Macedoniaontheweb does not allow me to respond to defamatory comments.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spartan
    • Sep 2008

SoM

I really doubt that this Akritas' name is Panayiotis Tsoukalas.

Takis(short for Panayiotis) Tsoukalas is one of the top guys in one of Greeces big soccer teams organised fan clubs. When I read the name I almost died of laughter as I watch this guys program.
    Now I guess its possible that this Akritas may have the same name, but I find it highly unlikely, sounds like a joke to me.

Anyways here is a picture from this tsoukalas -

I doubt that this is Akritas is my point, lol

I was going to put a short vid too, but I cant seem to imbed the youtube, is there a special way of doing it?
    Last edited by Spartan; 09-24-2009, 06:55 PM.

Comment

• Daskalot
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Spartan View Post
      SoM

I really doubt that this Akritas' name is Panayiotis Tsoukalas.

Takis(short for Panayiotis) Tsoukalas is one of the top guys in one of Greeces big soccer teams organised fan clubs. When I read the name I almost died of laughter as I watch this guys program.
      Now I guess its possible that this Akritas may have the same name, but I find it highly unlikely, sounds like a joke to me.

Anyways here is a picture from this tsoukalas -

I doubt that this is Akritas is my point, lol

I was going to put a short vid too, but I cant seem to imbed the youtube, is there a special way of doing it?
      just post the youtube link in your reply it should sort itself.
      Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Spartan
        • Sep 2008

Thanks Dsklt, but Im gone from that web page now, no big deal.
        Ill know for next time

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

Spartan, lol......like I said man, he is the one who named himself long ago, I just sort of Macedonianized the name for a joke, and the jokers at motw reckon I "exposed" Akritas, hahaha, you know what mate, it probably is him in the picture, lol.
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Bratot
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
            I hope to have this matter resolved shortly.
            I would be definatelly not satisfied if he gets out of this without any real pay-off.

Take legal action against him.

Nema milosrdie, neka im stane jasno deka nema zakachanje so nas. Se dodeka ne gi udrime po dzebot ili ne snosat nikakvi konsekvencii nema da ja naucat lekcijata.
            The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

I have set up a poll on their forum to gauge the sentiment of the forum participants.
              PHP Code:
              http://www.macedoniaontheweb.com/forum/free-speech-macedonia-forum/10643-appropriate-me-reveal-personal-information-about-kallinikos.html 
              Kallinikos went through the painstaking work of revealing personal identities of various Macedonians (myself included). Rather than simply repeating personal information, which is quite despicable given the nature of this forum, he chose to add intentionally insulting and inappropriate names such as Sopian scumbag etc. to references in relation to me.

With little effort, I have uncovered an abundance of personal information about Kallinikos. I have advised him personally via his private email address that this is unacceptable to me and that it is my desire to have any references to me and other Macedonians of a personal nature removed from this website. His response is that he lives in Greece and I must have the wrong person in mind. Having the opportunity to mitigate the damages caused to me and others, he chooses to shrink behind his keyboard and suggest that he lives in Greece. Here I am with my professional integrity on the line and he chooses to shrink to childlike white lies.

Some members of this forum told me that this process of exposing people is "fair game" if the information is on the internet. I still feel very uncomfortable about it because in my mind, it is the lowest form of representing oneself that I have ever witnessed.

Notwithstanding this, I am still quite angry about this and can't seem to let go very easily. My sense of justice makes me want to ensure this person suffers in a similar fashion as I have.

Is it appropriate for me to do the same thing in return for Kallinikos? I ask your opinion as I have given him a deadline. I would like to measure the sentiment on this forum by setting up a poll. Please place your vote.

Your faithfully
              Risto the Great
              Risto the Great
              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Rogi
                • Sep 2008

I am not expecting them to remove/hide the 'exposed' threads created by Kallinikos.

I think the rest of the forum members do not want to appear like they are 'retreating' or accept any wrong-doing on their part for allowing this in their forum. It is childish, but they do not see it.

So, it seems they will allow Kallinikos to be their sacrificial lamb and face the consequences of his actions, on his own.

My lawyers are sending a letter to his home address s they iron out my case, but they insist that the website owners are also held accountable.

I did find it interesting one person's comment on that forum that we would have a cease and desist letter sent out, and hope it works. It seems they condone breaking the law, and expect us not to proceed with legal action against them.

I would have though there would be some members of the forum who could consider the impact of this and realise the position it has put me in - they should realise that legally pursuing (all the way) this matter is a necessity, because their actions could cost me far more than any defamation case could.

And by pursuing this matter legally, their personal details are bound to become quite public, whether RtG posts them or not.

Of course, it is a simple option for them to avoid complicating their own lives with unnecessary legal problems, by removing the threads, or removing the defamatory comments, or moving the threads into their private sections of their forum.

If the guy is keen to send our personal details to EYP (who I am sure already have our details), then he can do so be emailing EYP, not in this manner.
                Last edited by Rogi; 09-25-2009, 01:37 AM.

Comment

• Jankovska
                  • Sep 2008

Exactly. I don't believe they will remove it either, that means addmiting they were wrong. I agree with Roqi's lawyers that the website owners are responsible and should be made to face the music. I am doing a little research at the moment but I want to see that website shut down. If they don't know how to use it, they should not be using it at all.
                  I will keep you all updated but apart from taking action against Kalinikos I think we should do all in our power to have the web shut down.
                  Last edited by Jankovska; 09-25-2009, 03:38 AM.

Comment

• Bratot
                    • Sep 2008

Our priority shouldn't be closing their website because the same ppl will go on another or will open the same shit and doing the same pitiful things like now.

I call on legal solution against these few individuals!
                    The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

The administrator of the their website advised me I have no legal recourse against the website due to the disclaimer that every member agrees to when they join that forum. I advised him that I am not happy with a thread that defames me and I want it removed. That his failure to act on this matter after me expressing my desire for its removal will implicate the forum as well.

This is quite straight forward law and they are violating it right now.
                      Risto the Great

Comment

• George S.
                        • Aug 2009

that guy in the picture Akritas? looks like he is going to bite someones head off.He looks mean & nasty & unfed.
                        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Jankovska
                          • Sep 2008

What have we signed when registering? Privacy law is very interesting indeed and we do have a case. It's not even relevent if they have just copied information and published, the administrator has a duty to protect members and their privacy and not allow any personal information to be published which will spark racist outburst towards certain individuals. This is basic privacy law anywhere in the world. As for the forum I think it should be shut down straight away. Why should we let these people publish our details and still have that site? We should not. As for the legal action, that;s more personal.
                          Last edited by Jankovska; 09-25-2009, 05:54 AM.

Comment

• Jankovska
                            • Sep 2008

I think we should not visit their forum anymore. We asked for our personal information to be removed and it still hasn't. Now we should proceed and do what we must do. invading someone privacy and publishing it to intimidate is a very serious offence and it is seen as such in most countries in the world. We may have spoken against their country and politics their country leads etc but we did not invade anyone's privacy and haven't forwarded anyone's details anywhere (yet). So I say let's get down to business because I want someone to pay for publishing my private details and I want that forum shut down. Are you game guys?

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

I am positive they have seen the error of their ways Jankovska and that all will be resolve shortly.

In about 24 hours time I will make my final decision about Kallinikos and it will either be an equal and opposite response or else just legal documents served. He can defend himself either way.
                              Risto the Great

Comment

• Jankovska
                                • Sep 2008

We are being too soft with these guys. Risto you know I love you and I know you are a very nice and understanding person but please let's give these babies something to cry about. We Macedonians are way to nice to these people.

Comment

Working...
                                X