• Niko777
    • Oct 2010

Dance group Ovcharani with dance group Demir Hisar from R. Macedonia

Comment

• Voltron
      Banned
      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
      Some threads need to be isolated from the imbecile element that finds its way onto the forum.

The Macedonian's of greece have enough trouble organising cultural events in total freedom without giving a free ride to the likes of Voltron to denegrade these events on this forum.

In modern greece the fascists run amok with total impunity at the expense of the Macedonian minority and any attempts that this minority makes to nurture and pay homage to its culture.
      Turds like the fascist Voltron shouldn't be given free reign to 'comment' here on these types of cultural threads.

This forum is one of the few places where Macedonian festivals in greece can be advertised and promoted in total freedom and should be out of reach of the fascist and dickhead elements working to undermine them.
      Denegrading ? Ive been promoting them since my days in Maknews. Ive been saying then and nobody listened and still over 5 years later you see people enjoying themselves while some blowhards from the diaspora still cry foul. Judging from what I see from these events I hardly see why politics have to cross into the path of culture. If modern Greece had fascists running amok as you say this event would of never took place.

@Risto, you can tell the guy was an instigator it was quite obvious. Macedonians in Greece do not bust balls like this guy was trying to do. And to answer your question it was a Macedonian cultural event where propaganda was absent, and it was nice to see. This is exactly how bridges are made not by 3 finger saluts as if that was even necessary. You can tell how people were looking at him like what the hell are you doing ?

Macedonians in Greece have the ability to express their culture while Greeks in areas such as Northern Cyprus and even Turkey do not. In Turkey we around 3 to 5000 Greeks there which is a drop in the bucket in comparison to your "minority" in Greece. Think about that next time you call us fascists.

Comment

• Egejska
        • Sep 2008

Always great to see this happening, really makes you even more happier that our brothers and sisters in Egejska are staying true to their ancestry.

anyone know of a rough estimate of the turnout?
        An idea whose time has come, cannot be stopped by any army or any government.
        Ron Paul.

Don't steal. The government hates competition.

Comment

• Niko777
          • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Egejska View Post

anyone know of a rough estimate of the turnout?
          Over the two day period around 15,000 visitors.

Comment

• Niko777
            • Oct 2010

Meanwhile... our friend Stelios from Krushodari/Ahlada was entertaining villagers in the cafe area (upper district) of Ovcharani

Stiljan pee vo Ovcarani, Mlada partizanka - YouTube
            Last edited by Niko777; 07-22-2012, 11:11 AM.

Comment

• Niko777
              • Oct 2010

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

""Get lost, the "cultural association Meliti" cannot even put a sign up that reads "Ίλιντεν", never mind a sign written in Macedonian. We have to sacrifice our language to enjoy playing our songs? What kind of freedom is that?""
                Voltron you are bs again To be allowed to do that the authorities have to say they are dabcing greek.Also if there are no signs to say what it is that is the sacrifice.I have lost the count of you tube videos where you say the kids are dancing greek music & greek.When we hear the music & dancing on this current video it's macedonian.Why didn't the authorities allow them the curtesy of putting up a proper banner.?? macedonian one.
                "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Voltron View Post
                  Denegrading ? Ive been promoting them since my days in Maknews. Ive been saying then and nobody listened and still over 5 years later you see people enjoying themselves while some blowhards from the diaspora still cry foul. Judging from what I see from these events I hardly see why politics have to cross into the path of culture. If modern Greece had fascists running amok as you say this event would of never took place.
                  Actually, it is the same shit as it has been for a number years of late. Wait for the officials to piss off, then celebrate as Macedonians.

Originally posted by Voltron View Post
                  @Risto, you can tell the guy was an instigator it was quite obvious. Macedonians in Greece do not bust balls like this guy was trying to do. And to answer your question it was a Macedonian cultural event where propaganda was absent, and it was nice to see. This is exactly how bridges are made not by 3 finger saluts as if that was even necessary. You can tell how people were looking at him like what the hell are you doing ?

Macedonians in Greece have the ability to express their culture while Greeks in areas such as Northern Cyprus and even Turkey do not. In Turkey we around 3 to 5000 Greeks there which is a drop in the bucket in comparison to your "minority" in Greece. Think about that next time you call us fascists.
                  Voltron, Macedonians in Greece are persecuted to this very day. They do not "bust balls" because they have a multi generational mindset that errs on self-protection. They are victims of Greece. The Macedonians in the Diaspora do not face the same kind of oppression. This is why Greeks hate us so much. We actually have our freedom. This freedom extends to banning you because you are of no use to this forum. Perhaps I will call it "Operation Broom" like the Greeks did with the Albanians of a few years back.

My "minority" in Greece is much more real than your northern Cyprus and/or Turkish Greeks. Learn to live with that.
                  Risto the Great
                  MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                  "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• George S.
                    • Aug 2009

The 3 fingered salute should tell you something ain't right.That means the authorities didn't allow them to enjoy their music/dancing festivities to the way they wanted.
                    i"was a Macedonian cultural event where propaganda was absent, and it was nice to see"
                    says' you voltron.You are biased to say that they were free to ebjoy their freedom hey i can tell you that they don't recognize us macedonians to start off .That's why everything macedonian was forbidden.
                    Don't make it seem everything is ok when it's not just rember because of your own stupidity you are one step frm the ban.
                    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                      • Jan 2010

This is great. The people of Ovcharani have always been renowned for being patriotic and celebrating their Macedonian culture.

I'm not sure which video shows the cameraman doing the three finger salute, but why would a Macedonian do that anyways...am I missing something here?

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
                        • Jul 2012

Thats really good to see!!
                        "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

• figure8
                          • Jan 2011

isn't Ilinden celebrate on the 2nd of august?

Comment

• figure8
                            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by EgejskaMakedonia View Post
                            This is great. The people of Ovcharani have always been renowned for being patriotic and celebrating their Macedonian culture.

I'm not sure which video shows the cameraman doing the three finger salute, but why would a Macedonian do that anyways...am I missing something here?

each finger represents the 3 regions on macdonia vardar, agean, and pirin... the thumb and index finger is shape in a "o" which symbolizes unity... hence united macedonia.

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by figure8 View Post

each finger represents the 3 regions on macdonia vardar, agean, and pirin... the thumb and index finger is shape in a "o" which symbolizes unity... hence united macedonia.
                              Ohhh, that symbol. My bad, can't believe that totally slipped my mind. Yeh I know what it is and all, but when Voltron mentioned the '3 finger salute,' I thought he was referring to the Serbian salute.

I've always called it the United (obedineta) Macedonia salute.

Comment

• Niko777
                                • Oct 2010

ILLINDEN OVCHARANI 19/07/2012 - YouTube

ILLINDEN OVCHARANI 19..O7..2012 - YouTube

Comment

Working...
                                X