Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Giorikas
    • Sep 2008

I understand what you're saying. I said I followed the rules and that doesn't sound like I am very convinced about the things I call you but if you feel better about it I'll try not repeat that again. And yes I understand that that doesn't earn me much points in the popularity contest here, but hey, at least you know where I stand.

I can confirm you 100% that I am not Sportster. You'll have to take my word on that, I do not know him or had any correspondance with him, with anyone who frequents these boards actually. I liked reading his posts because he is someone who can not be classified so easily and he doesn't seem to give a shit about whatever anybody thinks about him.

As far as the mutual respect thing, you might find me a pain in the ass but but I try to treat everyone that treats me decently, decently back. Especially those who disagree strongly but are straight with me without dodging. I will disagree with them each and every time if needed though, those things are unrelated.

Another thing about that respect thing: I maintain that if you do not want Greeks to call you whatever they call you, and if you find it disrespectful etc, than you should not do the same back. If I could call you here whatever I wanted regardless of the consequences I would not call you the typical stuff like slavo-gypsies etc. You don't know that (what I would call you if I could), but again you'll have to take my word for that.
    I would consider it uncivilized and uncalled for. I mentioned it before, either you all take the moral highground and you stick with it, or you are no better and those who want to keep calling us Tourkovlachs bla bla.
    Don't think now before a lot of members get confused, that I am trying to win a popularity contest, it's a rational choice of how I want to behave. You make your choice.

Giorikas

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

I have made my choice, I have called you nothing but Greek here.

I have said my part. Get on with it.
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Giorikas
        • Sep 2008

Even if I addressed you, I meant it in general, but thanks anyway, you never called me anything else and I appreciate it.

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Giorikas View Post
          I am convinced that there are probably millions of people who call themselves Macedonians. The evidence is right in front of me, but that does not convince me that they actually are. Is that so difficult to understand? There are Greeks who believe in the Olympic gods but that does not convince me that they exist.
          Apart from that, I am 100% sure that these people do not descend from ancient Macedonians. I find it also unlikely to believe that Macedonians stuck around for years after their empire went into decline, stayed pure of mind, race and blood, waiting to be merged with a Slav speaking new population, when then stayed again free until now of all non Macedonian blood. See, I'll be good and not call you even partially Slav.
          Can you please, and this is a serious question, tell me what your interpretation is of your link with ancient Macedonians. (No disrespect intended)I read different versions and there seems to be no consensus between Macedonians themselves. As I mentioned earlier, there seems to be more consensus on anything else but Macedonians, mostly Greeks. Honestly, I think you are all developing a bit of an obsession here. We'll get to that maybe in another thread sometimes.

Ah the syndrome; please help me over this syndrome doctor. Why don't we just start by reading how you back up your claims. That would make a good start and make you more credible.
          G, if 3 people say they are Macedonians, your potential to question their identity is valid. If millions do this, like you say, and like they do ... you really cannot question their right to do this.

You place this in the same category as people who still believe in the Olympic Gods. Surely you can see the difference. That statement is very demeaning to me. There are some people who believe in Jesus Christ, you might not be convinced. But aside from a little book and a widespread faith, many are yet to see Jesus in their daily activities. In complete contrast to this, Macedonians can be seen every day. A very low statement from you G.

I am not sure that modern Greeks descend from Ancient Hellenes. Just because the modern Greeks call themselves Hellenes and had the support from the Hellenophiles of the 19th century, does not mean they are entitled to wear the badge without acknowledging the 2000 years between now and then.

In complete contrast to the "Greek myth", the Macedonians are not in complete denial of the last 2000 years. Clearly the Slavic language is present in Macedonia. How it got there is subject to much debate. What a shame nobody knows what the ancient Macedonian language was. Whatever the answer is, it does not bother me because I have (as you agreed with) millions of people that support my claim for a Macedonian identity. Furthermore, when "Stavros from Florina" finds the missing manuscript underneath a fossilised goat that proves the ancient Macedonian language was in fact modern Greek, I would be equally convinced that my people who call themselves Macedonian are still the rightful heirs to the name as they are what became of the people that were in the region.

Now I know you would be more inclined to accept the argument of the imported Christians from Turkey and their claim to being called Macedonian. But surely you can see the humour in that if you remove your Hellenic coloured glasses!
          Risto the Great
          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

Working...
          X