Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

In reality, Macedonia has already been recognised. But the negotiation process is being used to squeeze Macedonia's soul for every ounce of humiliation and economic gain. Walk away Macedonia with your head held high.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

Stefov: Macedonians, have we reached a new low?

By Risto Stefov
      November 28, 2010

As much progress as we think we may have made in our quest for human rights, our plight as Macedonians is still to be acknowledged and recognized. Worse, lately we seem to be sinking to a new low!

There was a time when our enemies killed us, tortured us, put us in jail, exiled us and took our homes and lands, humiliated us, changed our names, banned our language and attempted to assimilate us on our own lands and in our own country where we were born. Many of us left that old racist world in hopes of saving ourselves, our souls, our dignity and our national identity. But today it seems that there is no place where we can go to hide where our identity, our language and our existence can be secured. It seems to me that there is no longer a place where we can go, where we can feel safe and where we can be at peace.

Correct me if I am wrong but it seems to me that we are now being attacked by the very same International “institutions” which we came to depend on for the protection of our rights; institutions which sprang out of the chaos of the war years, promising “equal rights to all”. Institutions created to champion “democracy”, “equality” and “self-determination” for all, including the Macedonians. Institutions created to uphold our human rights, fight against racism and protect us from all kinds of discrimination.

It seems to me that such institutions no longer exist, if they ever existed for the Macedonian people.

By the way, did you know that the Macedonians in Greek occupied Macedonia were facing their greatest threat of extinction as a people at exactly the same time the United Nations Universal declaration of human rights was being adopted?

When the rest of the world began to enjoy its human rights, the rights of the Macedonians in Greece were being trampled and repeatedly violated by the Greek state. The basic human rights which include equality, freedom from discrimination, the right to live free and secure, freedom from torture and humiliation, the right to be recognized as an individual before the law, freedom from arbitrary jailing and prosecution, the right to a fair trial, the right to be innocent until proven guilty, the freedom to travel outside of the country, the right to property, the freedom of thought and expression, the freedom to peaceful assembly, the freedom to education, the freedom to belong to a political system in which these rights and freedoms can be realized, the right to achieve the regulations from this declaration without their prevention from the state, groups or individuals, etc., of the Macedonians were repeatedly violated by the Greek state while the United Nations Universal declaration of human rights was being adopted.

That was then, but how are things today?

Well, yesteryear these things were happening inside Greece, supported by the Greek government and perpetrated by fanatic Greeks who, for their own personal reasons, personal satisfaction, or for “mother country”, imposed their will on the Macedonian people. Now, some generations later, a new type of “cunning and sophisticated” Greek has surfaced and has extended his net of abuse to include the entire world. There is no longer a place on this earth where a Macedonian can feel safe to assert his or her own ethnic and national identity without being attacked, humiliated and challenged.

Yes things have changed in the world but for the Macedonians they have changed for the worse!

Yesteryear the Macedonians had no country of their own, today they do but that hardly seems to matter to the racist Greeks and others who want the Macedonian identity rubbed out and everything that is genuinely Macedonian erased from this world.

For example, ever since 39% of Macedonia became an independent and sovereign state the Greeks have “insisted” that it not be called Macedonia! And since the people of the 39% of Macedonia named their little country the Republic of Macedonia the Greeks have “adamantly insisted” that they change the name! Even though Macedonia, an independent and sovereign nation, has every moral and international legal right to choose its own name, the Greeks still insist that Macedonians cannot use the name Macedonia for their country because that name belongs exclusively to Greece!

Well, I for one do not agree with such Greek claims on account of the way the Greeks obtained 51% of Macedonia during the Balkan Wars in 1912 and 1913 when their army, along with the Serbian and Bulgarian armies, illegally invaded, occupied, partitioned and took Macedonia by force for themselves. This happened only 10 years after the Macedonian people themselves made a bid, in a major but failed uprising, to liberate themselves from a previous occupation and create their own Macedonian state. The Greeks, Serbians and Bulgarians, along with the rest of the world, should have realized then that Macedonia belonged to the Macedonian people. Greece, Serbia and Bulgaria however ignored all that and annexed Macedonian lands for themselves. In other words, they literally stole Macedonia out of the hands of the Macedonian people while the rest of the world sat by silent on the sidelines. That is why I believe Macedonia does not belong to anyone other than to the genuine Macedonian people. Not to the “pretend” Greeks, not to the Serbians and Bulgarians and not to the Albanians; Macedonia belongs to the Macedonian people who were a nation before they had a country. Unlike the Greeks for whom the Great Powers first created a country and then fabricated their mythical “fake” Greek nation to fit. The Macedonians were a Macedonian nation before there was a modern Macedonian state and the Macedonian people have the right to name their state Macedonia.

I, however, am not the only one who believes that Macedonia belongs to the Macedonian people.

Former German Ambassador to Macedonia, Hans Lothar-Schteppan in an interview with Mia, Mina and A1, said that Macedonia should never under any circumstances yield to Greece. He also calls Macedonia a “victim of Europe’s 20th century conspiracies”.

“I am convinced that if any politician wishes to understand today’s political conflict between Macedonia and Greece, they must look deep into history. History proves what I believe, for example, that Greece prior to 1913 never had Aegean Macedonia [51% of Macedonia] in its possession. Not in ancient times, not in Roman times, not during Ottoman times, not at any point in time did Greece ever have anything to do with Macedonia,” says Hans Lothar-Schteppan.

“After an outrageous breach of international law in 1912-1913 during the Balkan Wars, Greece together with Bulgaria and Serbia & Montenegro occupied and took Macedonia, Thrace, and Epirus. The main basis here is that Greece has illegally stolen Macedonian territory, which is against international law. This historical connection however is independent of the right of Macedonia to seek its self determination. Everyone on earth has the right to self determination, so does Macedonia, and no one can change that,” says Hans Lothar-Schteppan.

It seems that today the “Greek tentacles” that once threatened the Balkans have grown and have encircled the world. They are now interfering in International affairs and in organizations like NATO, the European Union and the United Nations, to mention a few.

Even though Macedonia is the fourth or fifth largest proportional contributor of military troops to NATO peace-keeping missions worldwide, it is still waiting for an invitation for its political wing to join NATO and all this, I am told, is because of Greek interference! Greece is the only NATO member in the world that does not want Macedonia to join NATO!

More recently the Macedonian language has been attacked both in the European Union and in the United Nations where it has disappeared from important reports and websites.

The latest European Commission progress report did not include “Macedonian” to refer to the Macedonian language and in its place it used “state language”. EU Ambassador Erwan Fouere called it a “misunderstanding”.

If that was not enough, the Macedonian language was completely erased from the United Nations website registry and the profile of the Republic of Macedonia was altered to point to the profile of Afghanistan. http://data.un.org/CountryProfile.as...of%20Macedonia

These, we are told, are “oversights” and “misunderstandings”! But why are there no “oversights” or “misunderstandings” when it comes to other peoples’ languages and country profiles?

