• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Makedonetz
    • Apr 2010

In Video Part 4 that gentleman speaking looks like my Uncle LOL
    Makedoncite se borat
    za svoite pravdini!

"The one who works for joining of Macedonia to Bulgaria,Greece or Serbia can consider himself as a good Bulgarian, Greek or Serb, but not a good Macedonian"
    - Goce Delchev

Comment

• Agamoi Thytai
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
      They claim descent from Alexander's army, who were overwhelmingly Macedonian, and not Greek. If they have preserved some customs or stories that were left over by the soldiers, writers, engineers, architects, etc, good luck to them. To try and paint them with an 'ethnic Greek' brush is wierd to everybody aside from yourself.
      As i said in my older post,i don't believe all these people have a considerable genetical relation with both of us,that is modern Greeks and modern Macedonians.I can't say the same as regards the cultural aspect because i don't know anything about their culture.Now most Macedonians here say that we bribe them to claim ancient Greek origin.However they alredy did so long before the Greek-Macedonian name dispute started:

"It has long been known that the Kafirs themselves claim a Greek origin, or at least that some, amongst the many tribes represented by the name of Kafir, claim this distinction"
      The geographical journal,1896.

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
      I am still waiting for you to corroborate your earlier statement, where you claimed that Greeks are building schools to teach the Kalash in their own language and not Greek.
      How can i prove that something doesn't exist?Didn't you watch the video?There are nowhere shown Kalash pupils having Greek classes.The only foreign language they are taught is English.If they learnt Greek too the Kalash teacher would have mentioned it.
      As regards their language,most linguist that studied the languages of Kalash,Hunza,Burushaki e.t.c say they are closely related to Hindu and other similar languages of the vicinity.However some say there are certain words that derive from Greek:

A comprehensive study of the history, politics, religion, economy, and culture of Pakistan—how it came to be, where it is, and where it is going.Pakistan occupies a position of geopolitical and strategic importance for the United States. This book explains why, and reveals the reality of this little-studied country. Although Pakistan became a country only in 1947, its people and culture have a rich history. It is a Muslim state, a nuclear power, and a politically troubled land.Pakistan stretches from the heights of the Hindu Kush to the lowlands of the Indus delta. Its people and culture are as varied as its landscape. This scholarly yet accessible work treats the full range of modern Pakistan. Its thorough examination of the country's problems—along with its strengths—makes this an ideal resource for high school or college course work, and an indispensable addition to library collections.

"What high honour do the Macedonians deserve, who throughout nearly their whole lives are ceaselessly engaged in a struggle with the barbarians for the safety of the Greeks?"
      Polybius, Histories, 9.35

Comment

• Makedonetz
        • Apr 2010

Are you greeks all dumb or stupid? Maybe you guys miss the gene of hearing loss but in the 4th video that gentleman not once refered to being greek origin but Macedonian..............oh right i get it! he pernounced it Makedonia so you guys jump to the gun this guy is Stavros Makopoulous your great great great cousin twice removed but inbred family member.

Let me ask you you wanted to know about my aunt what about yourself Agamoi Thytai Are you a greek? Vlach? Turk where are your family from.
        Makedoncite se borat
        za svoite pravdini!

"The one who works for joining of Macedonia to Bulgaria,Greece or Serbia can consider himself as a good Bulgarian, Greek or Serb, but not a good Macedonian"
        - Goce Delchev

Comment

• Agamoi Thytai
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Makedonetz View Post
          Are you greeks all dumb or stupid? Maybe you guys miss the gene of hearing loss but in the 4th video that gentleman not once refered to being greek origin but Macedonian..............oh right i get it! he pernounced it Makedonia so you guys jump to the gun this guy is Stavros Makopoulous your great great great cousin twice removed but inbred family member.
          Sorry,i did not watch that 4th video you are talking about,so i can't comment on it.What's the URL?
          Let me ask you you wanted to know about my aunt
          Did i?I don't remember asking anyone here about his family members.Maybe you are confusing me with someone else?
          what about yourself Agamoi Thytai Are you a greek? Vlach? Turk where are your family from.
          I am Greek.Where my family is from?It's writen on the "location" field,below my avatar.
          "What high honour do the Macedonians deserve, who throughout nearly their whole lives are ceaselessly engaged in a struggle with the barbarians for the safety of the Greeks?"
          Polybius, Histories, 9.35

Comment

• fyrOM
            Banned
            • Feb 2010

Guys just think about it for a bit…

Firstly they are said to be decedents of Alexanders soldiers so that means their mother were locals so the did not have only a Macedonian experience growing up let alone the next generation ect.

we are talking about nearly 2 and half Thousand years ago. Like in Europe how many people crossed this bit of land or that in the time frame.

Then should we not expect huge differences to exist.

I get the feeling some are trying to promote them as Macedonian while other are feeling their identity being hijacked.

I’m not saying lets rename them Macedonians. They are their own identity but would it be such a bad thing if this identity had Macedonian roots.

Comment

• Frank
              Banned
              • Mar 2010

Like I said myself lets concentrate on protecting Macedonian Indenity

Those who speak the Macedonian Language
              Those that belong to the Macedonian orthodox Faith
              The Indigenous Macedonians and Macedonian Disaporra Community
              The Macedonians

Comment

• Makedonetz
                • Apr 2010

Doesn't this somewhat strenghen the Macedonia culture in seeing another culture that has deep roots of Macedonian past. I know its been a long time but this lets the world know Macedonia did exist and we are totally not what greece hasd propagated and exploited about our culture.
                Makedoncite se borat
                za svoite pravdini!

