Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Is being Greek an art of persuasion? Or are you not happy that he doesn't follow the zombie-like principles 99% of the rest of you follow?
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Spartan
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Traveller View Post
      The people "down there" are about 30,000 who vote for Karamanlis and the king (in the past decades) about 60%. Something is wrong with you, you are not very persuasive in being Greek...
      I was born in Sparti, and wen my time comes , will die there as well.
      My "Greekness" is not something I need to prove to you. Why would I try to persuade anyone of this, let alone you? I am very comfortable with my ethnicity, and dont feel the need to "show off" my "Greekness". Greek is what I am, file mou, not what Im trying to be. So save the over-nationalistic crap for the "insecure" ones.

I know how my people vote, and who they support, thanks for the info though.
      And yes, the majority of us are loyal to the king, what that has to do with anything though, I dont know .
      Last edited by Spartan; 09-11-2008, 10:45 AM.

Comment

• Spartan
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
        Thanks for the response.
        It may not be legitimate, I don't know.
        But the actions are very real and I was wondering how you felt about them. I figured since you were here on a Macedonian forum that you might have something to say about this.
        If what this document says is in fact true, these are horrible things, that unfortunately, IMO, happened alot in the Balkans, in those times.
        It doesnt make it any better that other governments did this as well, but it is an unfortunate reality of those times.
        You see, it was very risky for Greece, to have anti-Greek sentiment near their northern borders, especially with the threat of annexation of their northern Provinces by the former Yugoslav republic.
        Last edited by Spartan; 09-11-2008, 12:17 PM.

Comment

• Traveller
          Banned
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
          Is being Greek an art of persuasion? Or are you not happy that he doesn't follow the zombie-like principles 99% of the rest of you follow?
          He has 1% of being Greek, exactly. In fact it is about 3 %. 97 % of the Greeks are united as far as it concerns Macedonia according to the polls.

Comment

• Spartan
            • Sep 2008

He has 1% of being Greek, exactly. In fact it is about 3 %. 97 % of the Greeks are united as far as it concerns Macedonia according to the polls.
            And how do you know my stance on the "Macedonia" issue?
            Im just talking about 1 document here.
            And, hypothetically speaking, if I do disagree with one of our countries political policies, explain to me how this changes my ethnicity?

Comment

• osiris
              • Sep 2008

My "Greekness" is not something I need to prove to you. Why would I try to persuade anyone of this, let alone you? I am very comfortable with my ethnicity, and dont feel the need to "show off" my "Greekness". Greek is what I am, file mou, not what Im trying to be. So save the over-nationalistic crap for the "insecure" ones
              bravo very well put, thats exactly how i feel about my self as a macedonian, and let me add the only reason we attack and question the greek identity is to point out that the pot cannot call the kettle bblack and expect no reaction.

i am happy and willing to accept the greek identity without any reservations and preconditions, its someones human right to self identify, i wish greeks and in particular its intelligentsia and government would afford me the same rights.

i think that left alone most greeks would not have had a problem with macedonia or macedonians. however given the pressure and bullshit they have been subjected to abuot macedonia their perspective is understandable, and for that it is the greek intelligentsia and successive governments who are too blame.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Spartan View Post
                If what this document says is in fact true, these are horrible things, that unfortunately, IMO, happened alot in the Balkans, in those times.
                It doesnt make it any better that other governments did this as well, but it is an unfortunate reality of those times.
                You see, it was very risky for Greece, to have anti-Greek sentiment near their northern borders, especially with the threat of annexation of their northern Provinces by the former Yugoslav republic.
                Spartan, I am assuming that by the terminology of your last line you were referring to Yugoslavia as a whole rather than my Macedonian Republic given that this document is from Yugoslav times, right?
                In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Traveller
                  Banned
                  • Sep 2008

Spartan, I am assuming that by the terminology of your last line you were referring to Yugoslavia as a whole rather than my Macedonian Republic given that this document is from Yugoslav times, right?
                  Professor of history in Thessaloniki's university Mr Spiridon Sfettas is digging Yugoslavia's archives. He wrought a book (among others) for the near war crisis between Yu and Greece in early 60's. From what Yu archives say Tito was saying to Kolisevski "go on and make things difficult for Greece as it concerns the macedonian problem" and at the same time he was telling our goverment "dont listen to Kolisevski, he makes things on his own etc.". What happened then is an interesting story but it will take long. The most amusing is that Greece, Turkey and Yugoslavia had formed an ...alliance but it melted very soon.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

Spiridon was probably looking for evidence to negate the existence of my people while digging through the Yugoslav archives. What is the purpose of his search, to prove that the Macedonians in the republic were agitators?

