X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Makedonika is not a greek dialect!!

Makedonika is how the Macedonian language would be named in 'Greek', it is not a 'Greek' dialect.

I CHALLENGE ANY GREEK TO PROVIDE ME DOCUMENTS FROM THE OTTOMAN PERIOD IN MACEDONIA THAT SPEAK OF MAKEDONIKA AS A "GREEK" DIALECT.

Any irrelevant links to useless websites that do not cite credible documents from the abovementioned era will be deleted.

If you 'Greeks' believe this lie to be so true, then prove it, the world watches.
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.
  • osiris
    • Sep 2008

som if they didnt speak greek in athens why the hell would they be speaking greek in "greek" macedonia.

Comment

• Svoliani
      Banned
      • Sep 2008

EDIT by SOM: Are you having trouble reading? I wouldn't push my luck.

I have transferred your post to the Allan Upward thread where it will be addressed accordingly and with relevance.

Unless you can show me an example of a 'Greek' dialect recorded as "Makedonika" during the Ottoman period then you have no business being on this thread.

Makedonika is the Greek way of calling the Macedonian language. Do you have a problem with it? Address it with the family and descendants of Pavlos Melas.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by osiris View Post
        som if they didnt speak greek in athens why the hell would they be speaking greek in "greek" macedonia.
        They wouldn't Osiris, and the silence in this thread confirms it yet again.
        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• osiris
          • Sep 2008

why just the ottoman period som, let them provide one example of makedonika from any period. i am still waiting to see what the fabled ancient greek makedonika sounded like, one little inscription from phillips time.

but there is none the only greek ever spoken in macedonia is the greek of the south, because there is no macedonian version or dialect of greek.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

Here are some excerpts taken from a book written by Anastasia Karakasidou, a descendant of Turkish-speaking Christians that were settled in the modern Greek state during the 1920's. The author of the book had travelled to some regions in Greek-occupied Macedonia and recorded interviews and events concerning the local

Several references to the Macedonian language as 'Makedonika' by Macedonians and non-Macedonians in Greek-occupied Macedonia.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

Kottas speaks Macedonian (Makedonika)............... -- Pavlos Melas, 1904.

Comment

• Dejan
                • Sep 2008

...oh the silence...
                You want Macedonia? Come and take it from my blood!

A prosperous, independent and free Macedonia for Macedonians will be the ultimate revenge to our enemies.

Comment

• osiris
                  • Sep 2008

i would like one example of this so called greek makedonika. a word a phrase and accent anything that makes it different and unique within the greek world. this has got to be the most bullshit claim ever made by the neo greeks. never in my 58 years have i heard of anygreek call the greek langauge spoken in occupied macedonia makedonika, its always been and proudly at that ellenika.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

Hello? Elinichari?

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                      • Sep 2008

1904 (Melas, Letters)
                      Omilise, Makedonika, o Kottas (Kote speaks Macedonian).

1908 (Upward, East End of Europe)
                      It was Macedonian, a word to which he gave the Slav form of Makedonski, but which I was to hear farther north in the Greek form of Makedonike..............

1920 (Greek Census based on native language)
                      Makedoniki............

Sometime after this period and during the refugee settlements, Greece began to take their distortion of facts to a higher level, and from the supression of information to the complete supression of the Macedonian identity and language.

1928 (Greek Census based on native language - Name imposed by Greek state)
                      Makedonoslaviki.............Makedonoglosson...................

Eventually they were totally brainwashed, 98% Greeks in Greece was the official position of the state, using the Christian faith as an identity marker while cunningly trying to present it as a homogeneous group of people.

Comment

Working...
                      X