Personally I am not convinced that these were “accidental” acts and no “tentacles” had anything to do with them! What worries me more however is the “apologetic attitude” which the powers responsible for the security and integrity of this information have taken when it comes to Macedonia.

From where we as Macedonians stand, these are not “accidents”, “oversights”, or “misunderstandings”. These are only “deliberate acts” to eradicate the Macedonian identity! And until the United Nations, the European Union, NATO and the others look at these incidents as nothing less than “deliberate acts” to eradicate the Macedonian identity, we as Macedonians have no choice but to “look down” on these institutions and think of them as no more than “clubs” pandering to Greek racism and Greek discrimination against the Macedonians at an International level.

And these are the institutions we strive to join? And these are the institutions for which we are willing to “compromise” our name?

How much more will it take for us Macedonians to see what we have gotten ourselves into before we pull away from these so-called “negotiations” with Greece?

Personally I have to admit that I am really tired and fuming mad from the abuse we are continuing to take; not only directly from the Greeks and Bulgarians but from their lackeys and paid pawns internationally. But I have to believe that we are on the right track and someday our plight for human rights will be recognized and acknowledged by the rest of the world. I also have to admit that my patience is wearing thin and unless I soon see progress in the direction we take, I for one will eventually lose faith in our approach! As a friend once said, referring to another tormented people who today are successful, “no one paid attention to them until they grabbed their Kalashnikovs and took matters into their own hands”! I hope it doesn’t come to that for the Macedonians! But then how far can a nation be pushed before it rebels?
      Risto the Great

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

I think all Risto's should give themselves a pat on the back.
        Risto the Great

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
          I think all Risto's should give themselves a pat on the back.
          I couldn't agree more and it seems like those of us who are not begging for funds are making people take notice in high places.

Actions from the heart!
          http://www.makedonskakafana.com

Macedonia for the Macedonians

Comment

• Pelister
            • Sep 2008

I'm not surprised by what Risto has written in this article.

The League of Nations, is a perfect of example, of how an international body can one the one hand, create a public image of a benevolent institution with the interests of 'minorities' at heart, while on the other, actively set out to "eradicate" the Macedonians, entirely. I don't just mean manage and finance the depopulation of the indigenous population, I mean that the League broke its own protocols to make sure that any discussions about the Macedonians was not to be recorded, and never to be published. I have discovered this fact recently, in the British archives - one more tender minded contemporary had lost all hope in the League, when he saw how the 'Council of Three' at the League of Nations, had dealt with the Macedonian 'minorities' under the oppresion of various invaders.

Comment

• George S.
              • Aug 2009

Initiative - Germany to recognize Macedonia

Dear readers and friends,

We ask that you please support this initiative, which aims to send emails to a number of German institutions in order to seek recognition for the Republic of Macedonia under the name Republic of Macedonia, by sending your own letter or a copy of the following letters in German or English to the provided e-mails:

Germany is one of the few European countries which still has not recognized Macedonia by its proper name. A few months ago a rally was held in Berlin to encourage Germany to recognize Macedonia but the rally was unsuccessful. However we must continue our struggle so we ask that you join our people in Germany and contribute to this struggle through an Internet campaign that has the same goal.

Please address the letters to:

Embassy of Germany in Macedonia - Link
              [email protected]

[email protected]

Parliament of Germany - Link
              [email protected]

Council of Germany (Bundesrat) - Link

Mission of Germany to the UN, New York - Link
              [email protected]

Mission of Germany to the United Nations, Geneva - Link
              [email protected]

Government of Germany - Link

President of Germany
              [email protected]
              [email protected]

Representative of Germany to the EU - Link
              [email protected]

Mission of Germany to the OSCE - Link

Our letter in English:

Ladies and Gentlemen,

On April 15th, 1993 the Federal Republic of Germany recognized the Republic of Macedonia as a sovereign state and both countries established diplomatic relations. However, the recognition was not done under the name Republic of Macedonia but under a temporary reference with which the Republic of Macedonia was admitted to the UN.

We the Macedonians believe that this decision is not only unjust for the Macedonian people but defies universal rights and principles.

The reference under which the Republic of Macedonia was admitted to the UN is only for use within the UN, as per resolution 817.

The preliminary reference which was included in the UN constitutes a reference, not a name!

We the Macedonians ask that fundamental human rights and principles also apply to us.

We ask that you please end the injustice and discrimination against us and recognize our country by the name Republic of Macedonia.

Over 130 countries worldwide, including the USA, Canada, Brazil, India, China, Japan, Russia… have already acknowledged our country under the name Republic of Macedonia!

Yours sincerely,

Our letter in German:

Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren,

Am 15. April 1993 hat die Bundesrepublik Deutschland die Republik Mazedonien als selbstständigen Staat anerkannt, sodass beide Länder diplomatische Beziehungen aufnahmen. Allerdings war die Anerkennung nicht unter dem verfassungsmäßigen Namen unseres Landes - Republik Mazedonien, sondern unter der vorübergehenden Referenz, mit der die Republik Mazedonien in die UNO aufgenommen wurde.

Wir Bürger der Republik Mazedonien, glauben, dass diese Entscheidung die vorübergehende Referenz als Bezeichnung für unser Land anzuwenden nicht den Prinzipien als auch den Rechten von Freiheit und Gerechtigkeit entsprechen.

Die Referenz, unter der die Republik Mazedonien in die UNO aufgenommen wurde, ist nur für die Verwendung innerhalb der UN, wie in der Resolution 817. angegeben.

Ein weiterer Grund ist, dass die vorläufige Referenz unter der Mazedonien in die UNO aufgenommen wurde, eine vorübergehende Referenz darstellt - aber keinen Namen!

Wir, die Bürgerinnen und Bürger der Republik Mazedonien mit Sinn für Gerechtigkeit und Fairness, bitten, dass die grundlegenden Menschenrechte und Prinzipien auch für uns gelten. Haben wir es nicht verdient, unseren Namen zu tragen, den wir gewählt haben und mit welchen wir uns seit Jahrhunderten selbst nennen und definieren?

Unsere Bitte an Sie ist dazu beizutragen, die Ungerechtigkeit und Diskriminierung zu beenden und unser Land unter seinem historischen und verfassungsmäßigen Namen anzuerkennen - Republik Mazedonien.

Wir möchten anmerken, dass über 130 Länder weltweit, darunter die USA, Kanada, Brasilien, Indien, China, Japan, Russland ... unsere Heimat unter ihrem verfassungsmäßigen Namen anerkannt haben!

Auch möchten wir nicht vergessen zu erwähnen, dass wir die öffentliche Meinung Deutschlands zur Kenntnis genommen haben, in der wir überwiegend mit unserem verfassungsrechtlichen Namen bezeichnet werden.

