X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gocka
    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
    I suspect USA will have more confirmed cases than China within the week. I doubt the Chinese statistics anyway. But when the USA becomes the highest, Tump's CHYNA virus will melt that stupid smile off his face.

This morning he is saying it will be fixed by Easter. I am astounded by the delusion.
    Everyone wants a quick solution. We are used to that in the modern western world. You order shit from Amazon and it comes the same day. Everything is instant. Well an epidemic doesn't work that way. Italy is finding out the hard way and the USA probably will too.

Trump is used to getting whatever he wants, I think he truly struggles with the concept that just because you will something, doesn't make it so. He doesn't have the mental capacity nor the maturity to be in charge of a 350 million person country in a crisis like this. It was all fun and games while the FED juiced the economy and stock markets to new highs every week. There are no good choices, no matter what you do their will be a sacrifice and people will blame you, he can't handle that because he's a coward.

Comment

• Gocka
      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Carlin15 View Post
      Italy COVID-19 death toll rises by 743 in last day. This is an increase from Monday.

At least 6,820 people have died in Italy so far.
      So much for it going down. Who knows how many old people with no families are dead in their homes.

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

Hate to be a conspiracy theorist but ....

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Several months before the coronavirus pandemic began, the Trump administration eliminated a key American public health position in Beijing intended to help detect disease outbreaks in China, Reuters has learned.
        The American disease expert, a medical epidemiologist embedded in China’s disease control agency, left her post in July, according to four sources with knowledge of the issue. The first cases of the new coronavirus may have emerged as early as November, and as cases exploded, the Trump administration in February chastised China for censoring information about the outbreak and keeping U.S. experts from entering the country to help.
        “It was heartbreaking to watch,” said Bao-Ping Zhu, a Chinese American who served in that role, which was funded by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, between 2007 and 2011. “If someone had been there, public health officials and governments across the world could have moved much faster.”

She was taken out of there last July. I mean seriously?
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Gocka
          • Dec 2012

Hate to be a conspiracy theorist but ....

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Several months before the coronavirus pandemic began, the Trump administration eliminated a key American public health position in Beijing intended to help detect disease outbreaks in China, Reuters has learned.
          The American disease expert, a medical epidemiologist embedded in China’s disease control agency, left her post in July, according to four sources with knowledge of the issue. The first cases of the new coronavirus may have emerged as early as November, and as cases exploded, the Trump administration in February chastised China for censoring information about the outbreak and keeping U.S. experts from entering the country to help.
          “It was heartbreaking to watch,” said Bao-Ping Zhu, a Chinese American who served in that role, which was funded by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, between 2007 and 2011. “If someone had been there, public health officials and governments across the world could have moved much faster.”

She was taken out of there last July. I mean seriously?
          This is Victor's wheelhouse for sure, maybe he can confirm what I'm about to say.

The trump administration has been cutting various departments in his White House since he took office. I think that article is purposely leaving out one key detail. Trump didn't just withdraw that one China based position. He cut the entire department that was responsible for epidrmic management and planning. That china based position was probably part of that whole department.

This crisis may very well cost trump reelection so its hard to imagine they made this hard on themselves on purpose. China is going to be better off health wise and economically than the USA, so it's hard to see an upside for trump.

Comment

• Carlin
            • Dec 2011

Prince Charles, 71, tests positive for coronavirus; last saw the queen on March 12

Comment

• vicsinad
              • May 2011

Originally posted by Gocka View Post
              This is Victor's wheelhouse for sure, maybe he can confirm what I'm about to say.

The trump administration has been cutting various departments in his White House since he took office. I think that article is purposely leaving out one key detail. Trump didn't just withdraw that one China based position. He cut the entire department that was responsible for epidrmic management and planning. That china based position was probably part of that whole department.

This crisis may very well cost trump reelection so its hard to imagine they made this hard on themselves on purpose. China is going to be better off health wise and economically than the USA, so it's hard to see an upside for trump.
              Gah, you throw me into this conversation.

It's Trump's America First Policy. The idea was that the US was spending too much money on helping other countries deal with their own problems in a variety of arenas. Thus, Trump's administration has been scaling back on a variety of positions. He has also been reversing a lot of Obama decisions, either for philosophical reasons or for political points with his base. That resulted in the elimination of the "Global Health Security and Biodefense" director and team positions, which would have been coordinating with countries on issues like pandemics. That was a position Obama created in his second term.

