Macedonian Truth Forum   

Go Back   Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian Truth Forum > Exposing Lies and Propaganda

Old 01-05-2010, 10:50 PM   #101
Buktop

Buktop is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risto the Great View Post
Not everyone Buktop.
As an example, the UMD have not agreed with them yet.
Sorry RtG, typo, I meant to say most.
Buktop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:59 PM   #102
Vangelovski

Vangelovski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buktop View Post
Are you talking about legally required activities as a 501(c)(3) charitable organization or just an expected disclosure of some sort?
I'm not talking about disclosures - I'm talking about governance and policy making - isn't that what the conversation was about?
If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams
Vangelovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:07 PM   #103
Prolet

Prolet is on a distinguished road

Tajnata Kinga, Its ov or ev its Goce Delcev not Gotse Deltcheff

Quote:
What about those offices? I'd rather one office spreading the right message than a thousand offices spreading the wrong message.

I havn't been a part of UMD for two years, so I'm no longer familiar with their financial situation.
Vangelovski, True however you surly had information about how the organization was going to be financed its a long term plan, they dont survive on the amount of members they have surly. Metodija said in an interview that they had just over 4000 members and over 50,000 supporters world wide.

Quote:
Prolet, the parishoners of these churches were ordinary Macedonians like you and me. You couldn't just build a church, you needed a patron. The villages that these people came from probably had a Bulgarian church to begin with. Hence the affiliation.
El Bre, Spolaj Ti we had a similar problem before when we lost our church Sveti Kiril i Metodij to the Bulgarians, we also lost a church to the Serbs so enough is enough.
Prolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:09 PM   #104
Risto the Great

Risto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vangelovski View Post
RtG, is there a consolidated list on here of the goals?
I am not sure I understand what you mean Vangelovski.
Here is the subject of our ongoing focus of late:
http://macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1303

"Holding my breath for the revolution."
Risto the Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:10 PM   #105
Vangelovski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prolet View Post

Vangelovski, True however you surly had information about how the organization was going to be financed its a long term plan, they dont survive on the amount of members they have surly. Metodija said in an interview that they had just over 4000 members and over 50,000 supporters world wide.

El Bre, Spolaj Ti we had a similar problem before when we lost our church Sveti Kiril i Metodij to the Bulgarians, we also lost a church to the Serbs so enough is enough.
I think Meto is way overstating UMDs membership and support. New funding from outside sources can come along at any stage. UMD certainly did not have that type of funding while I was there.
If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams
Old 01-05-2010, 11:12 PM   #106
Vangelovski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risto the Great View Post
I am not sure I understand what you mean Vangelovski.
Here is the subject of our ongoing focus of late:
http://macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1303
I just mean is there a clean version of it - everyone seems to be making suggestions in posts - has it all been put together somewhere where we can just read the document?

Old 01-05-2010, 11:14 PM   #107
Risto the Great

Risto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond repute

The first post in that thread reflects a number of the suggestions and is relatively "clean".
It has probably been updated about 10 times since it was originally posted by Rogi in the first instance.

"Holding my breath for the revolution."
Risto the Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:21 PM   #108
TajnataKniga

TajnataKniga is on a distinguished road
Default -off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prolet View Post
prolet, sorry but when my family left macedonia over 75 years ago they put down -off because in the english language its equivalent to -ov.

the last name of a person should not dictate their allegiance to the macedonian cause. i have cousins who are super macedonian but don't even have macedonian last names.
TajnataKniga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:55 PM   #109
Soldier of Macedon

Soldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond repute

Wether it is 'Ov' or 'Off' does not determine the ethnicity of a person, TajnataKniga is correct in saying that 'Off' was used because it is more phonetically suitable in English.

Having said that though, Even the surname Donevski can sound like Doneff-ski, so I do think it should've remained as an 'Ov' for everybody, as I don't think catering to other languages is healthy or necessary. Let the westerners write Delcheff in their English newspapers, we should stick to our own and keep it as Delchev.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:57 PM   #110
Phoenix

Phoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buktop View Post
Phoenix, my comment about Vangelovski being unreasonable is concerning our previous debates and my assessment of his character, not his questions concerning UMD.

Read my previous posts, I have no problem with questioning UMD, I am just stating my opinion. Why is it so wrong for me to support UMD? Why are you portraying those who criticize as victims of blind followers?

On your final point, see my posts in the Macedonian Cause thread because this is exactly what I am talking about when I say the difference in approach causes the argument, everyone agrees on the goals.
Buktop, I think its a bit rich calling Vangelovski "unreasonable" and your assessment of his character based on some previous debate is a bit silly, to say the least.

I don't believe Vangelovski has strayed from his ideas of where Macedonia should be heading, there's nothing "unreasonable" about that, Vangelovski's ideas are pretty much in tune with the vast majority
of Macedonians.

Didn't you say you were glad he wasn't in UMD any longer...?

To put it to you in another way Buktop, the Macedonian people need many more Vangelovski's in their ranks because the Buktop's of this world are too busy pulling splinters out of their arse from sitting on fences for too long...
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote