X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Benito
    • May 2015

Your thoughts: Mara Buneva

What are your thoughts on Mara Buneva who died on the 13th of january 1928. What i know about her is that she was a Bulgarian revolutionary and she killed a high-rank Serb general in Skopje.
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

My thoughts are she was fighting for a free Macedonia. She was Macedonian. Why do you call her a Bulgarian?
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Dejan
      • Sep 2008

Bulgarian by church affiliation? Is that what you mean Benito?
      You want Macedonia? Come and take it from my blood!

A prosperous, independent and free Macedonia for Macedonians will be the ultimate revenge to our enemies.

Comment

• Benito
        • May 2015

As you know from my introduction when i joined i'am a Dutch person living in Bulgaria and i hear stories from diffrent point of views and the fact of one is not the fact of another because some facts are not facts. Far as i hear/see she was a 'Bulgarian Macedonian' from Kosovo (Tetovo that time). If she was not a ' Bulgarian Macedonian' tell me diffrent please.

Comment

• Benito
          • May 2015

I have a other question: Why do Bulgarian nationalists travel yearly to Skopje for her memorial?

Comment

• vicsinad
            • May 2011

Benito:

You do realize that the official and academic Bulgarian claim is that every Macedonian who existed before 1945 considered themselves Bulgarian and that every Macedonian who exists today is an ethnic Bulgarian even though we don't say we are Bulgarian, right?

So, maybe your question should be: why is it official Bulgarian policy that every Macedonian that ever existed is really Bulgarian? And then ask yourself, what can I do, as a Dutchman living in Bulgaria, to help educate the Bulgarians that Macedonians are not, and never were, ethnic Bulgarians?
            Last edited by vicsinad; 01-15-2016, 12:49 PM.

Comment

• vicsinad
              • May 2011

Originally posted by Benito View Post
              Far as i hear/see she was a 'Bulgarian Macedonian' from Kosovo (Tetovo that time). If she was not a ' Bulgarian Macedonian' tell me diffrent please.
              She was not born in Kosovo. She was born in Tetovo -- at that time, and this time.

Comment

• VMRO
                • Sep 2008

This is all linked to Bulgaria's dirty game they play with Macedonia so they can meddle with our identity.

It all starts with the Bulgarian cultural club in Skopje (Ex Radko activists etc) who are paid individuals by Sofia operating for our neighboring countries interests, who due to their criminal activities in Macedonia always cry that they have been persecuted by the “Srbo Communist government” in Macedonia.

The funny thing is that there are countless of Statues, Plaques and other shrines dedicated to Macedonian freedom fighters in Macedonia but for some reason, Mara Buneva is being used by the Bulgarians as the most revered freedom fighter.

The Bulgarians from Karakacanov’s BND are seen as clowns in Macedonia and they do not care about Mara Buneva in general, it only serves as a cover to demonstrate their presence and provoke the Macedonian public so they can cause indignation and animosity between Macedonians in the homeland and worldwide.

Bulgarians and the Pro-Sofia orientated Macedonians read the Macedonian history according to the Serbian/ Bulgaria// Greek interests since the 1912 – 1913 Balkan wars when Serbia, Bulgaria and Greece all over Macedonia commenced their occupation and genocide against the Macedonian people which to date is still ongoing.

The Bulgarians don’t see Mara Buneva as someone who should be celebrated, for them the only factor they use is that she killed a Serbian government official and that is a sufficient reason for her to be considered a Bulgarian.

Do you believe the Bulgarian officials would allow the Macedonians to put a plaque near the grave of Jane Sandanski? We know the lecture the Macedonians receive from Bugaria with regards to this, on that day the Macedonians are banned from attending from Vardar and Pirin Macedonia.

It needs to be understood that Mara Buneva did her deed for Macedonia and not for Bulgaria. It is an old wound that keeps getting cut open, Macedonians in Bulgaria are seen as Belgrade Supremacists, the Macedonians in the old Yugoslavia were seen as Sofia Supremacists and for both Belgrade and Sofia Macedonia do not exist.

I will leave you something from the niece of Mara Buneva – Anche Gerasimovska:

"My aunt Mara when working around the house in Tetovo, always sang songs about Gotse Delchev, for Jane Sandanski and cried. She admired Macedonian revolutionaries. She was questioned after the assassination, when the doctor from Belgrade asked why she killed Prelic, Mara replied – For Macedonia. After the assassination my family was arrested. In prison was my grandfather and my father. My father was released quickly, and my grandfather remained in there for 7-8 months, "says Gerasimovska.

"... It is not true and that she was the mistress of the lawyer Andrejchin from Tetovo, whom Serbian authorities liquidated in the same day of the assassination. Andrejchin’s family were our neighbors and great friends. Many lies are told about my aunt Mara and her reputation as been smeared. She was a married woman, the assassination was committed due to patriotic motives.
                ... It is not true that in our family we spoke Bulgarian, as some claim. I never heard my Grandmother speak even a word in Bulgarian. I remember her well. My mother from Skopje would send me off to Tetovo by the small train, which traveled nine hours, and I would stay with my grandmother all summer. I do not remember her speaking a Bulgarian word.

"Someone will say these were bugaromani others Serbophiles. Such were the times then. And can you judge someone for it. During that time no one could say that he is a Macedonian. Fearful is the fate of the Macedonians, to not be able to say what you are. Thank God, now we can say what we are. We all feel Macedonian at home. And my sister and my brother, my mother and my father felt Macedonian."
                Verata vo Mislite, VMRO vo dushata, Makedonia vo Srceto.

