• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MAKEDON70
    Banned
    • Feb 2016

Originally posted by VMRO View Post
    I can't recall a village by the name of Xorio in Kostur?

You sure that's the real name?
    Xorio mou= mesto moj = my region of Kastoria (village ) very common for many to speak 3 and sometimes 4 languages in that region during my fathers times . Like I do but not fluently but enough da ti okaram majka ti I sestra tvoj majmunce maimun Eden . United Macedonia all for it like it was during Roman time under the eastern empire but not under our oppressors the Bulgars . Stupid copy paste shit grow up that dream died with your grandfather .

Comment

• DraganOfStip
      • Aug 2011

Originally posted by MAKEDON70 View Post
      Xorio mou= mesto moj = my region of Kastoria (village ) very common for many to speak 3 and sometimes 4 languages in that region during my fathers times . Like I do but not fluently but enough da ti okaram majka ti I sestra tvoj majmunce maimun Eden . United Macedonia all for it like it was during Roman time under the eastern empire but not under our oppressors the Bulgars . Stupid copy paste shit grow up that dream died with your grandfather .
      Shut your filthy mouth scumbag, or the admins will do it for you.
      ”A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices”
      ― George Orwell

Comment

• Karposh
        • Aug 2015

Congratulations MAKEDON70, you're a good little Greek and a model slavomacedonian. Germanos Karanvangelis would be proud of you. You don't speak the "local idiom" (as Greeks prefer to refer to your regional language) fluently because you despise it and are clearly ashamed of it which means you despise yourself and your own people. Had you any respect for yourself, your culture and your own people you would try to learn it, understand it and cherish it like it was some precious jewel so that you never forget it and pass it onto your children too. Nevertheless, at least you recognise that it is a language and thankyou for that. Incidentally, "mesto moj" in the Macedonian language means instead of my/mine...Moje mesto or mojeto mesto means my place/region.

Comment

• Poligiros
          Banned
          • Mar 2014

Originally posted by Amphipolis View Post
          You have asked that before. There are several threads with maps, I think the best aggregation is here:

Of course, the most famous maps appear in both sites.
          No! Had a discussion involving the term 'Macedonian' and Macedonian-Slav' and was told I could not find a map or census showing that group from the early 1900s. I am content as all the maps I have seen (all parties) show that two of my grandparents villages (who are dopious -being natives) from differing areas of Aegean macedonia are predominately Hellenic.

In addition, the maps do show that prior to population exchanges, coastal areas, southern, eastern, and part of western Aegean Macedonia were predominately Hellenic.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

Xorio mou= mesto moj = my region of Kastoria (village ) very common for many to speak 3 and sometimes 4 languages in that region during my fathers times . Like I do but not fluently but enough da ti okaram majka ti I sestra tvoj majmunce maimun Eden .
            A pretty stupid thing to say. The next time you behave in such a manner you're out.
            United Macedonia all for it like it was during Roman time under the eastern empire but not under our oppressors the Bulgars . Stupid copy paste shit grow up that dream died with your grandfather .
            The Romans also began as oppressors after the Greeks begged them to come to the Balkans and save them from the Macedonians. Were it not for the Roman invasion the ancient Macedonian state may have prospered into a ripe old age.
            Originally posted by Poligiros
            In addition, the maps do show that prior to population exchanges, coastal areas, southern, eastern, and part of western Aegean Macedonia were predominately Hellenic.
            Aside from the extreme south, coastal areas and some towns, there were no native Greek-speakers in Macedonia, and even some of those are questionable given the situation in "actual" Greece at and prior to the beginning of the 19th century.
            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Toska
              • Sep 2008

this person is an imposter, he is not from Kostur, the dialect of Macedonian he is speaking is not synonymous with Kostur or even its surrounding areas,thats straight from google translate, he is some imposter from athens upset about seeing all the youtube videos of all his so called northern greek brothers and sisters singing Biser Balkanski and Edna Makedonija,

