Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Momce Makedonce
    • Jul 2012

Well done to the lads, they seem like such a passionate bunch!! This was long overdue.

What month is the Euro Championship?
    "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

• DraganOfStip
      • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Momce Makedonce View Post
      What month is the Euro Championship?
      June 16th - 30th, the venue in Poland will be decided after the group draw.
      ”A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices”
      ― George Orwell

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
        • Jul 2012

Originally posted by DraganOfStip View Post
        June 16th - 30th, the venue in Poland will be decided after the group draw.
        Wow that is fantastic!! I am thinking of being in Europe throughout the summer anyway so this works out brilliantly. Looks like I might be visiting Poland as well.
        "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
          • Apr 2014

Highlights from Preston (Makedonia) Lions FC game against the Greek-backed FC Clifton Hill last week. Listen to the chants: https://www.facebook.com/footballvic...1625438525482/
          I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Solun
            • Sep 2012

I've always found it interesting how many of Bulgaria's top footballers are born in Pirin Macedonia. Delev, who just scored 2 goals against the Netherlands, is born in Pirin. Of the 22 players in the current national squad, 7 are born in Pirin which is well out of proportion relative to the nation's population.

Mitko Berbatov (ex Man Utd) who was until recently playing in Solun is of course from Pirin.

Aside from Pirin, Hristo Stoichkov and Georghe Hagi would always discuss amongst themselves their mutual roots from Aegean Macedonia.

Comment

• Apr 2014

Discovered a Greek club based in Adelaide (Australia) called 'SAlisbury FLorina' and claims it was established soon after the establishment of the "Greek-Macedonian" club 'Florina' in the 1960's. Can anyone confirm the existant of a club under the name of 'Florina' in 1960's Adelaide and if so, did they actually refer to themselves as "Greek Macedonians"

Link to their facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pg/SALISBUR...=page_internal
              Last edited by Liberator of Makedonija; 04-27-2017, 04:08 AM.
              I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

They are mostly Macedonians suffering from an identity crisis. They've been around as long as Macedonia United has here in Adelaide. Most Egejci would have some relatives or friends who have been associated with them. Interestingly, many of the children ... Now in their 30s, 40s, 50s can't understand what is Greek on them.
                Risto the Great
                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Apr 2014

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                  They are mostly Macedonians suffering from an identity crisis. They've been around as long as Macedonia United has here in Adelaide. Most Egejci would have some relatives or friends who have been associated with them. Interestingly, many of the children ... Now in their 30s, 40s, 50s can't understand what is Greek on them.
                  Macedonia United was founded in 2009 though? THis club was founded in 1970

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

MU Findon existed long before what you have indicated. How do I know? My father was the president of the club for many years. I believe it dates back to the 1950's.
                    Risto the Great

Comment

• Apr 2014

MU Findon existed long before what you have indicated. How do I know? My father was the president of the club for many years. I believe it dates back to the 1950's.
                      Fair enough

Comment

• Bill77
                        • Oct 2009

It's the other Football...... Aussie rules

First female umpire to officiate an AFL game this weekend.
                        Eleni Glouftsis from Sth Australia (just wandering Chris since she is from your neck of the woods, would you know anything about her). A Macedonian page on FB is claiming her as Macedonian. I've came across Macedonian girls going by the name "Lena" but never a "Eleni"

South Australia's Eleni Glouftsis is set to become the first woman to oversee an AFL home-and-away match when she officiates in Sunday's match between Essendon and West Coast.
                        http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Karposh
                          • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
                          It's the other Football...... Aussie rules

First female umpire to officiate an AFL game this weekend.
                          Eleni Glouftsis from Sth Australia (just wandering Chris since she is from your neck of the woods, would you know anything about her). A Macedonian page on FB is claiming her as Macedonian. I've came across Macedonian girls going by the name "Lena" but never a "Eleni"

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-05-1...-debut/8528732
                          If she is Macedonian then the give away would be her surname rather than her Christian name. My guess would be that her original family name was Gloufchev before it was changed to Glouftsis. To use a tried and tested method of etymologising words and names to prove Greek roots of words, Gloufche is Macedonian for a small Mouse. Glouf is also Macedonian for deaf. So based on the root Macedonian words of Gloufche or Glouf, I would say the chances are very high that she is Macedonian.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

There are a number of Macedonian Glouftsis. A few Grkomani. I think her people are in the Grkoman kind of category. She was a pretty girl and looks full of energy. Good luck to her!
                            Risto the Great

Comment

• Karposh
                              • Aug 2015

There are a number of Macedonian Glouftsis. A few Grkomani. I think her people are in the Grkoman kind of category. She was a pretty girl and looks full of energy. Good luck to her!
                              You might be right there Risto. With a first name of "Eleni", she does sound like she might come from the Grkomani camp of the Great Aegean Macedonian divide, despite Glouftsis being a seemingly common Macedonian name. But like you said, good luck to her.

Comment

• Carlin
                                • Dec 2011

Bosnia vs Greece fight at the end of match - Dzeko vs Manolas
                                Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Working...
                                X