X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warrior
    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Rogi View Post
    Warrior, what does UMD have to do with the Macedonian Film Festival in Melbourne which is organised by the independent Macedonian Film Festival Inc. and how does sponsorship of the Macedonian Film Festival in Melbourne in any way relate to UMD? They are not related organisations.

You seem to have your wires crossed about the Macedonian organisations and groups in the Diaspora.
    Not at all. The people that i was in contact for that event are UMD members and support their policies. Also UMD had an input of how that event should be organised. Those same people are also part of the VMRO orgnisation in Melbourne. Dont you think there is a connection??

Comment

• Rogi
      • Sep 2008

UMD had an input of how the event should be organised? I'm afraid you are mistaken.

And there's no connection between UMD and VMRO-DPMNE foreign committee any more than any Macedonian diaspora groups have a 'connection' (i.e. all activists know each other).

You really missed the mark, I saw your emails and why you pulled out from sponsoring the event and it was really disappointing, because UMD had nothing to do with the Film Festival in Melbourne.

Comment

• Rogi
        • Sep 2008

Cuba Libre in Ohrid is great

Comment

• Prolet
          • Sep 2009

Rogi, There is a Cuba Libre in SutoMore, are you sure its not the same one?
          МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• blackcactus
            • Sep 2008

All I see are a lot of Macedonians on a merry go round
            The one who tells the story rules the World - Hopi proverb

“Your highness, when I said that you are like a stream of bat's piss, I only meant that you shine out like a shaft of gold when all around is dark” - Monty Python

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
              • Oct 2009

Religious Freedom and Human Rights in Greece

This guy is a real friend to Macedonia and Macedonians:

YouTube - Speech of Joseph Grieboski at UMD Global Conference 2009
              Last edited by UMDiaspora.org; 01-09-2010, 11:24 AM. Reason: grammatical error
              For comments, questions, concerns, please contact us at:

United Macedonian Diaspora
              http://www.umdiaspora.org

1101 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, 6th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20004, United States
              Phone: (202) 756-2244, Fax: (202) 756-7323, E-mail: [email protected]

PO Box 2153, Hawthorn, Vic. 3122, Australia
              Phone: 0438 385 466, E-mail: [email protected]

3555 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, ON, M1K 1L6, Canada
              Phone: 416-209-0448, E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                • Oct 2009

He will call Macedonia Macedonia

YouTube - Interview With Daniel P. Serwer - UMD Global Conference 2009

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                  • Oct 2009

Strong Support from George Atanasoski

YouTube - Interview with George Atanasoski from Makedonsko Sonce

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                    • Oct 2009

Interview with Meto Koloski

YouTube - UMD Conference - Interview with Metodija Koloski

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                      • Oct 2009

Speech by UMD Chairman and Vice President Aleksandar Mitreski

YouTube - Speech of UMD VP Aleksandar Mitreski During Human Rights Luncheon UMD Global Conference 2009

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                        • Oct 2009

Kalash are Macedonians

YouTube - KALASH ARE MACEDONIANS

Comment

• Buktop
                          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Rogi View Post
                          UMD had an input of how the event should be organised? I'm afraid you are mistaken.

And there's no connection between UMD and VMRO-DPMNE foreign committee any more than any Macedonian diaspora groups have a 'connection' (i.e. all activists know each other).

You really missed the mark, I saw your emails and why you pulled out from sponsoring the event and it was really disappointing, because UMD had nothing to do with the Film Festival in Melbourne.
                          That is just great... So now we are letting our blind hatred of UMD detract from other events? We really need to start opening our eyes people.
                          "I'm happy to answer any question and I don't hide from that"

Never once say you walk upon your final way
                          though skies of steel obscure the blue of day.
                          Our long awaited hour will draw near
                          and our footsteps will thunder - We are Here!

Comment

• Buktop
                            • Oct 2009

Gradishte is probably the biggest beach for tourism. There is a place called Izgrev which also drew in big crowds but has not seen much attention in recent years.
                            "I'm happy to answer any question and I don't hide from that"

Never once say you walk upon your final way
                            though skies of steel obscure the blue of day.
                            Our long awaited hour will draw near
                            and our footsteps will thunder - We are Here!

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Buktop View Post
                              That is just great... So now we are letting our blind hatred of UMD detract from other events? We really need to start opening our eyes people.
                              I used to think this was our Macedonian Curse (not Cause) when Macedonians went against each other. But I then started to notice the bickering in amongst other communities.

The Macedonians have an extra layer of complexity in that some people still push a policy of division. None of our neighbours try to split their country up by pretending to be Serbians/Bulgars etc. There will always be question marks over the actions of many Macedonian organisations.

The film event was a wonderful idea, who cares where or how the idea came from.
                              Risto the Great
                              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Dimko-piperkata
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Bratot View Post
                                The 31 Places to Go in 2010

21. Macedonia

One of the deepest lakes on the planet, with a dazzling Unesco World Heritage site of ancient dwellings rising high above its shores, Lake Ohrid in Macedonia is a local vacation star poised for greater international acclaim.

In the tiered, terra-cotta-roofed city of Ohrid, 18 miles from the Albanian border, a lakefront settlement dating back to Neolithic times, Macedonians boast that on their side of the lake is a church, monastery or mosque for every day of the year, each full of resplendent frescoes, mosaics and icons. Notable attractions include the recently renovated church of St. Clement and St. Panteleimon at Plaosnik, an epic Byzantine masterpiece, and the 13th-century St. John of Kaneo, a limestone and brick monastery that juts out over transparent blue waters.

An estimated $50 million renovation of the Ohrid Airport is planned for 2010, with more international flights expected by summer, and up to six new luxury hotels are in the works, including a $33 million property with construction scheduled to begin in March. Tourist attractions on Ohrid’s beaches were upgraded last year with swank bars and dining spots complimented by bamboo and leather couchettes, with the hot spot Cuba Libre (www.cubalibreohrid.com) leading the way.

Meanwhile, new government-financed archaeological digs around the lake regularly unearth treasures, like the 17 fifth-century tombs discovered last July. The find follows the 2008 opening of the Museum on Water, a re-created Bronze Age village built on stilts incorporating Ohrid artifacts. — Dinah Spritzer
                                excellent news...and there is MUCH more to discover
                                1) Macedonians belong to the "older" Mediterranean substratum...
                                2) Macedonians are not related with geographically close Greeks, who do not belong to the "older" Mediterranenan substratum...

Comment

Working...
                                X