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Toska View Post
                this person is an imposter, he is not from Kostur, the dialect of Macedonian he is speaking is not synonymous with Kostur or even its surrounding areas,thats straight from google translate, he is some imposter from athens upset about seeing all the youtube videos of all his so called northern greek brothers and sisters singing Biser Balkanski and Edna Makedonija,
                They stick out like a Dildo at a scissor party don't they
                “There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part, you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus and you’ve got to make it stop, and you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all” - Mario Savio

Comment

• Karposh
                  • Aug 2015

The area around Thessaloniki is yellow (as far as I can see), i.e. ethnic Greek. Ethnic Greek means Christian Greek speaker.
                  Are you sure about that?

As far as I know, the area around Solun has remained mainly Macedonian since the time of Saints Kiril & Metodi (and, depending on whether you believe in the Slav Migratory Theory or not, long before then). The Greek Civil War (AKA Macedonian Genocidal War) was devastating for the local Solunchani population, many of which packed up and left. However, many others remained. Here is a list of some of the surviving Macedonian villages which are dotted around the Solun region (in alphabetical order):

• Ajvatovo (Liti) – 100% Macedonian
                  • Daut Bal (Paleokastron) – Mixed Macedonian/Prosfigi
                  • Dremiglava (Drimos) – Hellenized Macedonians
                  • Gjordino (Ksirohorion) – Mixed Macedonian/Prosfigi
                  • Gradobor (Pendalofos) – Mixed Macedonian (majority)/Prosfigi
                  • Jundzular/Junchii (Kimina) – 100% Macedonian
                  • Krdjilar (Adendron) – Mixed Macedonian/Prosfigi
                  • Kufalovo (Kufalija) – Mixed Macedonian/Prosfigi
                  • Kulakja (Pirgos/Chalastra) – Mixed Native Greek Majority/Hellenized Macedonians
                  • Laginovo/Lajna (Lagina) - Mixed Native Greek Majority/Hellenized Macedonians
                  • Novo Selo (Neohoruda) – 100% Macedonian
                  • Pejzanovo/Kirech Kjoj (Asvestohorion) – located on the southern limits of ethnic and linguistic Macedonia, Pejzanovo is 100% Macedonian (no prosfigi settled here). However, this very large Macedonian village has undergone a gradual but unabated Hellenization process since before the Balkan Wars and is today thoroughly Hellenized.
                  • Sarachevo (Valtahorion) - Mixed Macedonian/Prosfigi
                  • Tekelievo (Sindos) – Majority Prosfigi with some remaining although assimilated Macedonians
                  • Topchin (Gefira) - Mixed Macedonian/Prosfigi
                  • Zorbatovo (Mikron Monastirion) – Mixed Macedonian/Prosfigi

The demographic status of the villages that I have provided is as correct and unbiased as the sources from which I derived them from. If somebody feels they know better, please feel free to update these. I guess we will never know for certain until a proper census is undertaken in “Democratic” Greece where everyone has the chance to say who and what they are without fear or intimidation.

Until then, we will simply have to go along with the Greeks and trust them when they tell us that everyone in Greece is Greek.

Comment

• Amphipolis
                    Banned
                    • Aug 2014

I'll be busy for a few days, so before having a detailed answer this is an ethnic map (1912) made by Lithoxoou. His legend says Blue (Christian Greeks), Red (Christian Macedonians), Green (Muslim Turks), Yellow (Gypsies), White (Undefined). The size of each village shows the size of population. The city of Thessaloniki is not examined here, only the villages.

Last edited by Amphipolis; 03-01-2016, 01:59 PM.

