Macedonian Truth Forum   

Go Back   Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian Truth Forum > Exposing Lies and Propaganda

Old 06-16-2011, 05:07 AM   #11
rosetta
Banned

rosetta is on a distinguished road

It says: ΘΕΣΣΑΛΟΝΙΚΗΝ ΦΙΛΙΠΠΟΥ ΒΑΣΙΛΙΣΣΑΝ, (Thessalonicen Philippou Vasilissan), i.e. To Queen Thessalonice, (Daughter) of Philip
It was on the base of a statue (apparently of Thessalonice). It’s probably the most ancient inscription/ reference to Thessalonice. It’s exposed in the Archaeological Museum of Thessaloniki.

Last edited by rosetta; 06-16-2011 at 10:49 AM.
rosetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 05:15 AM   #12
Bill77

Bill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosetta View Post
Bill77,
That's a great one-liner.
Well i thought it was obvious. Many (if not all) artifacts depicting a person that is dug out of Greece proper, has a negro presence eg: http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum...&postcount=236

Its fair to say these artifacts represent the type of people inhabited the area of those times. When you look at the finding you posted (assuming it was from Solun) clearly she was a different colour/race than her neighbors.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:21 AM   #13
Daskalot

Daskalot is on a distinguished road

Good, what you say is true, but one point needs clarification; when you say in reference to Thessalonice you mean the daughter of Filip and not the city correct?
Old 06-16-2011, 06:40 AM   #14
RitaC

RitaC is on a distinguished road

Travolta is a Grk stooge. One of of a few that i suspect troll this forum.

He's taken a sentance, translated it using a Grk translater and then claimed that is not Grk.

The reason he is doing this should be obvious.
RitaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:31 AM   #15
TRAVOLTA

TRAVOLTA is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitaC View Post
Travolta is a Grk stooge. One of of a few that i suspect troll this forum.

He's taken a sentance, translated it using a Grk translater and then claimed that is not Grk.

The reason he is doing this should be obvious.
ˇ"Edinstveno mesto kade mozhish da se silish a da ne jadish kjotek":
TRAVOLTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:53 AM   #16
rosetta
Banned

I should make a small correction here
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosetta View Post
The Eastern Gate of the city was called Cassandriotice (i.e. Gate of Cassander)
This was the Eastern exit of the city, leading SE to Cassandria of Chalcidice, which in turn took its' name from Cassander. So the name of the gate is because of Cassandria.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daskalot View Post
Good, what you say is true, but one point needs clarification; when you say in reference to Thessalonice you mean the daughter of Filip and not the city correct?
I believe so. I will correct Wikipedia which translates it as "Thessaloniki Queen of Phillip [sic]". I don't know if other people give different interpretations and I hope I'm not wrong.

Last edited by rosetta; 06-16-2011 at 10:01 AM.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:59 AM   #17
rosetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill77 View Post
Well i thought it was obvious. Many (if not all) artifacts depicting a person that is dug out of Greece proper, has a negro presence
There is solid evidence against that. Look at the nose. Look at the size. Look at the colour.

Last edited by rosetta; 06-16-2011 at 12:27 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:32 AM   #18
momce
Banned

momce is on a distinguished road

Do the greeks even allow people to cross test their findings and digs etc? I read somewhere one of their researchers was not allowed to return to Siwa, Egypt because of funky stuff. Who knows what goes on with what they "find" in greece(if its even real etc or they may even be constructing these archaological sites themselves). I noticed the Siwa incident(the supposed finding of Alexanders tomb)had the same pattern as publication of findings in greece(big find, turns out to be bogus, greek researcher not allowed back) except for the foreign oversight. Of course we know now most of the greek claims of the Vergina digs are also bogus since they were studied by foreign teams. Its my view these charades are highly organised in greece. You have to ask yourself why would they do things like that? Only answer is that the whole place is a scam even its historical institutes to enrich a small group of exogenous families.

Last edited by momce; 01-14-2013 at 08:18 AM.
momce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:44 AM   #19
George S.

George S. is on a distinguished road

with the advent of its all greek or macedonia is greek the greek govt has paid people to rewrite books omitting vital info & allowing their own interpretation.So according to the greeks they are macedonians & they have a history spanning 4000 years even though they been for less than 3000 years on the greek peninsula.
"Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
GOTSE DELCEV
George S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:14 AM   #20
momce
Banned

momce is on a distinguished road

They are not even "Hellenic". Do they think modern greek is a Hellenic language? I dont think so. People from the northlands are more Dorian and closer to PIE. I have no problem with using the term Hellenic(although one may have to even throw that out and just use Dorian) but it doesnt mean Ionian-Pelagasian, greek orthodox or modern greek or anything. The ancient world itself was incoherent. Thats why England shouldnt give the Elgin Marbles back. They are already with their rightful owners the Anglo-Germans. The roums already lost their marbles a long time.
momce is offline   Reply With Quote