Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

The best historian in Greece would not say otherwise would he?
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Traveller
      Banned
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
      The best historian in Greece would not say otherwise would he?
      It is about truth. It proves that this blsit we say about "the ancient greeks that lived there for 2000 years" blah blah is not true. The truth is that they were islamized and the Greeks that were massacred by the turks were brought from the islands.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
        • Sep 2008

In fact they were forced to migrate to Asia Minor because the Ottomans didnt have merchants and people who had to do with the sea. They were Greeks from the Aegean islands and they migrated by force on 15 and 16th century. Not many people (except the historians) know that , even in Greece.
        Come on now, there may be some truth to this, but most of the Christians from Asia did not speak Greek natively, you're clutching at straws here.

Spyros Vrionis "The decline of medieval Hellenism in asia Minor and the process of Islamization from the eleventh through fifteenth century"
        Medieval "Hellenism"? You mean devil-worshipping during the middle ages? There was no such thing as "Hellenism", you are not referring to some deluded 3 or 4 Platoists are you?

Please, you are free to prove me otherwise, because I find the reference to "Hellenism" in the Medieval period in the context of continuity for the modern Greek an open joke.
        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Traveller
          Banned
          • Sep 2008

I am interested in politics, i get bored in history (even though due to my age i have seen enough during the Yugoslav era)

Comment

• Bratot
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
            Spare us, don't toe that pathetic line here. The lion's share of your 2.5 million Greek citizens on occupied Macedonian land are largely imports from Asia Minor. These people are not Macedonians. They are Christians from Asia who now live within Greek territory on occupied Macedonian soil.

They are mere geographic "Macedonians" in a very narrow sense - And that's where it ends. Their history is in Asia, today's Turkey. There is no denying this. 85 years ago these people never even sniffed European dirt, get your head out of your ass mate.
            As the Bishop of Florina (Lerin) Augostinos Kandiotis once said:

"If the hundreds of thousands of refugees had not come to Greece, Greek Macedonia would not exist today."
            The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

Working...
            X