• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Momce Makedonce
    • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Macedonian_Nationalist View Post
    When and where is this match ?
    Its at Lakeside Stadium, the date is not yet decided
    "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

4-0 win for the Aussies against Jordan. Not a bad performance.
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
        • Jan 2010

The Preston v South match will likely be played early next month if the previous rounds are anything to go by. All of Preston's state knockout cup games have been drawn at away grounds from what I've read...very unlucky. This is a great opportunity for Preston to show they are still capable of matching the VPL sides and are on the up and up.

Hopefully there's a healthy crowd turnout provided it isn't an only members match. Definitely a game to get down to. Haven't been to bob Jane stadium since our 2007 VPL title...been a while.

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
          Definitely SoM. Thought we had total control of the game after about 10 minutes. Iraq should be a comfortable win as well. Hasn't been an ideal 'road to Rio' so far but at this stage the main thing is to qualify.

What did people think of 'terrace Australis,' the new Socceroos active supporter group?

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Momce Makedonce View Post
            Hey Momce, you know how you were hoping to catch a Preston match while down in Melbourne for the Liverpool match? Well I had a look around and apparently those in the quarter-finals of the state knockout cup will play midweek either on the 17th of July or 24th of July. Bad news is it'll be at the same time as the Liverpool match if it's on the 24th lol. Of course Preston should be your priority though

Horrible scheduling by the FFV if true though. I hope South choose to play the game on the 17th.

Edit: The dates will be between 23rd and 31st July. I should've known better than to trust Wikipedia. I assume the FFV will take into consideration the Liverpool v Victory match.
            Last edited by EgejskaMakedonia; 06-11-2013, 08:24 AM.

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
              • Jul 2012

Originally posted by EgejskaMakedonia View Post
              Hey Momce, you know how you were hoping to catch a Preston match while down in Melbourne for the Liverpool match? Well I had a look around and apparently those in the quarter-finals of the state knockout cup will play midweek either on the 17th of July or 24th of July. Bad news is it'll be at the same time as the Liverpool match if it's on the 24th lol. Of course Preston should be your priority though

Horrible scheduling by the FFV if true though. I hope South choose to play the game on the 17th.

Edit: The dates will be between 23rd and 31st July. I should've known better than to trust Wikipedia. I assume the FFV will take into consideration the Liverpool v Victory match.
              Yeah I think they would most likely put it on the 17th. Would love to go if I can somehow. Would not be the first time I am unlucky when it comes to football. When I was in Maco in 2010 Liverpool came to vs Rabotnicki in Skopje but my dad was being a massive pain and wouldnt let me go
              "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

• Macedonian_Nationalist
                • Jul 2012

I wonder how much Maco's will go

Comment

• Phoenix
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                  I went to the game, great atmosphere and a good result.

Great to see the likes of Kruse, Oar, Rogic and Vidosic playing.

Let's hope the fickle (some might argue, useless) Sydney supporters come out for the last group game next week.

Well done to all of Melbourne's Socceroo fans...you put on another great show of support.

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
                    • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Macedonian_Nationalist View Post
                    I wonder how much Maco's will go
                    Altona Magic Supporter Group Bagabonti Melbourne will be attending as well to support Preston

Comment

• Peshoshnitsa Lerin
                      • Jun 2012

PRESTON VS SOUTH MLB! This is a must attend ! keep us updated on date time and place!

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
                        • Jul 2012

Australia going to Brazil

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
                          • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                          I went to the game, great atmosphere and a good result.

Great to see the likes of Kruse, Oar, Rogic and Vidosic playing.

Let's hope the fickle (some might argue, useless) Sydney supporters come out for the last group game next week.

Well done to all of Melbourne's Socceroo fans...you put on another great show of support.
                          80 000 people and a brilliant atmosphere!! What was it you were saying??

Comment

• Phoenix
                            • Dec 2008

80 000 people and a brilliant atmosphere!! What was it you were saying??
                            About time you useless fucks got out and supported a major sporting event...you only turn out when the games are presented on a silver platter for you...

We get 80,000 at least once every week at an AFL match in Melbourne...

Comment

• United MKD
                              • Jul 2011

Congrats Australia. Too bad we're gonna get absolutely destroyed by any half decent South American, European or African team. We're really poor atm. Need Rogic, Oar, Kruse to really lift and carry this team next year.

Comment

• Phoenix
                                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by United MKD View Post
                                ... We're really poor atm. Need Rogic, Oar, Kruse to really lift and carry this team next year.
                                The good thing is that the likes of Kruse, Oar, Rogic and Zullo have another year ahead of them in some pretty good leagues in Europe, hopefully they continue to improve and gain valuable experience.

Holman needs to play regular football in the EPL or make a move to Holland or a similar league.

Twelve months is an eternity in any sport and I fear for our central defensive pairing of Neill and Ognenovski, they're not getting any younger or faster and Spiranovic hasn't been able to step up and pressure Ognenovski for his spot.

Bresciano and Cahill, although serviceable could be found wanting on the world stage.

Our goalkeeping stocks are reasonably good but even the evergreen Schwarzer needs to be playing in a good league now that he won't be at Fulham in the new EPL season.

The next 12 months will be a mix of both excitement and dread as we hopefully watch our younger players mature and the dread of watching our mature players struggling to be relevant in the game.

Every WC campaign seems to unearth a new gem, that's what I'm looking forward to and the challenge for Osieck will be to provide the fertile conditions for the development of the next Cahill's and Kewell's and the right mix of youth and experience, not just for this campaign but a passage for the Asian Cup in 2015 and a springboard into the next WC campaign in 2018.

Osieck needs to set the foundations for the years ahead, even though he's unlikely to continue beyond the campaign in Brazil, unlike the poor succession planning of his Dutch predecessor, Verbeek.

Exciting times ahead...

Comment

Working...
                                X