Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Delodephius
    • Sep 2008

Whichever it is, it was not the native language of the Ancient Macedonians who spoke what we today refer to as a Slavonic dialect.
    अयं निज: परो वेति गणना लघुचेतसाम्।
    उदारमनसानां तु वसुधैव कुटुंबकम्॥
    This is mine or (somebody) else’s (is the way) narrow minded people count.
    But for broad minded people, (whole) earth is (like their) family.

Comment

• TerraNova
      Banned
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Slovak/Anomaly/Tomas View Post
      Whichever it is, it was not the native language of the Ancient Macedonians who spoke what we today refer to as a Slavonic dialect.
      (According to some extreme nationalist,amateur linguists on the internet.)

Comment

• Delodephius
        • Sep 2008

You calling me a nationalist, arshole?!

Comment

• TerraNova
          Banned
          • Nov 2008

You calling me a nationalist, arshole?!
          I called so these nationalistic asshole-theories.

You choose your camp-Science or pseudo-science.

Comment

• Delodephius
            • Sep 2008

I chose science. You?

YouTube - SPARTANS !!! WHAT IS YOUR PROFESSION ? -spartans' profession

Comment

• Sarafot
              • Dec 2008

SLovak,you know when falanga went in to assult, the comander was calling ''HU'' and then phalangs say ''HA'',in Macedonian ORO and other dances today dancers steel say HU-HA,in Teskoto oro,and much others man dances....what do you think?
              Ние македонците не сме ни срби, ни бугари, туку просто Македонци. Ние ги симпатизираме и едните и другите, кој ќе не ослободи, нему ќе му речеме благодарам, но србите и бугарите нека не забораваат дека Македонија е само за Македонците.
              - Борис Сарафов, 2 септември 1902

Comment

• Delodephius
                • Sep 2008

I think you're a buttwhipe, that's what I think.

Comment

• Sarafot
                  • Dec 2008

Turam go na majkati!
                  Ние македонците не сме ни срби, ни бугари, туку просто Македонци. Ние ги симпатизираме и едните и другите, кој ќе не ослободи, нему ќе му речеме благодарам, но србите и бугарите нека не забораваат дека Македонија е само за Македонците.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

Slovak and Sarafot, I think you guys would make good friends on the outside (world), keep the peace brothers
                    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Demos
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2008

The ancient Macedonians did not speak Slavic and the language did not exist. Slavs came to the Balkans in the 5th-6th century AD. There is no historical or linguistic archive which shows any forms of Slavic prior to this. Of course if you have proof of the existence of Slavic in the Balkans prior to 500-600AD feel free to enlighten us.

Comment

• Sarafot
                        • Dec 2008

Hey Demos did you know that Bakojanis is sinonim for BRKAVA JANA!!!
                        Postoime od sekogaš i za sekogaš.

Any way SoM,we have talk about Sloveni in one thread,the Macedonians were called Sclavini,wasnt that before they were cristianised,then they become Sloveni? I was thinking i forgot the dates,what do you say?
                        Last edited by Sarafot; 01-04-2009, 07:48 AM.

Comment

• Delodephius
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Demos View Post
                          The ancient Macedonians did not speak Slavic and the language did not exist. Slavs came to the Balkans in the 5th-6th century AD. There is no historical or linguistic archive which shows any forms of Slavic prior to this. Of course if you have proof of the existence of Slavic in the Balkans prior to 500-600AD feel free to enlighten us.
                          I have proof (or whichever else layman term you want to call it) that the Slavic migration of the 6-7th(!) century never took place and that Slavic speakers did live and were the majority south of the Danube since prehistoric times, or whatever time. The term Slavic is of recent history and it wasn't used in the same sense as today until the 10-11th century AD.
                          Understand that I know of almost every written source from the period of the alleged migration and what is written in them and I do know that neither one of them speak about a migration or any other form of settling of Slavs in the Balkans. Now, if you want to talk about moderate size raids and military campaigns, that is another story.

Comment

• Demos
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2008

I have proof (or whichever else layman term you want to call it) that the Slavic migration of the 6-7th(!) century never took place and that Slavic speakers did live and were the majority south of the Danube since prehistoric times, or whatever time. The term Slavic is of recent history and it wasn't used in the same sense as today until the 10-11th century AD.
                            Understand that I know of almost every written source from the period of the alleged migration and what is written in them and I do know that neither one of them speak about a migration or any other form of settling of Slavs in the Balkans. Now, if you want to talk about moderate size raids and military campaigns, that is another story.
                            Slovak,

If that is the case please post some Slavic documents dating prior to 500AD.

Thanks

Comment

• Delodephius
                              • Sep 2008

Tell me, what do you know of methodology in historical studies?

Comment

• Risto the Great
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Demos View Post
                                Slovak,

If that is the case please post some Slavic documents dating prior to 500AD.

Thanks
                                Not quite the same thing. But can you dig up some Hungarian documents from the same era for me? I just want to compare notes and see if they deserve to live in that neck of the Danube.
                                Risto the Great
                                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

Working...
                                X