- Goce Delchev

Comment

• Makedonetz
                  • Apr 2010

Also how much influence or traffic would these people have had since Macedonian empire arrived? What cultures would of passed through the himalayans etc? just curious as their features are interesting just like the Amazonians who have been excluded from civilization of man. Maybe the Kalashwere too?
                  Makedoncite se borat
                  za svoite pravdini!

- Goce Delchev

Comment

• DirtyCodingHabitz
                    • Sep 2010

Sorry,i did not watch that 4th video you are talking about,so i can't comment on it.What's the URL?
                    How about you go back to page 4 and find your way to Part 4?

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Agamoi Thytai
                      Now most Macedonians here say that we bribe them to claim ancient Greek origin.However they alredy did so long before the Greek-Macedonian name dispute started
                      I have no doubt that some have said they have an (ancient) Greek origin, others have said they have a (ancient) Macedonian origin. Perhaps it depends on who is asking the question and what their intent is. In any case, I doubt the Kalash people know much about the dispute between Macedonia and Greece, or about the differences between the two nations. Ultimately, these people claim a heritage from Alexander's soldiers, not from Macedonia or Greece. Most of his soldiers were Macedonians though, and not Greeks.
                      There are nowhere shown Kalash pupils having Greek classes.
                      Does Greece promote any supposed 'ties' between Greeks and Kalash people in the Hindu Kush?
                      However some say there are certain words that derive from Greek
                      They speak an Indo-Iranian tongue. This has even given rise to some Albanians to claim linguistic similarities. What Greek words are you making reference to?

Anyway, here is one of their websites:

In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Makedonetz
                        • Apr 2010

Interesting how you spell Pylaia,Salounikj <--- with a j i take it then your turkish or Pondi? Surely you are not 100% Greek. Don't kid yourself thats like saying there are leprachans alive today
                        Makedoncite se borat
                        za svoite pravdini!

- Goce Delchev

Comment

• Makedonetz
                          • Apr 2010

something i found intriuging

Macedonian Kaval

Kalash iquivalent Kaval (Fairy Tales songs)

Notice the girl @ 1:09 seconds their features sure are striking seen some pics the girls are attractive

Kids Dancing to some Kalash Gajda

Last edited by Makedonetz; 12-16-2010, 01:17 AM.
                          Makedoncite se borat
                          za svoite pravdini!

- Goce Delchev

Comment

• Serdarot
                            • Feb 2010

sorry for the late responce, my Burushaski Friend

Burushaski - Makedonski (+ some explanation)

araba - trkalo, kolce (but! araba-dzia / araba-djia is master for wagons, those old wagons pulled by oxes or other fee, and ofcourse, they had wheels i guess the usage of araba is somehow "forgoten in modern Macedonian)

salaatin - salata, salatka (marula)
                            pupo - pupo, pupu, pupones, pupunes, pupunec
                            päci - placki, pljacki
                            fesho - krusha
                            tal - gal, galab, gulab
                            de´karan - gradina, dekar (deka ran = where the food is, where the food grows)
                            kitili - kotel, kotli, koteli
                            khareti - korpa, kara (kara in diferent forms means to wear, to drive, to bring etc)

seer - lav, l´v, but we still have the small brother of the lion living in Macedonia, we call it Ris, Rish. Ris is anagram from shir / seer

toola - topka
                            guuro - kafeno, kafeavo (but! i guess we use this word since the introduction of coffee. arhaic to describe - say brown , its used garo, garavo, garauo)
                            Bratot:
                            Никој не е вечен, а каузава не е нова само е адаптирана на новите услови и ќе се пренесува и понатаму.

Comment

• Onur
                              • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Serdarot View Post
                              araba - trkalo, kolce (but! araba-dzia / araba-djia is master for wagons, those old wagons pulled by oxes or other fee, and ofcourse, they had wheels i guess the usage of araba is somehow "forgoten in modern Macedonian)

I checked the word "araba" from etymology dictionary cuz we use "araba" in Turkish too.

It says that the word "araba" is recorded in 12th century Turkic texts. Also Turkic "araba" means; "rraha(Scythian)", "rada"(Persian), "ratha(Sanskrit), "arrada(Arabian), "raeda(Latin).

The word "Araba" is most definitely coming from ancient people of Central Asia where nomadic people attached a wagon to the horses for the first time. So, it should be either Uralic/Altaic or Indo-Aryan/Iranian word.

Btw we use the word automobile in Turkish too(as "otomobil") but most preferred word is still "araba" for us. It seems that you keep the derivational suffix form of it in Macedonian as "araba-djia" but you don't use it`s root form "araba" anymore???
                              Last edited by Onur; 12-23-2010, 07:22 PM.

Comment

• astibo
                                • Oct 2009

seer-lav

I find this interesting, could this word have some conections with the english titule "ser", or the words "ricar" or "car". Maybe the first meaning of the word "car" is conected to lion. Imagine our ancestors living in deep past, when lions inhabited Macedonia, were giving the titule "car"(lion) for the bravest...
                                Just a tought

Comment

Working...
                                X