Comment

• Gocka
                • Dec 2012

Originally posted by vicsinad View Post
                Gah, you throw me into this conversation.

It's Trump's America First Policy. The idea was that the US was spending too much money on helping other countries deal with their own problems in a variety of arenas. Thus, Trump's administration has been scaling back on a variety of positions. He has also been reversing a lot of Obama decisions, either for philosophical reasons or for political points with his base. That resulted in the elimination of the "Global Health Security and Biodefense" director and team positions, which would have been coordinating with countries on issues like pandemics. That was a position Obama created in his second term.
                What are you complaining about, I was right, you did know the exact details. If you don't want to be called upon, stop knowing shit that no one else cares to remember.

Comment

• Carlin
                  • Dec 2011

1) 'That's when all hell broke loose': Coronavirus patients start to overwhelm US hospitals:
                  “We ended up getting our first positive patients – and that’s when all hell broke loose,” said one New York City doctor.

"We ended up getting our first positive patients -- and that's when all hell broke loose," said one New York City doctor. The doctor, who spoke to CNN on condition of anonymity out of concern for his job, described a hospital that was woefully unprepared for an influx of Covid-19 patients that started roughly two weeks ago -- which has already stretched the hospital's resources thin and led to severely ill patients outnumbering ventilators.

2) France recalling troops from Iraq over coronavirus:
                  Paris will remove all of its troops currently stationed in Iraq for the time being over concerns about the spread of Covid-19, the French military announced.

3) Spanish army finds elderly patients dead and abandoned in retirement homes:

Spanish soldiers have found elderly patients abandoned and dead at retirement homes. It comes as an ice rink inside a Madrid shopping centre has been turned into a temporary morgue to cope with a surge in coronavirus cases.
                  Last edited by Carlin; 03-25-2020, 05:00 PM.

Comment

• Gocka
                    • Dec 2012

Keep an eye on NYC for the next week to 10 days to see what is really in store for the USA and other densely populated European cities.

Comment

• Carlin
                      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Gocka View Post
                      Keep an eye on NYC for the next week to 10 days to see what is really in store for the USA and other densely populated European cities.
                      According to Trump we're gonna be standing shoulder to shoulder in church on Easter

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Carlin15 View Post
                        According to Trump we're gonna be standing shoulder to shoulder in church on Easter
                        And drinking wine from the same spoon because we're in communion with God and therefore safe anyway.

Everyone likes a good story.
                        Risto the Great

Comment

• Carlin
                          • Dec 2011

More than 37,000 people have tested positive for coronavirus in New York

So far, at least 37,258 people have tested positive for coronavirus across the state of New York, Gov. Andrew Cuomo said.

The novel coronavirus pandemic continues to spread worldwide, sending countries into lockdown with millions under movement restrictions.

Gov. Andrew Cuomo speaking two days ago:
                          Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D-NY) says that New York needs ventilators so desperately for the Covid-19 patients that they will test splitting a ventilator between pat...

Comment

• Carlin
                            • Dec 2011

UK prime minister Boris Johnson tests positive for coronavirus:

Boris Johnson has tested positive for coronavirus. The prime minister has mild symptoms and will self-isolate in Downing Street, but will continue to take charge of the government’s handling of the crisis.

According to the Court Circular, the Queen last saw Boris Johnson when he had his weekly audience with her on 11 March. Since then his weekly audience with her has been conducted by telephone. Buckingham Palace has so far declined to comment on whether the Queen, who will be 94 next month, has been tested for Covid-19. Prince Charles, who last saw his mother in person on 12 March, was tested on Monday and found to have coronavirus.
                            Last edited by Carlin; 03-27-2020, 07:12 AM.

Comment

• tchaiku
                              • Nov 2016

US has more known cases of coronavirus than any other country

Comment

• Risto the Great
                                • Sep 2008

I suspect USA will have more confirmed cases than China within the week. I doubt the Chinese statistics anyway. But when the USA becomes the highest, Tump's CHYNA virus will melt that stupid smile off his face.

This morning he is saying it will be fixed by Easter. I am astounded by the delusion.
                                I said within the week, but I was thinking maybe 5 or 6 days .... not 2 days. But there you go. USA is NUMBER 1, Perhaps Trump can put some spin on it.

Daily and weekly updated statistics tracking the number of COVID-19 cases, recovered, and deaths. Historical data with cumulative charts, graphs, and updates.

(Not that I believe China's statistics anyway)
                                Risto the Great

Comment

Working...
                                X