X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MP_MK
    Banned
    • Aug 2009

No one is interested in the "lime light" or 2 minute wonders. If you are entertaining these thoughts, time to move on and think bigger.....

Comment

• indigen
      • May 2009

Originally posted by MP_MK View Post
      CORRECT!

International Macedonian (thought that was obvious) representatives (UMD) from the most politically powerfuil country in the world (USA).

Clear enough?
      Yeah, clear as mud! :-)

What does "most politically powerful" country in the world actually mean in your view?

The WMC is a long established "international Macedonian organization" with a clear Macedonian ideology (unlike the MPO Trojan horse ideology of "UMD") and I am sure they could provide a US representative, e.g Nestor Oginar, if it was warranted or asked for. What about MHRMI and United Macedonians or MAFA and Macedonian American Council –National Center Detroit?

Can we trust an unelected Vrhovist and Ramkovist self-appointed grouping to represent the national interests of Macedonian Australians? Given their track record, I say NO way! Given his track record, Meto is likely to make confused and detrimental comments and thus should never be given any such opportunity, IMO. Meto has stated in letters to US Congress that Herodotus wrote the "Macedonians are Dorians" and this would have the effect of agreeing with the Greeks and Rann and UMD public statments about "Too much nationalism and the ancient rhetoric from Macedonia have damaged our reputation" would add icing to the Greek and Rann claims.

Comment

• Phoenix
        • Dec 2008

No one is interested in the "lime light" or 2 minute wonders. If you are entertaining these thoughts, time to move on and think bigger.....
        This is within the AMHRC's 'sphere of influence'...I don't understand what credentials UMD have to be awarded equal billing...if UMD feel that they can contribute something, they need to contact the AMHRC and then its up to the AMHRC to evaluate the degree of 'help' that they can use.

The AMHRC are running the show, everyone else needs to understand their number position in the queue behind the AMHRC...any other process or uncoordinated initiatives are a waste of time and resources.

Comment

• Vangelovski
          • Sep 2008

CORRECT!

International Macedonian (thought that was obvious) representatives (UMD) from the most politically powerfuil country in the world (USA).

Clear enough?
          Not at all...I think you should explain further. What concrete effect will a self-appointed UMD Board member, who happens to live in the "most politically powerful country in the world" have in these circumstances? Is it that he's self-appointed or that he just happens to live in the US?

In addition, how could he possibly help the Macedonian case with the comments he has previously made - posted by Indigen above?
          If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Volk
            • Sep 2008

Meto has stated in letters to US Congress that Herodotus wrote the "Macedonians are Dorians"
            indigen, can you provide a link or any other proof for this accusation?
            Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• Rogi
              • Sep 2008

MP_MK,

In a roundabout way, are you trying to say that the Australians are suckers for an American accent, regardless of who's speaking? Is that about right?

Comment

• MP_MK
                Banned
                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by indigen View Post
                Yeah, clear as mud! :-)

What does "most politically powerful" country in the world actually mean in your view?

The WMC is a long established "international Macedonian organization" with a clear Macedonian ideology (unlike the MPO Trojan horse ideology of "UMD") and I am sure they could provide a US representative, e.g Nestor Oginar, if it was warranted or asked for. What about MHRMI and United Macedonians or MAFA and Macedonian American Council –National Center Detroit?

Can we trust an unelected Vrhovist and Ramkovist self-appointed grouping to represent the national interests of Macedonian Australians? Given their track record, I say NO way! Given his track record, Meto is likely to make confused and detrimental comments and thus should never be given any such opportunity, IMO. Meto has stated in letters to US Congress that Herodotus wrote the "Macedonians are Dorians" and this would have the effect of agreeing with the Greeks and Rann and UMD public statments about "Too much nationalism and the ancient rhetoric from Macedonia have damaged our reputation" would add icing to the Greek and Rann claims.

My view means nothing. The fact is- USA is and remains to be the most politically powerful country in the world.

The WMC, MHRMI or MAFA do not have a representative arriving in Adelaide tomorrow. Striking while the iron is hot would be favourable.

If I have not explained clearly enough in previous posts regarding the unifed approach on this matter, please re-read my previous replies.

Comment

• MP_MK
                  Banned
                  • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                  This is within the AMHRC's 'sphere of influence'...I don't understand what credentials UMD have to be awarded equal billing...if UMD feel that they can contribute something, they need to contact the AMHRC and then its up to the AMHRC to evaluate the degree of 'help' that they can use.

The AMHRC are running the show, everyone else needs to understand their number position in the queue behind the AMHRC...any other process or uncoordinated initiatives are a waste of time and resources.

AMHRC are more designed to spearjead the human rights aspect of the movement, not the political aspect. There are more than one points of attck available to us (as stated in previous replies)

The AMHRC are not "running the show". The AMHRC are a fantastic group, however this particular matter is being addressed through a unified apporach.

Comment

• MP_MK
                    Banned
                    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                    Not at all...I think you should explain further. What concrete effect will a self-appointed UMD Board member, who happens to live in the "most politically powerful country in the world" have in these circumstances? Is it that he's self-appointed or that he just happens to live in the US?

In addition, how could he possibly help the Macedonian case with the comments he has previously made - posted by Indigen above?

I am still waiting eagerly to learn what you have done for the cause?

Comment

• Vangelovski
                      • Sep 2008

My view means nothing. The fact is- USA is and remains to be the most politically powerful country in the world.

The WMC, MHRMI or MAFA do not have a representative arriving in Adelaide tomorrow. Striking while the iron is hot would be favourable.

If I have not explained clearly enough in previous posts regarding the unifed approach on this matter, please re-read my previous replies.
                      I'm going to have to call your "international approach" amateurish again - simply allowing Meto to take the interview because he is from the US is ridiculous. He has made too many public statements that are contrary to the Macedonian cause and has no understanding of the issues (political or legal) in Australia.
                      If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• indigen
                        • May 2009

Originally posted by Volk View Post
                        indigen, can you provide a link or any other proof for this accusation?
                        I have posted it here (MTO Forums) somewhere but a Google search (which is what I used to find the letters posted on Maknews) with search terms "Koloski Macedonians are Dorians" should provide the link.

Comment

• Phoenix
                          • Dec 2008

AMHRC are more designed to spearjead the human rights aspect of the movement, not the political aspect. There are more than one points of attck available to us (as stated in previous replies)

The AMHRC are not "running the show". The AMHRC are a fantastic group, however this particular matter is being addressed through a unified apporach.
                          I think its strictly a human rights issue but lets assume a political component exists, what on Earth are UMD's qualifications in this regard...?

Comment

• MP_MK
                            Banned
                            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Rogi View Post
                            MP_MK,

In a roundabout way, are you trying to say that the Australians are suckers for an American accent, regardless of who's speaking? Is that about right?

Rogi, in many ways you know you are correct.

Throw an american accent on the tv with the origins being "Washington DC" and screen it in a little old town like Adelaide ...it will have the desired effect. But so too on a national level.

Comment

• Phoenix
                              • Dec 2008

Rogi, in many ways you know you are correct.

Throw an american accent on the tv with the origins being "Washington DC" and screen it in a little old town like Adelaide ...it will have the desired effect. But so too on a national level.

You're kidding yourself mate...

Comment

• Vangelovski
                                • Sep 2008

I am still waiting eagerly to learn what you have done for the cause?
                                Seeing as you know "everyone", perhaps you should talk to your colleagues in Melbourne, Sydney and Canberra/Queanbeyan about my contribution to the cause.

Comment

Working...
                                X