Der Name unserer Heimat ist Republik Mazedonien! Wir Bitten dies zu respektieren, so wie wir immer Ihren Namen respektiert haben!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Our letter in Macedonian:

Сакаме да ве замолиме да ја подржите иницијативата која цели со испраќање на електронски пораки до германските институции да издејствува признавање на Р. Македонија под нејзиното уставно име. Исто така сакаме да ве замолиме да ја проширите меѓу вашите контаакти:

Германија е една од неколкуте европски земји која сеуште не нема признато под нашето уставно име. Пред неколку месеци во Берлин беше одржан митинг со барање Германија да не признае под уставно име. За да дадеме свој придонес во оваа битка на нашите во Германија решивме да иницираме Интернет кампања која ја има истата цел.

Немаме заблуди дека со ова ќе постигнеме којзнае колку голем успех, ама ако постојано се водиме од дефетистичка филозофија, сигурно е дека никогаш и нема да постигнеме нешто со што ќе направиме разлика. Од друга страна пак ако сите запнеме со здружени сили и ако секој го даде својот максимум, неминовно ќе успееме да се избориме за нашето име.

Дури и да не успееме сега, ефектот од иницијативата ќе се кумулира и ќе дојде моментот кога последната капка што ќе ја наполни чашата, колку и да е мала ќе резултира со признавање на Македонија под уставно име.

Писмото е адресирано до:

Амбасада на Германија во Македонија - Линк
              [email protected]
              [email protected]

Парламент на Германија - Линк
              [email protected]

Совет на Германија (Бундесрат) - Линк

Мисија на Германија во ООН, Њујорк - Линк
              [email protected]

Мисија на Германија во ООН, Женева - Линк
              [email protected]

Влада на Германија - Линк

Претседател на Германија
              [email protected]
              [email protected]

Претставник на Германија во ЕУ - Линк
              [email protected]

Мисија на Германија во OSCE - Линк

Доколку имате можност напишете ваш текст во кој најкултурно и аргументирано побарајте признавање на Република Македонија под уставно име, и пратете го на сите посочени адреси.

from risto stefov
              "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

i'm emailing my response today.I encourage all mto members to do so asap.just email to the links.
                Last edited by George S.; 12-11-2010, 08:22 PM. Reason: edit
                "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
                  • Aug 2009

Guys don't forget to email germany.
                  GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
                    • Aug 2009

Integration of the Macedonians from the Aegean part of Macedonia into the General Mac

Integration of the Macedonians from the Aegean part of Macedonia into the General Macedonian Community

By Irena Borisovska

Translated and edited by Risto Stefov

The Macedonians like many other people in this world, during the course of their history, had the unfortunate fate of being divided, resettled and negated. It took decades for them to free themselves of the feeling of uncertainty and that only happened after the formation of a Macedonian state, first as part of the Former Yugoslav Federation and later, after 1991, as an independent Macedonian state.

Today, unwinding under International supervision, the Macedonian state is being transformed, a condition under which it has existed since its beginning, since the moment the Macedonian people created it. European standards are adopted in every segment of society, with hopes that Macedonia will soon join the European family. With hopes that eventually the Macedonian people will have the ability to at least reunite culturally.

The future of the Balkan people is the European Union where everyone can be connected culturally and economically.

Macedonia’s fate of being divided was determined by other people, Balkan people, but Macedonia’s unfortunate situation was brought on particularly because of its ancient name – a situation which until now was unrecognized by the world.

The golgotha and hardship of the Macedonian people from the Aegean part of Macedonia begins with Macedonia’s partition in 1913. Macedonia’s partition and the Macedonian people’s division into four parts after the 1912, 1913 Balkan Wars have prevented the Macedonian people’s centuries old wish to form a free and independent Macedonian state which was to encompass the entire Macedonian territory. In the course of history, since the Balkan Wars, under the various states in which they found themselves, the Macedonian people have been exposed to many re-settlements and forced assimilations. Plunged into such tragic circumstances has especially been the fate of Macedonians from the Aegean part of Macedonia, in other words the Macedonians living under Greece where a large part of the Macedonian population was evicted from its native home with no hope of ever returning.

After the Balkan Wars, under the signed convention between Greece and Bulgaria (November 1919) for exchange of populations, tens of thousands of Macedonians from Greece were forced to leave their homes. The Kukush, Enidzhevardar, Gjumensko and Solun Region populations were the first to be evicted. Part of that population was relocated to Struma Region, today called “Bezhantsi”.

The new brand of eviction began with the signing of the 1923 Lausanne Agreement for the exchange of the Muslim and Christian populations between Greece and Turkey. As a result of this agreement about 40 thousand Macedonians of the Muslim faith were evicted to Turkey and so-called “Greeks” from Asia Minor and the Caucasus were settled in the Aegean part of Macedonia.

Kostur, Lerin, Voden and the wider regions were predominantly populated by Macedonians. The Greek government, with the August 10th, 1929 act “Agreement for protection of the non-Greek population living in Greece”, was obliged to respect “the interests of the residents who were different from Greek by ethnicity, language or religion”. Bus as soon as that was about to happen, the Bulgarian state insisted that the Macedonians living in Greece were Bulgarians and put pressure on Greece to call them a Bulgarian minority. Then the Yugoslav side put pressure on Greece to regard the same Macedonians as a Serbian minority.

In 1925 under pressure from the League of Nations, Greece published the “Abecedar”, a Latin scripted primer in the Bitola-Lerin dialect of the Macedonian language. Even though it was regulated by the Greek Ministry of Education, its application, as was generally designed to teach the Macedonian language to Macedonian children, was never carried out. The primer was confiscated and denationalizing politics continued at the same tempo. With that the Macedonian people’s rights to learn their mother tongue was, one more time, taken away.

In 1928, after a Greek-Bulgarian agreement for population exchanges, 86,000 Macedonians were evicted to Bulgaria. During the August 1936 Ioannis Metaxas dictatorship more strict measures for denationalizing Macedonians were put in place and in 1938 a law was enacted to entirely ban the Macedonian language. To accelerate the learning of the Greek language, night schools were opened to teach adults.

During the Greek-Italian War (October 1940) and generally during the Second World War, Macedonians along with the Greek population joined the anti-fascist struggle to protect the Greek state. By doing so the Macedonians were hoping that they would finally achieve their rights, at least of free expression as Macedonians, but that too did not happen.

