• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Royal Hellas
    Banned
    • Sep 2008

Hypothetical

If Greece was to change to a communist country, would this have a positive or negative effect on the region?
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

No difference whatsoever.
    Even if it gets another German King ... it would make no difference.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Royal Hellas
      Banned
      • Sep 2008

Kings cannot be communists.

Comment

• makedonin
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Royal Hellas View Post
        Kings cannot be communists.
        like the Balkan revolve around Greece.

who cares about your back yard country anyways
        To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• Coolski
          • Sep 2008

Here's what I think.

Had Greece become a communist country, they would have granted minority rights to ethnic Macedonians, and today's Greece would be a transitional democracy, but human rights will be respected.

Instead, Greece went down the path of fascist dictatorships, then turned into a perverted version of a democracy, where strong elements of fascism remained for anyone that was part of the many ethnic minorities.

If Greece were to become communist now, i'm sure the most common response would be. "Um, you're 50 years late, even Russia would laugh".

The most sustainable outcome for Greece is to recognise that it is a multiethnic democracy and drop the charade. It won't last for much longer.
          - Секој чоек и нација има можност да успеат колку шо си дозволуваат. Нема изговор.
          - Every human and nation has the ability to be as great or as weak as they allow themselves to be. No excuses.

Comment

• Bratot
            • Sep 2008

If Greece was to change to a communist country, would this have a positive or negative effect on the region?
            Interesting, depends.. what you mean.. "on the region". Because every each country would have some interest if that happened, it might be negative or positive.
            In my personal opinion, it would be perfect occurrence for our Macedonian interest.

It will sure have a pretty huge impact not only on the region, but as well on European interest and much much widely.

First, you would lose you western allies, would get kicked off NATO.. EU..
            which means.. you would lost the strongest mechanism that you successfully use against us, the right on VETO.

Second, your economy would suffer most... after the cuttin off all of the EU funds and programs for developing the country.

Probably..yould have to wait for VISA in order to travel into EU

Hmmm..what else..

On the other hand, we would become country of highest interest for NATO and EU, as strategical point in the region, which means... support,money,strong army.

And the position of our two countries would have been drastically changed.

Something for which Russia for ex. wouldn't be able to use you anymore as their TROJAN HORSE in NATO and EU.

So... if you would be that kind to do such thing for us, I will be grateful forever
            Last edited by Bratot; 09-24-2008, 07:34 PM.
            The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Royal Hellas
              Banned
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Coolski View Post
              Here's what I think.

Had Greece become a communist country, they would have granted minority rights to ethnic Macedonians, and today's Greece would be a transitional democracy, but human rights will be respected.

Instead, Greece went down the path of fascist dictatorships, then turned into a perverted version of a democracy, where strong elements of fascism remained for anyone that was part of the many ethnic minorities.

If Greece were to become communist now, i'm sure the most common response would be. "Um, you're 50 years late, even Russia would laugh".

The most sustainable outcome for Greece is to recognise that it is a multiethnic democracy and drop the charade. It won't last for much longer.
              Coolski, have you ever been to Greece?

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

Coolski, have you ever been to Greece?
                I have, often.
                Coolski is correct.
                Risto the Great
                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com