Comment

• DraganOfStip
                      • Aug 2011

...this is an ethnic map (1912) made by Lithoxoou. His legend says Blue (Christian Greeks), Red (Christian Macedonians)...
                      Impossible!
                      Greeks and Macedonians are one and same people are they not?
                      I thought Tito & the communists "invented" them in 1945,but this map is from 1912?
                      And this map is made by a Greek?Saying there are Greeks and Macedonians in 1912?!
                      Outrageous!
                      ”A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices”
                      ― George Orwell

Comment

• Mad Mak
                        • May 2015

DraganOfStip, this map does not date from 1912, it is very recent but depicts the ethnicities in the aera around Thessaloniki/Solun in 1912. It was made by Dimitris Lithoxoou (RAINBOW).
                        Amphipolis, correct me if I'm wrong.
                        Last edited by Mad Mak; 02-22-2016, 04:21 PM.

Comment

• VMRO
                          • Sep 2008

My family is from the Kostur region, what is the village name of your family.
                          Verata vo Mislite, VMRO vo dushata, Makedonia vo Srceto.

Vnatreshna Makedonska Revolucionerna Organizacija.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                            • Sep 2008

VMRO, he won't be responding. MAKEDON70 couldn't resist continuing to behave like MORON70.
                            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Poligiros
                              Banned
                              • Mar 2014

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                              A pretty stupid thing to say. The next time you behave in such a manner you're out.

The Romans also began as oppressors after the Greeks begged them to come to the Balkans and save them from the Macedonians.

Aside from the extreme south, coastal areas and some towns, there were no native Greek-speakers in Macedonia, any.
                              Soldier of Macedon, we are trying to have an honest discussion here, no need to ruin it with exaggerated, nationalistic propaganda.

Firstly, under Alexanders unification, the Macedonians and the other independent Greek city/states were one and the same prior to the Roman empire control that occurred around 150BC. It was called the Hellenistic age whereby Alexander spread the Greek language and culture to the far east.

Can you show me one ancient Macedonian inscription that is not written in a form of ancient Greek? Why are all the ancient Macedonian artefacts, linguistics intelligible using modern Greek? The truth is written in stone friend. The ancient Macedonians (were a Dorian tribe from the southern regions of ancient Greece).

Secondly, as the published maps (early 1900s) show on this thread, the Hellenes always had a large presence in Aegean Macedonia (not just the deep south and coastal areas), don't forget there was a large Hellenic populace residing in Bitola (Monastiri) up until the early 1900s.

The native Greeks of Aegean Macedonia are remnants of the Byzantines who assimilated the Macedonians. As the maps on this thread specify, there have been multiple ethnic groups in Aegean Macedonia, one group cannot lay claim to all of it.

Finally, seems most of the posters here don't have much affinity or interest in the Republic. Your focus and dreams are purely on Aegean Macedonia, that is 98% Hellenic today.

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
                                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Poligiros View Post
                                Soldier of Macedon, we are trying to have an honest discussion here, no need to ruin it with exaggerated, nationalistic propaganda.

Firstly, under Alexanders unification, the Macedonians and the other independent Greek city/states were one and the same prior to the Roman empire control that occurred around 150BC. It was called the Hellenistic age whereby Alexander spread the Greek language and culture to the far east.

Can you show me one ancient Macedonian inscription that is not written in a form of ancient Greek? Why are all the ancient Macedonian artefacts, linguistics intelligible using modern Greek? The truth is written in stone friend. The ancient Macedonians (were a Dorian tribe from the southern regions of ancient Greece).

Secondly, as the published maps (early 1900s) show on this thread, the Hellenes always had a large presence in Aegean Macedonia (not just the deep south and coastal areas), don't forget there was a large Hellenic populace residing in Bitola (Monastiri) up until the early 1900s.

The native Greeks of Aegean Macedonia are remnants of the Byzantines who assimilated the Macedonians. As the maps on this thread specify, there have been multiple ethnic groups in Aegean Macedonia, one group cannot lay claim to all of it.

Finally, seems most of the posters here don't have much affinity or interest in the Republic. Your focus and dreams are purely on Aegean Macedonia, that is 98% Hellenic today.
                                You went full retard man, never go full retard
                                Last edited by Tomche Makedonche; 02-22-2016, 08:44 PM.
                                “There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part, you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus and you’ve got to make it stop, and you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all” - Mario Savio

Comment

Working...
                                X