarified it to Preston as far as I know. I feel personally older Macedonians still hold to the strong footballing links with the Croatian community but I do not believe that are still there as there has been little dialogue between the communities in the last decade and some pretty anti-Macedonian jargon has surfaced from fans of Croatian clubs in Australia - I know there are some Croatian football fans who support the Albanian clubs and troll Macedonians like Preston for example.

Comment

• Carlin
                                • Dec 2011

Macedonia's Euro 2020 Kits Were So Bad They Immediately Apologised And Changed Them

URL:

Macedonia's kits for the Euros were met with such negativity that the federation issued an apology and changed them back in an instance.

The country are making their debut at the European Championships this month and unveiled a new set of kits to mark the appearance at the tournament.

But the home strip, made by German brand Jako, caused a massive stir with supporters because it was predominantly burgundy and looked like something you'd expect Portugal to wear.

The nation's flag is red and yellow, hence the monumental backlash the new shirt received.

And a very swift backtrack from the Football Federation of Macedonia (FFM) followed a day later when a full apology was released and a request was made to UEFA for the Lynxes to wear their old kits at the Euros instead.

"First of all, I express my sincere regret for the negative reactions that were caused by the color of the new jersey. We are aware that the national team jersey is an honor and ambition of every football player from an early age," FFM president Muamed Sejdini said, as translated.

"The national team jersey was prepared with great joy at the request of the players. The team was looking for new national team jerseys. We wanted to meet that requirement."

"Unfortunately, the technical support regarding the color of the jersey is not in accordance with the requirements of FFM. The federation and the services in FFM take full responsibility for this choice, but will also demand responsibility from the technical partner."

"As president of the federation, I take my responsibility for possible consequences and announce that at the European Championship we will play with the current jerseys."

Igor Angelovski's side kick off their Euro 2020 campaign against Austria on 13 June and will also take on Ukraine and Netherlands in Group C.

As per DW.com, the team's kit manager Viktor Velevski has said he is preparing 250 shirts for the squad and that should see them through "all the way to the final."

Comment

Working...
                                X