X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Delodephius
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Demos View Post
    Yet, you "natives" can show me one document written in Macedonian before 600AD!
    I'll repeat myself again:

The absence of evidence is not the same thing as evidence of absence!

Learn your science of history first.
    अयं निज: परो वेति गणना लघुचेतसाम्।
    उदारमनसानां तु वसुधैव कुटुंबकम्॥
    This is mine or (somebody) else’s (is the way) narrow minded people count.
    But for broad minded people, (whole) earth is (like their) family.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Slovak/Anomaly/Tomas View Post
      I'll repeat myself again:

The absence of evidence is not the same thing as evidence of absence!

Learn your science of history first.

You're asking him to do alot now Tomas
      Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• Pelister
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Demos View Post
        And there was already a Greece before 800BC. Our Olympics began in prior to 700BC.

Yet, you "natives" can show me one document written in Macedonian before 600AD!
        Here are a small number of artefacts of the Modern Macedonian language from 2000 B.C. and 1,500 B.C.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
          • Jan 2009

More MTO readers making videos of material off of this forum.

YouTube - GREECE SPOILED CHILD OF EUROPE 1

SunfromGovrlevo may I recommend you re-do this video and make the images a bit bigger so the words are more readble. Other than that nice job.

Comment

• Pelister
            • Sep 2008

T.M - this is great.

He raises some valid questions about "Greek claims".

Comment

• George S.
              • Aug 2009

THe sooner that people accept that greece beleives its own lies.

Geece is in total denial of reality when it says that it has a historical link to the past.It is a total absurdity of the truth & is utter fabrication to say
              just because someone speaks their language.Also why is it written in many places that the greeks never understood the macedonian language.They regarded the language as foreign to them.If Greece & macedonia were the same people then why were they fighting each other.
              If greece says that macedonian is greek then why did it try to destroy macedonia inscriptions & place names.THey know full well that they are practising the megali idea is to preserve & expand hellenism to do that it has committed genoside & serious attrocities on macedonia.
              Greece in the name of hellenism & nationalistic ideals have created A Fake
              Aura of a so called greek people who are mainly Vlachs,Albanians,Slavs,Turks.Most of the greece's presidents were from Albanian origin.
              A Fake country such as Greece will do anything lie,cheat,steal,kill,etc to maintain it's existence,don't forget it has bribed history professors to rewrite history their way.It has spent countless millions to do it & it has a lot of resources at it's disposal.We need to be careful,
              George S.
              "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

We don't need to be too careful George.
                We just need to never capitulate and to be proud of our very rich and unbroken history as Macedonians.
                Risto the Great
                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Pelister
                  • Sep 2008

This is a remarkable piece of writing.

What is really interesting is that he is opposed to the New Greeks annexing new territory. He states his reasons why he believes they do not deserve to have any more territory. He argues one, that they can barely govern themselves, let alone anyone esle, and two, the people outside 1870 Greece do not want to be governed by New Greeks, and three, they have no historical claim to these lands. He is most concerned about 'the other race' outside Greece.

He mentions the "phil-hellenes" a number of times, particularly a group of them at the Berlin conference pushing for more territory for the New Greeks.

He writes:
                  it is the loud declaration by the phil-hellenes that the very largest interpretation of the advice of the Congress will not satisfy them, which stand still more in the way of a lasting or even a termporary peace".(p.95)
                  There is obviously a call in Europe (among phil-hellenes) for Greece to annex new territories.

The land that Greece could annex is less that "what France is supposed to have recommended at the Conference". Clearly there are discussions going on in Europe at the highest levels about how much land Greece should have, and where.

The author writes
                  what is Greece to suppose but that she has only to foment insurrection, and find a ready-made approval in Western Europe?(p.951)
                  Doesn't this say that Europe is behind the expansion of Greece, and its annexation of foriegn territories ?

I don't know why, but I am astounded every time to discover that there were discussions and debates about the efficacy of the claims of New Greeks in 1870 to "Any" land in the region.

His finishes by saying that the Greeks
                  live in a sham past (p.952)

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                    • Jan 2009

This was a good ol' post that should not be forgotten.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                      • Sep 2008

Indeed, the pages that TM has posted at the beginning of this thread are a must read for anybody that wishes to familiarise themselves with the situation in the Balkans in the second half of the 19th century.
                      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• tchaiku
                        • Nov 2016

Bump .....

Comment

• Amphipolis
                          Banned
                          • Aug 2014

Well, I understand his/your sorrow. This is what it's all about. How the Congress & Treaty of Berlin altered the preliminary Russian-Ottoman agreement (Treaty of San-Stefano). Thessaly was also gained by Greece a couple of years later.

The author is a British politician and Minister of Economics, though I don't know anything about his ideas, position and role at the time.

Last edited by Amphipolis; 06-10-2017, 09:54 AM.

Comment

• tchaiku
                            • Nov 2016

''The population was nearly duplicated.''
                            That explains everything.

Comment

• tchaiku
                              • Nov 2016

How much percent of Greeks do you think are ancient?

Comment

Working...
                              X