Not being granted their human rights and dissatisfied with the conduct of the Communist Party of Greece (CPG) towards them, a large number of Macedonian fighters crossed over the Greek-Yugoslav border into Bitola, the territory of today’s Republic of Macedonia and, on November 18th, 1944, formed their own Aegean Brigade. (1)

With the formation of this brigade, in the territory of the then People’s Republic of Macedonia, began the integration of the Macedonians from the Aegean part of Macedonia with the Macedonians from the Republic of Macedonia working together to form a mother state. The long term aim of the brigade, however, was to return to the territory of the Aegean part of Macedonia and fight for the rights of the Macedonian people in Greece, especially since at the time Greece was still in the process of forming a government. However, the Greek left was not interested in the Macedonians and was flirting with the communist block and with the western bourgeoisie block to boost its own national interests. The Aegean brigade in the meantime was engaged in the clean-up battles in the liberation of western Macedonia.

The question as to why the Greek Civil War was started to begin with and why it involved the Macedonian people is very interesting, especially since the division of spheres of influence between the Great Powers was already known. If the Greek Civil War was not about expelling those people who did not see themselves as Greeks then what was it all about?

The end of the Second World War was not the end of the Macedonian “dream” for achieving equal rights in rebuilding the modern Greek state. Against all odds, in view of the circumstances then, Macedonians fighters still hoped that they would somehow achieve their human rights. On May 6th, 1945 the Brigade was disbanded. A small part of the fighting force joined the Yugoslav National Army (YNA) and a greater part returned to Greece, to the Aegean part of Macedonia where fighters joined the Democratic Army of Greece (DAG) (2). The Brigade in its entirety consisted of about 2 to 3 thousand fighters. (3)

At that time major terror campaigns aimed against the Macedonian people and against the left in general were conducted by the right and supported by the British. Terror, lawlessness, murders, rapes, kidnappings, destruction of Macedonian homes and properties, expulsions, etc. were common practice in the Aegean part of Macedonia since the day ELAS was demobilized in February 26th, 1945. The Greek colonists (the Prosfigi or Majars as they were known), brought to Macedonia from Asia Minor in the 1920’s, became organized, joined armed bands and wreaked havoc on the Macedonian population to avenge alleged crimes the Macedonians had supposedly perpetrated against them in the course of the occupation and to punish the Macedonians for their alleged activities against Greek interests in Macedonia. (4) The entire state apparatus had joined the anti-Macedonian campaign and the Macedonians were labeled Bulgarians, rebels and autonomists who were a danger to the security and integrity of Greece. Many Macedonians were wrongly accused of being “rebels” but in fact it was the so-called counter-bands of the right who released the majority of the “rebels” and allowed them to join the rebel movement. These so-called “rebels” were the best fighters and leaders of DAG who, in order to defend themselves from the fierce terror waged against them and against the Macedonian people, attempted to create an all Macedonian organization called SNOF (Macedonian National Front) and, on January 20th, 1945, Vangel Ajanovski Oche, a veteran of SNOF, initiated the organization TOMO (Macedonian Clandestine Liberation Organization).

In the period between the Varkiza negotiations (February 12, 1945) and sometime after the 2nd plenum of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of Greece (February 12, 1946) 1,192 people were killed, 6,413 were wounded, 75,000 were jailed, 165 women were raped, 6,569 were kidnapped, about 100,000 were persecuted and 20,000 fled to Yugoslavia, Albania and Bulgaria. During the second plenum of the Central Committee of the Communist Part of Greece a resolution was reached to re-evaluate the need for resuming the armed struggle conducted during World War II and to abstain from the March 31st, 1946 parliamentary elections. The resolution to re-evaluate the need for the resumption of the armed struggle gave the Greek right more reasons to seek a final resolution with the left. With the number of fighters enlisted in DAG being much smaller compared to those who had enlisted in ELAS, the Greek People’s Liberation Army during World War II, such a resolution was now possible. Because of this the British and Americans, who had interests of their own in the region, had no intention of allowing the CPG to win and letting Greece fall into communist hands.

The “renewed conflict” drew the Macedonians into the struggle once again raising their hopes of gaining their human rights, hopes that were destined to be disappointed right from the start. But what choice did they have? The CPG in Greece was the only party to recognize them as Macedonians making it obvious which side they should take. As one of the fighters from the Aegean Brigade, Boris Dimitrov, from the village R’bi located near the Macedonian-Greek border in Prespa Region, said to his wife, who begged him to cross border and join his two younger sons, “I have no other choice but to fight to the end, because if I stay and fight there will always be hope.” (5) Today we may think this man’s ideals are strange but what kind of person is he without ideals?

The mass exodus of Macedonians from the Aegean part of Macedonia took place exactly at the time when the United Nations Universal declaration of human rights was being adopted. (6) Unfortunately as the rest of the world began to enjoy its human rights, the rights of the Macedonians in Greece were trampled on and repeatedly violated by the Greek state. The basic human rights which include equality, freedom from discrimination, the right to live free and secure, freedom from torture and humiliation, the right to be recognized as an individual before the law, freedom from arbitrary jailing and persecution, the right to get a fair trial, the right to be deemed innocent until proven guilty, the freedom to travel outside of the country, the right to property, freedom of thought and expression, the freedom to peacefully assembly and gather, freedom to education, freedom to belong to a political system in which these rights and freedoms can be realized, the right to achieve the regulations from this declaration without their prevention from the state, groups or individuals, etc., of the Macedonians were repeatedly violated. (7)

It is sad that none of this is acceptable in Greece. In 1950 Greece introduced two laws in order to evict Macedonians from their homeland. The first law treated Macedonians as “undesirable foreigners” on their own lands and the second law (decree 2536) allowed for Macedonian lands to be confiscated for the “colonization of the Greek population”. (8)

In the course of the Greek Civil War, particularly during the gathering and relocation of the Refugee Children (Detsa Begaltsi) from Greece in 1948, the Peoples’ Republic of Macedonia, under the framework of the Peoples’ Republic of Yugoslavia, accepted a number of these refugees. The greater number however was sent to several Eastern European countries including the USSR, Poland, Czechoslovakia, Romania, Hungary, Bulgaria and East Germany. Some refugees were sent to other republics in the Yugoslav federation.

The Provisional Democratic Government of Greece from the left at the time had passed a resolution to move the children away from the regions where war was being waged, especially away from the regions that were being bombed by air by British and American bombers. Simultaneously, the Greek government from the right was also attempting to resettle the children through the Greek queen Frederica who initiated a campaign to “save” the children. Unlike the left which collected the children whose families were willing to let them go voluntarily, the right was essentially working to kidnap the children with aims of sending them to “right sponsored” Greek schools and turning them into great spirited Greeks of the “neo-janissary” kind. Believing that their children were in danger of being kidnapped by the right, mothers in the village Zagorichani, Kostur Region, hid their children in the ovens. Frustrated by being unable to find them, the armed monarcho-fascists, looking for children to kidnap, slashed 17 women to death from the surrounding villages and threw their bodies into Lake Kostur. (9)

The Greek Civil War lasted from 1946 to 1949 during which conditions in Greece were aggravated and turned from bad to worse for the population. But at the same time, even though this period was short, it gave the Macedonian people, at least those in the free territories, an opportunity to learn their own language.