Traveller, I don't believe you have written on the following thread.
                    This is for new members that have ill-intentions on this website and forum, if you do not fall in this category, feel free to disregard this thread. We are Macedonians, ethnically, nationally, culturally and linguistically. We respect all of your nationalities. It is clear racists are unable to return this gesture of

I would like to see an answer from you in relation to the first post on the thread (for the sake of determining in you are capable of decency and respect), thanks in advance.

PS: Don't make us wait too long for an answer, I don't mean to pick on you, but nobody wants open racists against Macedonians here.

Comment

• Spartan
                      • Sep 2008

Your assumption is 100% correct.
                      I was simply referring to the old Yugoslavia.
                      I know the rules my friend

Anyways ,back to the topic.
                      After reading the document again, something stuck out to me.
                      In the first line the document refers to the Macedonians as "_kopjiani"(Im scared to even write out the word, Im sorry).
                      The reason this looks odd to me, is that I dont recall the Greeks using the "S" word until the early 90's.
                      Definetely not in 82.
                      Dont know if thats a "big deal" regarding the documents legitimicy, but thought Id point it out.
                      Last edited by Spartan; 09-13-2008, 07:45 AM.

Comment

• Traveller
                        Banned
                        • Sep 2008

Spiridon was probably looking for evidence to negate the existence of my people while digging through the Yugoslav archives. What is the purpose of his search, to prove that the Macedonians in the republic were agitators?

Traveller, I don't believe you have written on the following thread.
                        This is for new members that have ill-intentions on this website and forum, if you do not fall in this category, feel free to disregard this thread. We are Macedonians, ethnically, nationally, culturally and linguistically. We respect all of your nationalities. It is clear racists are unable to return this gesture of

I would like to see an answer from you in relation to the first post on the thread (for the sake of determining in you are capable of decency and respect), thanks in advance.

PS: Don't make us wait too long for an answer, I don't mean to pick on you, but nobody wants open racists against Macedonians here.
                        I dont understand you, i didnt participate in that thread.

Comment

• makedonin
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Spartan View Post
                          The reason this looks odd to me, is that I dont recall the Greeks using the "S" word until the early 90's.
                          The Confederate State of Skopje and Its Language
                          By Nikolaos P. Andriōtēs
                          The Confederate State of Skopje and Its Language
                          By Nikolaos P. Andriōtēs
                          Published by [s.n.], 1957
                          60 pages

see, nothing new
                          To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• Giorikas
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Pelister View Post
                            The provenance of the document has been checked, through its author, and is not in dispute.

It's content is not in dispute.

I understand some New Greeks on this forum have problems with the "translation" of the document. There may well be a few words that could be replaced by something more appropriate, but I don't think that is going to change the document in any significant way.

It's message reamins the same i.e., the extermination of the Macedonian people.
                            I dispute it. If this document is considered valid then we could have a few nice laughs here. If any New Macedonians want to prove differently, then I will be looking forward to the evidence.

Comment

• Traveller
                              Banned
                              • Sep 2008

I dont understand you, i didnt participate in that thread.
                              I wait for the results of the negotiations. I'm sceptical about the results because my fellow Greeks dont remember that even people from the 3 kingdoms of outer Macedonia were considered Macedonians by Filippos.

Comment

• Daskalot
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Giorikas View Post
                                I dispute it. If this document is considered valid then we could have a few nice laughs here. If any New Macedonians want to prove differently, then I will be looking forward to the evidence.
                                This is your first(1) and only warning Giorikas, one more time I see you refer to my people as New or something of the like you will be banned, you cannot be considered as new when you have been living in Macedonia for at least 1500 years if not always......
                                Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

Working...
                                X