X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lerinec
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by TrueMacedonian View Post
    We should also take into account that the Serbs were trying to Serbianize the population in Vardar Macedonia with brutal tactics such as burning down centuries old monasteries and torture of individuals. This could also be a reason why he sides with the Bulgars even though he does not state this. Didn't Misirkov have a very strong view against the Serbs around the same time? I'm not trying to downplay what the Bulgars were and are doing in Pirin either. It just becomes matter of opinion at the time I guess.

Back in the time, Macedonians weren't afraid from Serbs or Bulgars, they were afraid from the Macedonians themselves. It doesn't hurt when a stranger stubs a knife into your back, but, indeed, hurts when a brother stubs a knife into your back!

you got my point

Macedonians were never afraid from anything, as a matter of fact our existence through out the years it's a proof that we are the bravest in the world!
    Со илјадници години немаме намера да се предаваме, ОТИ МАКЕДОНИЈА Е ПОСТАРА И ОД ГОРОЦВЕТОТ И ОД НОЖОТ!!!

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Lerinec View Post
      I live in R. of Macedonia, but I do go there from time to time.
      I got family,houses,land,trees, I got everything there, and let me tell you something you don't know, Greeks are not allowed to come in Oshcima!
      There is a big panel sign at the beginning of the village that states Melliti Greece, the Macedonian population that counts 97% erased Melliti Greece, and wrote Oschima, Macedonia! Let's say this village is like a country inside a a country (држава во држава). Where are you from?
      Are you sure?
      Meliti has a real Macedonian name of Voshtareni/Ovcharani.
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Rogi
        • Sep 2008

During the Ovcharani panagir, where thousands of Macedonians get together, there is also a Greek one running parallel to it, just 50 meters away. The Greek one in 2008 had about 8-10 people plus a band.

They were forced to listen to Macedonian and watch my friends and I dance and sing in Macedonian at the restaurant right next to them (which had a Macedonian band playing Macedonian musc). Our music was intentionally louder than theirs.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
          • Jan 2009

Bump, showed this topic to a bulgarophil after heinsisted that Tito brainwashed Macedonians and he just brushed it off saying it’s not a credible source lol.
          Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
            • Apr 2014

Originally posted by TrueMacedonian View Post
            Bump, showed this topic to a bulgarophil after heinsisted that Tito brainwashed Macedonians and he just brushed it off saying it’s not a credible source lol.
            Do you have the next page? Curious to see the justification for not fighting on the Serbs' side.
            I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• vicsinad
              • May 2011

Let me post some more about V.N. Madoloff because he came up in my research for my 'Macedonians in America' book.

His full name is Velko Nikola Madoloff. He was born in 1880 in what is listed as Belitsa in Aegean Macedonia (His World War 2 draft card simply says Beliza, Macedonia, and 1940 US Census says Greece...in the 1920 Census he listed his birthplace as Macedonia but it was crossed out and Greece was written over it; in 1930 Census it was just Macedonia). Apparently, as he tells it, the Turks killed his father when Velko was just a boy. He fled to Bulgaria at age eleven, where he joined Bulgaria's army and swore to avenge his father's death. He was then sent by IMRO to speak in US on the Macedonian situation and plead for Western support/money. He settled in southern California and joined the US Army around 1910 or 1911.

He wrote several articles for the newspapers, including that NY Times one, which was definitely pro-Macedonian. IN an Oakland Tribune article in 1915, he explains why he believed Bulgaria was Macedonia's best bet:

"Bulgaria must have Macedonia as the price of her entry into the war on the side of the allies. It is her rightful due, especially as the people in many of the towns and territories in that country favor Bulgaria's cause. At the time of the Balkan war 20,000 volunteers from Macedonia joined the Bulgarian army. The inhabitants of Macedonia realize that they would receive more freedom in religion and other matters from Bulgaria than from any other of the Balkan states."

Like many Macedonians of the time, he felt that Bulgaria was a better bet for protecting Macedonians' freedoms. After World War I, we see how he distances himself from Bulgaria's cause.

He died in 1962 in Alameda, California.

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
                • Apr 2014

Originally posted by vicsinad View Post
                Let me post some more about V.N. Madoloff because he came up in my research for my 'Macedonians in America' book.

His full name is Velko Nikola Madoloff. He was born in 1880 in what is listed as Belitsa in Aegean Macedonia (His World War 2 draft card simply says Beliza, Macedonia, and 1940 US Census says Greece...in the 1920 Census he listed his birthplace as Macedonia but it was crossed out and Greece was written over it; in 1930 Census it was just Macedonia). Apparently, as he tells it, the Turks killed his father when Velko was just a boy. He fled to Bulgaria at age eleven, where he joined Bulgaria's army and swore to avenge his father's death. He was then sent by IMRO to speak in US on the Macedonian situation and plead for Western support/money. He settled in southern California and joined the US Army around 1910 or 1911.

He wrote several articles for the newspapers, including that NY Times one, which was definitely pro-Macedonian. IN an Oakland Tribune article in 1915, he explains why he believed Bulgaria was Macedonia's best bet:

"Bulgaria must have Macedonia as the price of her entry into the war on the side of the allies. It is her rightful due, especially as the people in many of the towns and territories in that country favor Bulgaria's cause. At the time of the Balkan war 20,000 volunteers from Macedonia joined the Bulgarian army. The inhabitants of Macedonia realize that they would receive more freedom in religion and other matters from Bulgaria than from any other of the Balkan states."

Like many Macedonians of the time, he felt that Bulgaria was a better bet for protecting Macedonians' freedoms. After World War I, we see how he distances himself from Bulgaria's cause.

He died in 1962 in Alameda, California.

Did he seek for the incorporation of Macedonia into Bulgaria permanently or just temporarily so that Bulgaria could help form an independent Macedonia?
                I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

Working...
                X