In Mala Prespa during the preparations for the children’s evacuations, in February 1948, a letter from the Provisional Greek Government was sent to the Albanian government outlining its reasons for this mass organized deportation. Its first reason was to save the children from the British and American terror waged against the Greek people in general (10). An announcement was also made by the radio station “Free Greece” on March 4th, 1948 giving similar reasons for the deportation.

The actual campaign to collect the children from Lerin, Kostur and Voden Regions was initiated and carried out by the Peoples’ Liberation Army and by the Anti-Fascist Women’s Front, with help from the people’s committees in the villages.

With the children removed from the country, a smaller of the two evils was realized. While unable to return to their homeland, the children would at least be free to maintain and protect their true identity away from the hands of the queen Frederica who had aims to take them to the Greek islands to “educate” them in how to be great spirited Greeks.

It was decided that children ages 2 to 14 would qualify for the evacuation which would be conducted under voluntary consent from their parents or guardians. The children would be placed in groups of 20 to 25 and one adult person would be given responsibility for looking after each group. In most cases the person responsible was a young woman, a widow of a fallen DAG fighter, a woman or a man who had spent time in jail or a young woman whose parents were fighters in DAG.

A memorandum from the Provisional Government of Greece was also sent to Trigve Li in the United Nations explaining the reasons for the evacuation. Some of these reasons were outlined on the radio program “Free Greece” on May 27, 1948. On May 28, 1948 an article appeared in the newspaper “Nova Makedonija” stating that the memorandum also contained information that exposed the Athenian government and the archbishop Damaskinos of personally having cooperated with Hitler’s forces during the fascist occupation and in December 1944 having approved the terror campaigns and genocide which the Athenian government then carried out.

Even though 2/3 of the children were Macedonian, the memorandum failed to mention that fact thus calling them all “Greek children”. The memorandum was signed by General Markos Vafiadis, president of the Provisional Government of Greece.

In the 70’s when Papandreou, the Greek Prime Minister, finally made his peace with the former partisans, General Markos Vafiadis triumphantly returned to Athens, not forgetting to emphasize that he was a deserving Greek who exiled the Macedonian population from the Aegean part of Macedonia. Reminding the Greek regime in power that it was he and his communists alone who accomplished more in a few short years in eliminating the Macedonian menace than all the Greek regimes put together. (11) According to United Nations statistics 28,000 children were exiled but according to the Provisional Government of Greece the number was 25,000. (12)

The Greek Civil War ended in August 1949 with dire consequences for the Macedonian people. Apart from the children being exiled and the exhaustion of the population in Lerin, Kostur and Voden Regions, a large part of the adult population was also exiled. Therefore the December 1944 Greek aim to eliminate the Macedonians from Greece was achieved with the eviction of 120,000 Macedonians.

The Macedonians from the Aegean part of Macedonia who found themselves on the other side of the border, outside of Greece, were determined to preserve their Macedonian national identity even at the cost of losing their homes and everything that their predecessors had worked for through the ages. They were guided by the words: “A people without life cannot die, neither can they be destroyed, but from the spirit of martyrdom those people will again be resurrected.” These words were taught by their teacher and revolutionary, Lazo Angelovski from the village Grazhdeno in Prespa Region. Lazo was the main organizer who put together the Macedonian language courses for teaching the Macedonian language to the Macedonian teachers in the Aegean part of Macedonia. Lazo was also one of the first teachers to teach in the Peoples’ Republic of Macedonia and to sacrifice himself for Macedonians so that they could again be resurrected. (13)

The displaced Macedonians, carrying with them their strong Macedonian national feeling, in the struggle to preserve themselves from being assimilated, persisted in becoming integrated in Macedonian society. Rejected by the Greeks they felt the Greek chauvinistic politics crawling under their skin as they were prohibited from “returning home”, to be with their people, to become whole. Accepting that as Macedonians they could not return home, they turned to the single mother which they had, the modern Macedonian state, the Republic of Macedonia, the only place they could communicate and work in their mother tongue. Even though in the early years the Macedonian children and adults were displaced in many countries they never forgot who they were. The young children before leaving home were told to always remember who they were and to never forget that they were Macedonians.

“Macedonian woman from the Aegean part of Macedonia, who initially did not even know how to read Macedonian, eventually became the primary educators and surrogate mothers of the evacuated children. Even in the countries unknown to them, they as teachers and mother figures cared for the children and spoke to them honestly, directly, quietly, gently, always determined to educate them while tenaciously keeping watch over them day and night. They worried about the children, about their well being and about their education constantly reminding them to strive to learn: ‘Learn dear children. You are Macedonians. You need to learn to become doctors, engineers, professors... you are Macedonia’s future, when we return to Macedonia you will be needed to build our devastated Macedonia. We, on the other hand never had such opportunity because the Greek reactionary regimes would not allow us to be educated not even in the Greek language.’” (14)

That Macedonian feeling was seeded in the evacuated children. Besides learning the language of the host country, they were learning Macedonian, their own language. In parallel they were also learning the Greek language.

Courses to educate the Macedonian teachers at that time were held in the free territories of Prespa in the Aegean part of Macedonia, in the Peoples’ Republic of Macedonia and in Romania.

Evacuated children sent to the various Eastern European countries were doing well in developing their knowledge of Macedonian culture. They were learning and singing Macedonian songs, reciting performances in Macedonian and reading Macedonian books and other reading material which was provided for them by the Peoples’ Republic of Macedonia and by the publishing council of the Peoples’ Liberation Front.

The children cared for Macedonian cultural traditions and were eager to learn the Macedonian language, especially from articles and newspapers published in Macedonian. Generally they cared very much for their mother country and wanted to have good relations with their own people.

Some of the newspapers and publications sent to the children as reading material included: “Macedonian” edited by Pavle Kaljkov (published 35 issues from 1949 to 1953), “Ilinden”, published from 1952 to 1956 and “Macedonian Life” published from 1963 to 1966. There were also cultural events organized during which the song “Today in Macedonia is Born” was sung; a song which today is the Republic of Macedonia’s National Anthem. (15)

The Communist Party of Greece did its best to win over the children but without much success with the exception of those who still had relatives in Greece. It won over them by offering them repatriation. Most of the children however, even those who migrated to overseas countries, always felt Macedonian and considered Macedonia to be their homeland. They continued to enjoy their Macedonian culture and practice their Macedonian traditions wherever they lived, not forgetting who they were.