Vnatreshna Makedonska Revolucionerna Organizacija.

Comment

• Benito
                  • May 2015

What about this piece of text on Wikipedia:

Mara Buneva (Bulgarian and Macedonian: Мара Бунева) (1902, Kalkandelen, Kosovo Vilayet, Ottoman Empire – January 13, 1928, Skoplje, Kingdom of Serbs, Croats and Slovenes) was a Macedonian Bulgarian revolutionary,[1][2] member of the Internal Macedonian Revolutionary Organization.[3] She is famous for the assassination of a Serbian official Velimir Prelić after which she committed suicide. Today Buneva is considered as a heroine in Bulgaria,[4] while in the Republic of Macedonia she is regarded as a controversial Bulgarophile.[5][6]

So is she considered as a hero by Macedonians or as a Bulgarophile? Or diffrent thoughts?

Comment

• VMRO
                    • Sep 2008

What about this piece of text on Wikipedia:

Mara Buneva (Bulgarian and Macedonian: Мара Бунева) (1902, Kalkandelen, Kosovo Vilayet, Ottoman Empire – January 13, 1928, Skoplje, Kingdom of Serbs, Croats and Slovenes) was a Macedonian Bulgarian revolutionary,[1][2] member of the Internal Macedonian Revolutionary Organization.[3] She is famous for the assassination of a Serbian official Velimir Prelić after which she committed suicide. Today Buneva is considered as a heroine in Bulgaria,[4] while in the Republic of Macedonia she is regarded as a controversial Bulgarophile.[5][6]

So is she considered as a hero by Macedonians or as a Bulgarophile? Or diffrent thoughts?
                    You have to understand people believe she was of pro Bulgarian orientation due to being a member of VMRO when Vancho Mihajlov was at the helm.

This however has not been proven and is just a view people make that anyone associated with Mihajlov must be Pro Bulgarian/Bulgarofil etc.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                      • Sep 2008

I have a other question: Why do Bulgarian nationalists travel yearly to Skopje for her memorial?
                      What Mara Buneva did was an act of resistance against Serbian oppression. Macedonians also assassinated Bulgarian politicians. The idiots who come from Bulgaria for her 'memorial' do so more as a provocation than a commemoration. Throughout history the Bulgars (of whatever ilk) have had many conflicts against various peoples, some of which resulted in victories they might actually be proud of. Yet they come to Macedonia to celebrate this single event during the VMRO period, which, although noteworthy and important, is, in the greater scheme of things, just a piece of the puzzle in Macedonian history and of absolutely no significance for Bulgaria. Morons.

You're Dutch. The Germans call themselves Deutsch. Your language belongs to an Indo-European branch which is known as Germanic in the linguistic community and is closely related to German. Your homeland was part of the German-dominated Holy Roman Empire for centuries. Your modern state borders Germany. Although the Germans were aggressors in WWI and the Dutch remained neutral, the former did not attack your country. At the end of the war, the German Kaiser Wilhelm II fled to the Netherlands. Despite the previously seeming friendly relations, the Germans occupied Holland in WWII, but although the Dutch mounted something of a resistance, several people in Holland also supported the invading Nazis. There are also a number of examples where Germans have considered Holland as a mere outpost or extension of Germany. Now, none of the above may be news to you and I am certainly not trying to educate you about your own history, but imagine your German neighbours today (not just regular citizens but politicians too) were even half as vindictive as some in Macedonia's neighbouring countries. They would be having a field day manipulating the above information to their own advantage. Imagine your opinion about your own people being constantly drowned out by some fools who dedicate their lives to negating your history by presenting their outside perspectives as the 'truth'. To each his own, Benito, but given the somewhat analogous scenario above, one could be forgiven for thinking that the Dutch would empathise with the Macedonian cause. But then, you don't come from the Balkans so you may not share the same appreciation or see the irony. That is a snapshot of our situation, in case you wanted to know what it's like being in our shoes for a moment. So don't let it come as a surprise to you when we don't hold the opinions of our neighbours in high regard, especially when it comes to our own history.
                      Originally posted by VMRO
                      You have to understand people believe she was of pro Bulgarian orientation due to being a member of VMRO when Vancho Mihajlov was at the helm.
                      A simplistic generalisation, and like most generalisations, it is devoid of logic.
                      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• VMRO
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post

A simplistic generalisation, and like most generalisations, it is devoid of logic.

That is the problem with the Macedonian academics/Historians up until the early 90's.

The history of Macedonia during the period between 1913 - 1944 has been largely ommited from my perspective. Many during this period were all painted in a wrong light due to which branch they fell under and to assassinate their character.

This period needs to be looked into thoroughly as there are many Macedonians who have no clue about what went on during those years.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

Quite simply and generally, any Macedonian under Serb or Greek oppression thought the Bulgarians would be able to help them become independent.
                          Risto the Great
                          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• VMRO
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                            Quite simply and generally, any Macedonian under Serb or Greek oppression thought the Bulgarians would be able to help them become independent.
                            The Macedonians who were under Bulgarian occupation who spoke of an independent Macedonian identity and a Independent Macedonia were either killed, silenced or labelled Srboman/UDBASHI.
                            Last edited by VMRO; 02-09-2016, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X