Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MapleLeaf1
    • Sep 2008

Vanco/Biz/Ed, he cant be Turkish, or can he?

http://www.islamicfinder.org/prayerP...display=&lang=

Comment

• El Bre
      • Sep 2008

I don't know MPLF1, but the diversity of Macedonia is what is so appealing to me. I recently read a book where the author is of the opinion that my village was founded by Armenian Catholics. Even though this goes against conventional village lore, I embraced the possibility because it adds to the rich tapestry that is Macedonia.

Who knows what that place could have been if it was allowed to develop naturally, without outside interference.
      Last edited by El Bre; 09-08-2008, 12:16 PM.

Comment

• MapleLeaf1
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by El Bre View Post
        I don't know MPLF1, but the diversity of Macedonia is what is so appealing to me. I recently read a book where the author is of the opinion that my village was founded by Armenian Catholics. Even though this goes against conventional village lore, I embraced the possibility because it adds to the rich tapestry that is Macedonia.

Who knows what that place could have been if it was allowed to develop naturally, without outside interference.
        True, very true

Comment

• osiris
          • Sep 2008

there are in fact 2 villages in macedonia with armenia as the root word in their name.

i agree with you el bre diversity is infinetly more interesting and creative than the fake purity of hellas where every one longs for an ancient hellenic roots in their family background.
          i have a cousin whose son calls himself a spartan because he thinks its cool, especailly after watching the comic book version of the 300 spartans. his father is pure macedonian from the republic his mums father is a half prosfiga half macedonian from kostursko his mums mother is an egeika from lerinsko.

but he is a pure spartan with a ski on the end of is pure greek name.

Comment

• pelagonia
            • Sep 2008

What a bunch of fuking idiots.
            ''The figures of SS. Kiril and Metodi, and St. Clement and St. Naum of Ohrid are shining examples to the sons of Macedonia, whom a glorious future awaits on the day that Macedonia, united and free, takes her place as a member with equal rights of the family of the Balkan peoples." Krste Petkov Misirkov, 1913.

Comment

• Mikail
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Svoliani View Post
              Poor Skapan, using the quote from the Vlach from USA. I just returned from Aegean Macedonia and from Ierissos all the way to the Epirus border i couldnt find one Ethnic Macedonian. When i asked where i can find Slavophones i got the same response ' near Florina' . I visited Vergina or Kutlesh and saw the tombs and the writing on them. Highly recommend you visit.

Bre is of Turkish origin by the way
              Man you sure have some issues. You were in Greek occupied Macedonia and couldn't find one Ethnic Macedonian?? You must be a Lavouta then kirie, as our people don't let your type know who they are.

Next time you go there, try this approach. Be civilised. Behave respectfully, and show the people you are a part of the human race.

Maybe, just maybe you might then find someone willing to talk to you.
              From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"

Comment

Working...
              X