“The evacuated young children, who were taken care of outside of their own homeland, are now academic citizens and qualified professionals. Their education they received in the language of the host countries. Most returned to the Republic of Macedonia and, for various reasons, some immigrated to overseas countries such as Canada, Australia, the USA and other countries.” Testimony given by Evdokia Foteva Vera. (16)

The largest part of all the displaced people from the Aegean part of Macedonia returned to the Republic of Macedonia, a process which had been unwinding through several phases. During the first phase some decided to stay in the Peoples’ Republic of Macedonia while the rest were settled in other countries, mostly in Eastern European countries. The total number of displaced people was estimated to exceed 100,000, from which 60,000 were sent to European countries and the rest went overseas. If we take into consideration that more than 20,000 were killed during the course of the anti-fascist war and during the Greek Civil War, we arrive at the number of people which the Greek government of December 1944 wanted eliminated.

In March 1948 the Yugoslav state delegated responsibility for the reception and care of the refugee children to the Yugoslav Committee for Social Affairs and to the Yugoslav Red Cross. Bitola was chosen to act as the central point for front line assistance, food and clothing distribution. Further distribution of food, clothing, disinfection and medical exams were conducted in Matka (Skopje) and Belgrade, with help from the federal, republic and local government organs and by activists from the various organizations such as the Women’s Anti-fascist Front and the Peoples’ Front. In Yugoslavia, as in the remaining Eastern European countries, the children were settled in children’s homes where a large number spent years of their lives. Upon completing their elementary education, the children who were settled in children’s homes in the former Yugoslav Republics were sent to the Peoples’ Republic of Macedonia to further their education. Most wanted to remain in the Republic of Macedonia and complete their entire education, but because of the Republic’s difficult economic situation, at that time, all their wishes could not be granted.

There was a time, of course, when people reacted both positively and negatively to the re-settling of the “Aegeans” in the Republic of Macedonia, but that, as it is understood, did not discourage the so-called “Aegeans” from wanting to return to the embrace of their own country.

The situation was further aggravated when relations between the Federal Peoples’ Republic of Yugoslavia and the Eastern Block countries began to deteriorate on account of their disputes on who had the right to steer the socialist system.

Problems deepened when the Communist Party of Greece took the Soviet Union side and sided with the Eastern European countries. This unfortunately left many families either divided or on the other side of the “fence”, a fence erected between Yugoslavia and the Eastern European countries.

A large number of adults, including those who were directly involved in the struggle in ELAS and DAG, were sent to the Soviet Union with some being sent to Poland and Hungary, while children were spread out in children’s homes everywhere. Because of United Nations conventions, everywhere they went they were considered “refugees” which was also the case in the Federal Peoples’ Republic of Yugoslavia and understandably in the Peoples’ Republic of Macedonia. Even though they were Macedonians they were still considered refugees by International standards but the Macedonian authorities did their best to expedite their citizenship. When relations between the Federal Peoples’ Republic of Yugoslavia and the remaining countries from the “socialist camp” (Eastern block) began to improve, families that were divided were allowed to reconnect and parents could finally be with their children. There are many examples of families being divided and placed in several countries. There are also instances where members of those families did not know the whereabouts of their relatives or if they were dead or alive. Efforts to reconnect families lasted, in some cases, up to the 1970s with many Macedonians ending up in the Republic of Macedonia, which they considered to be their own homeland.

The departure of the Macedonians from the Eastern European countries began in the mid 50s and, according to some authors, numbered around 100,000. (17)

Macedonians from the Aegean part of Macedonia who decided to remain in the Peoples’ Republic of Macedonia were eventually integrated into its economic sector and cultural life. Aegeans worked mainly in collectives and factories and quickly integrated themselves into the social life.

In the economic sector they were integrated in the collectives as early as March 1948 when around 60 families from the Aegean part of Macedonia were given work at the village collectives in the villages Gari and Trsontse. Initially they faced problems such as their daily wages being short but most were administrative problems to do with the collectives themselves. Some received equitable salaries but the salaries of most were far less than those received by members of the collective. (18) The Aegeans also worked in other businesses such as the stock breeding collective “Tsrvena Dzvezda” in Shtip, the business “Erzhelia” in Sveti Nikole, the construction companies in Mavrovo and Titov Veles, the factory in “Treska”, the collective in Stenche, the confectionary factory “Progres”, “Kuzman Josifovski Pitu” in Prilep, the factory “Michurin” in Skopje and other places. (19)

The Macedonian government also showed concern about educating the young, particularly those children who lived in the children’s homes, as well as those who remained in the Republic and lived with their families. The Aegean children were well integrated with the local children in various schools, including the middle schools in Skopje. (20) The older children were given opportunities to study in Macedonian faculties.

In the course of settling the Aegean Macedonians, plans were made and money was set aside to build apartments in various cities in the Republic of Macedonia. A lot of effort was made to integrate them into Macedonian communities and turn them into productive citizens. In June 1951 the Macedonian government introduced regulations which permitted the refugees to build homes. Those who wanted to build their own homes were given land from the national assets fund to use for free for a predetermined time. Similarly, credit was set aside through the Yugoslav Federal government’s investment bank and the Macedonian bank. Credit was given out interest free for 30 years. In Skopje new buildings were built in the Michurin and Avtokomanda suburbs as well as in Prilep, Kumanovo, Shtip, Bitola and Titov Veles. (21)

To expedite and ease their integration, the refugees began to form their own organizations and publish their own newspapers. One of their newspapers, “Glas na Egejtsite” (Voice of the Aegeans), published for three years, informed the refugees of their ongoing situation and reported on activities which were of general interest to them. Another organization established by the refugees was the arts organization “Egej” which served to affirm the Macedonian traditions from the Aegean part of Macedonia.

One of the most important aspects of refugee integration was to disassociate themselves from former political party ties. A large number of the Partisan fighters who found themselves in the Republic of Macedonia were members of the Greek communist party. For some years they were also members of the Yugoslav communist party but because of their former membership in the Greek communist party, they were not trusted. From testimonies given by people who lived in Yugoslavia at the time, it was understood that these people were carefully watched because of the contacts they had with people from the “enemy block”. There were cases where distinguished anti-fascist fighters were sued and jailed in Goli Otok prison, some purely on suspicion. Most interesting was the case of Partisan Pando Ljorovski from the village Dmbeni, Kostur Region, a fighter who belonged to the First Macedonian Kosovo shock brigade. He was pardoned in 1959 by the government. (22) After his life was spared he remained and worked in Macedonia.

Many projects initiated by the Aegeans were questioned by the Yugoslav authorities, including the building of a monument to honour the fallen in Katlanovo, which was halted by a directive from Belgrade. (23) Those returning from the Eastern Block countries were investigated upon their arrival and a large number were treated as possible Soviet agents. (24)

It is also important however to mention some positive aspects experienced by the refugees like jobs that they easily found after their arrival. Their relocation which did not go as smoothly as expected was offset by the fact that there were building funds set aside to help them resettle. Unfortunately, as fate would have it, after the 1963 Skopje earthquake many newcomers had to be relocated again to new Skopje neighbourhoods.

