Macedonian Truth Forum   

Go Back   Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian Truth Forum > Exposing Lies and Propaganda

Old 09-04-2008, 06:06 PM   #11
Daskalot

Daskalot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatso View Post
Why would you say it's propaganda , when there are Greeks in Romania and other Balkan countries who Grandparents were taken from their parents and shipped to communist countries. My mother has a neighbour who is Greek from Romania ...who witnessed first hand these abductions.
Of course everything is not black and white, there must have been some children of Greek communists that were sent to eastern Europe, but the bulk of them were and still are Ethnic Macedonians from the Greek part of Macedonia.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:18 PM   #12
Makedonia
Banned

Makedonia is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daskalot View Post
Of course everything is not black and white, there must have been some children of Greek communists that were sent to eastern Europe, but the bulk of them were and still are Ethnic Macedonians from the Greek part of Macedonia.
I have heard of several versions, one talks of the communist Bulgarians stealing them, the other talks of the retreating Greek communists, and the other talks of the Greek Royalists stealing the kids.

Who stole these children.?
Makedonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 06:44 PM   #13
MapleLeaf1

MapleLeaf1 is on a distinguished road

What about the version of the greek army( be it communist or royalist) trying to kill the women and children as they fled
No wait that doesnt seem to fit into your so called versions
MapleLeaf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 06:47 PM   #14
Makedonia
Banned

Makedonia is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleLeaf1 View Post
What about the version of the greek army( be it communist or royalist) trying to kill the women and children as they fled
No wait that doesnt seem to fit into your so called versions
So the Greek army both communist and royalist stole the children according to your sources Maple.

No Bulgarian army involvement whatsoever?
Makedonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 07:04 PM   #15
Risto the Great

Risto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daskalot View Post
Absolutely.
And of particular amazement to me is the mother of a friend of mine. He is pure Greek ... his mother comes from Northern Greece (near Salonika), his father from ... ... Constantinople. Well, his Mother used to speak "that language" as a child ... got shipped out to Czech Republic and then came back a pure Greek.

Go figure.

"Holding my breath for the revolution."
Risto the Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 07:10 PM   #16
El Bre

El Bre is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risto the Great View Post
Absolutely.
And of particular amazement to me is the mother of a friend of mine. He is pure Greek ... his mother comes from Northern Greece (near Salonika), his father from ... ... Constantinople. Well, his Mother used to speak "that language" as a child ... got shipped out to Czech Republic and then came back a pure Greek.

Go figure.
While in Hungary, my mother was taught Greek and Hungarian. The children spoke Macedonian amongst themselves. By the time she was reunited with her family, she spoke nearly no Macedonian.

Last edited by El Bre; 09-04-2008 at 07:13 PM.
El Bre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 07:16 PM   #17
Risto the Great

Risto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bre View Post
While in Hungary, my mother was taught Greek and Hungarian. The children spoke Macedonian amongst themselves. By the time she was reunited with her family, she spoke nearly no Macedonian.
So just imagine if her family decided to adopt the Greek mentality after a thorough "ethnocide" in Greece. Your Mother would have been 100% Greek now and none would be the wiser.

Many of our antagonists are the product of these machinations.

"Holding my breath for the revolution."
Risto the Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 07:21 PM   #18
fatso

fatso is on a distinguished road

A bulk of these children were Macedonian , but there was also a Greek contingent.
fatso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 07:28 PM   #19
El Bre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risto the Great View Post
So just imagine if her family decided to adopt the Greek mentality after a thorough "ethnocide" in Greece. Your Mother would have been 100% Greek now and none would be the wiser.

Many of our antagonists are the product of these machinations.
Your absolutely right RtG. Thankfully, my mother came home to a family who were what they had always been...Macedonian.

As far as her being abducted by any faction, I can say unequivocally that she was not. She was sent away by her mother in order to spare her from the horrors of war along with nearly 200 other children of the same village.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:44 PM   #20
El Bre

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatso View Post
A bulk of these children were Macedonian , but there was also a Greek contingent.
The strange thing is, i've known begaltsi my whole life and the only people who speak of abduction is the Greek contingent. Why do you think that is?

And another question, why are they called detsa begaltsi and not detsa utkradeni?

Last edited by El Bre; 09-04-2008 at 07:47 PM.