It is also important to mention that a large number of the newcomers returning from Eastern European countries came with a developed middle professional education, a large number of them having received higher education, including magistrate and doctoral degrees. In Macedonia their education was valued and recognized because at that time people with higher education were in great demand, not only in Macedonia but also in the rest of Yugoslavia.

The Macedonians from the Aegean part of Macedonia generally had and still have a highly developed Macedonian consciousness. This was true even in the first years after their arrival. A small number even desired a united Macedonia.

Unfortunately, at the insistence of Great Britain, Yugoslavia and Greece after 1955 began to improve their relations thus ignoring the unsettled Aegean Macedonian question. Many times, when the Macedonian leadership attempted to bring it up the answer was always the same “we cannot risk ruining our relations with Greece on account of the Aegeans”.

The return of the Aegean Macedonians to the Republic of Macedonia was accomplished during Yugoslav times when these people, along with local Macedonians, took part in building and modernizing the Socialist Republic of Macedonia.

In the period after the Republic of Macedonia’s independence, the Aegeans continued to be involved in shaping the general course of this country and, like all Macedonians, shared in its rebuilding; each offering their own means to help and each hoping that some day all Macedonians from all parts of Macedonia would find a way to become culturally and economically united perhaps in a framework of a larger European family.

Many Aegeans distinguished themselves in various fields each in their own way helping to establish this state. Among them are many distinguished heroes, fighters, philosophers, politicians, businessmen, academics and artists, who with their creative opus have left and are still leaving a strong mark on Macedonia’s culture.

Many names need to be mentioned, however we will mention only two that we believe are very important for Macedonia – Gotse Delchev and Krste Misirkov. Today’s Macedonians are proud of those two great historic figures.

Epilog

“We ask them why are they sending us to Albania, and they told us why not Albania, it’s a democratic country? Then I asked them, why should we go to Albania when we have our own country, our Macedonia which is free? In Macedonia we share one language, and belong to one nation…” With these words Piriklija Bogdanov from the village Bapchor answered the border guard when he arrived at the Yugoslav-Greek border. (25)

Let these beautiful words serve as an example of how important it was for an Aegean Macedonian to be integrated into the Macedonian community.

Activities undertaken by the Macedonians from the Aegean part of Macedonia prove that they were and still are always oriented towards bettering Macedonia.

It is important to also emphasize the valuable contribution made to the Republic of Macedonia by determined Macedonians from the Aegean part of Macedonia, who risked their lives in the struggle to protect the Macedonian national consciousness in the decades that followed their “uprooting” from their own homeland.

This year, 60 years will have passed since the mass exodus of the refugee children (Detsa Begaltsi) from the Aegean part of Macedonia, and 60 years from the adoption of the “Universal Declaration of Human Rights”.

Next year will be the 60th anniversary marking the end of the Greek Civil War. But the problem of recognizing the Macedonian nation by the Greek state still remains open. And Greece is considered the cradle of democracy?

Summary

During the 1946 – 1949 Greek Civil War, when military actions were taking place in the territory settled by the Macedonian population, and due to the fact that a considerable number of Macedonians joined the Democratic Army of Greece, the Provisional Democratic Government of Greece carried out the so-called child evacuation program. The majority of children evacuated were Macedonians. They were sent to a number of Eastern European communist block countries and to Yugoslavia. Then, following the normalization of relations between Yugoslavia and Eastern Europe, a process for returning the children to the Republic of Macedonia was initiated. Integration of the refugee children into Macedonian society was of great importance particularly to the process of building a modern Macedonian state.

Sources:

1. DARM fond br.1111 - Republi~ko zdru`enie na decata begalci od Egejskiot del na Makedonija vo Republika Makedonija

Literature:

1. "Istorija na makedonskiot narod" tret del - Skopje, 1963 godina

2. Zbornik "Etni~kite promeni vo Egejska Makedonija vo 20 - iot vek" - Skopje, 2003 godina

3. Fana Martinova Buckova " I nie sme deca na majkata zemja" - Skopje, 1998 godina

4. Mi{o Kitanovski, \or|i Donevski " Deca begalci od Egejska Makedonija vo Jugoslavija" - Skopje, 2003 godina

5. Sokrat Panovski "V'mbel" - Skopje, 2002 godina

6. Hristo Ristovski "Gra`deno" - Skopje, 2001 godina

7. Hristo Ristovski "Lazo Angelovski - u~itel i revlucioner" - Skopje, 2000 godina

8. \or|i Donevski "Bap~or" - Skopje, 1996 godina

9. Monografija za selo German - Skopje, 1979 godina

10. Vangel Ajanovski O~e "Egejski buri" - Skopje, 1975

11. Liljana Panovska "Terorot vo Egejska Makedonija" - Skopje, 1995 godina

12. d-r Stojan Kiselinovski "Gr~kata kolonizacija vo Egejska Makedonija (1913 - 1940)" - Skopje, 1981 godina

13. d-r Risto Kirjazovski "NOF i drugi organizacii na Makedoncite vo Egejska Makedonija ( 1945 - 1949)" Skopje, 1985 godina

14. Dragan Kqaki} "Izgubqena pobeda genarala Markosa - Gra|anski rat u Gr~koj 1946 - 1949 i KPJ" Beograd, 1987 godina

15. Univerzalna Deklaracija za ~ovekovi prava - Skopje 2001 godina

Newspapers and articles

1. Vesnicite "Glas na Egejcite" - od 1 do 41 broj - 1950 - 1953 godina

2.Feqton "Pette stra{ni godini - Egejska Makedonija od d-r Risto Kirjazovski - objaven vo nedelnikot "Makedonsko sonce" od maj 2002 do januari 2003 godina

Se}avawa na `ivi svedoci:

\or|i Donevski od selo Bap~or,

Sevda Demirova, Ta{e i \or|i Borisovski od selo R'bi.

Notes:

(1) Hristo Andonovski "Makedoncite pod Grcija vo borbata protiv fa{izmot (1940 - 1944)" Skopje, 1968 godina str.122

(2) Vangel Ajanovski - O~e "Egejski buri" Skopje, 1975 godina str.139 - 145

(3) Spored se}avawata na drugarkata Evdokija Foteva Vera - borec na Brigadata

(4) d - r Risto Kirjazovski "Pette stra{ni godini - Egejska Makedonija" - feљton vo nedelnikot "Makedonsko sonce" 2002 godina ( prv del)

(5) Spored se}avawata na Sevda Demirova - ~lenka na AF@

(6) Na 10 dekemvri 1948 godina Generalnoto sobranie na Obedinetite nacii ja usvoi i ja proglasi Univerzalnata Deklaracija za ^ovekovi prava. Ovaa deklaracija gi garantira pravata na site lu|e i go opfa}a {irokiot spektar od ekonomski, socijalni, kulturni, politi~ki i gra|anski prava.

(7) Ministerstvo za obrazovanie i nauka - Biro za razvoj na obrazovanieto "Univerzalna deklaracija za ~ovekovi prava"

(8) Dragan Kqaki} "Izgubwena pobeda generala Markosa - Gra|anski rat u Gr~koj 1946 - 1949 i KPJ" Beograd, 1987 godina str.275

(9) Mi{o Kitanovski, \or|i Donevski "Deca begalci od egejska Makedonija vo Jugoslavija" Skopje, 2003 godina str. 42

(10) Документи за учеството на македонскиот народ од егејскиот дел на Македонија во Граѓанската војна во Грција 1948 година том V - Архив на Македонија, Скопје 1981 година; стр. 115 и 116 –

PDV naveduva: "Od imeto na Privremenata demokratska vlada imame ~est da Vi go stavime na znaewe slednovo:

Kako {to mu e poznato na celiot svet и на албанскиот народ, od krajot na 1944 godina amerikanskite i angliskite imperijalisti so nivnite slugi vo Atina sproveduvaat sistematski teror i nastojuvaat da mu nalo`at na gr~kiot narod nova okupacija, edna od najstra{nite i najopasnite dosega {to gi poznava istorijata na Grcija.

Prvite `rtvi na varvarskite napadi se decata, bolnite, invalidite i licata bez za{tita. Pove}eto od tie `rtvi sega se nao|aat vo keliite na smrtta, {to se sozdadeni na gr~kite ostrovi od strana na monarhofa{istite, po naredba na nivnite angloamerikanski gospodari.

Poradi takvata situacija sozdadena e intervencija na angloamerikanskite imperijalisti zaedno so nivnite monarhofa{isti~ki lakei vo Atina, vo posledno vreme iljadnici lica od slobodnite i poluslobodnite teritorii ispra}aat pisma, so koi se obra}aat do Privremenata demokratska vlada i molat da im se obezbedi za{tita na decata, starcite, bolnite i invalidite od tie podra~ja.

So cel da im se spasi `ivotot na tie nevini `rtvi Privremenata demokratska vlada, imaj}i doverba vo ~ove~kite su{testva, re{i da Ve zamoli vo ramkite na svoite mo`nosti da dozvolite da bidat primeni vo Va{ata teritorija izvesen broj deca, starci, bolni i invalidi od Grcija.

Dostavuvaj}i ja gore iznesenata molba neka mi se dozvoli da Ve uveram gospodine Pretsedetele, deka pozitiven odgovor }e bide cenet od gr~kiot narod, za {to toj Vi e dlaboko blagodaren".

(11) Zbornik "Etni~kite promeni vo egejska Makedonija vo 20 vek" Skopje, 2001 godina - Kuzman Georgievski "Makedonskata emigracija od egejskiot del na Makedonija (1945 -1949)" str. 142 - 147

(12) Mi{o Kitanovski, \or|i Donevski " Deca begalci od egejska Makedonija vo Jugoslavija"

(13) Hristo Ristovski "Lazo Angelovski, u~itel i revolucioner" Skopje 2000 godina str. 43

(14) Spored se}avawata na Ta{e i \or|i Borisovski od selo R'bi - Prespa

(15) Fana Martinova Buckova "I nie sme deca na majkata zemja" Skopuje,1998 godina str.115 -162

(16) Mi{o Kitanovski, \or|i Donevski " Deca begalci od Egejska Makedonija vo Jugoslavija" Skopje, 2003 godina str. 45 - 48

(17) Zbornik "Etni~kite promeni vo Egejska Makedonija vo 20 - ot vek" Skopje 2001 godina Vangel Ka~ev "Nekoi etnoistoriski, psihofizi~ki i kulturno - sociolo{ki aspekti vo razvojniot pat na decata progoneti od egejskiot del na Makedonija" - str. 304

(18) Vesnik "Glas na Egejcite" br. 3 od 1 noemvri 1950 str.4 "Do koga }e se ~eka?"

(19) Vesnik "Glas na Egejcite" br. 4 od 1 dekemvri 1950 i od broj 5 - 9 1951

(20) Vesnik "Glas na Egejcite" br. 6 od 4 fevruari 1951 godina str.1

(21) Vesnik "Glas na Egejcite" br. 9 od 2 avgust 1951 godina str. 3

(22) Sokrat Panovski "V'mbel" Skopje, 2002 godina str. 123

(23) Spored se}avawata na \or|i Donevski od selo Bap~or

(24) Od svedo~ewe na pove}e povratnici od Isto~noevropskite zemji

(25) \or|i Donevski "Bap~or" Skopje, 1996 godina str.119
                    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• fyrOM
                      Banned
                      • Feb 2010

Are they not integrated today.

Comment

• Frank
                        Banned
                        • Mar 2010

Agean Macedonians want to be Greek they like it just the way it is

I aint fighting on their behalf better to spend our energy elsewhere

And that is the hard truth
                        Last edited by Frank; 12-12-2010, 05:47 PM.

Comment

• fyrOM
                          Banned
                          • Feb 2010

I meant at least the Egejci in RoM…they even have buildings named after them
                          Eg Egejski Zgradi in Prilep and Bitola that I have heard of.

Comment

• julie
                            • May 2009

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                            Agean Macedonians want to be Greek they like it just the way it is

I aint fighting on their behalf better to spend our energy elsewhere

And that is the hard truth
                            That is quite a comment their Frank.
                            Perhaps the descendants from Aegean Macedonian, myself, one of the admins that i know of and a few others here better stop fighting for sovereignty for RoM then
                            I suggest you have a slight rethink on what you have generalised

Egejskite makedontsi are fighting for RoM because they know what they have endured as Macedonians under suppression with little or NO support from RoM . I actually have taken great offense to your comment
                            "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Prolet
                              • Sep 2009

Frank, The majority of our heroes come from Egejska Makedonija, they are the pride of our people.
                              МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Makedonetz
                                • Apr 2010

I agree with julie people have settled down and started family's but that doesnt mean their hearts don't still burn with Macedonian Pride. My Aunt left Mala Prespa in 1946 with the rest of her brothers and sisters and they went to czech rep. She met her husband and they moved back to Solun where she is still today. Does she want to leave no because she has her kids there and my Uncle just recently passed away (god bless her soul) But she still speaks in Macedonian when my mothers calls her from here in Canada and they still attend small macedonian functions when possible. She had to learn to speak greek but she knows he heart is Macedonia as my grandfather fought like everyones elses here for a Liberated and one Macedonia.
                                Makedoncite se borat
                                za svoite pravdini!

"The one who works for joining of Macedonia to Bulgaria,Greece or Serbia can consider himself as a good Bulgarian, Greek or Serb, but not a good Macedonian"
                                - Goce Delchev

Comment

Working...
                                X