X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UMDiaspora.org
    • Oct 2009

UMD Appoints Robert Pasquale Treasurer of UMD Australia

The United Macedonian Diaspora (UMD) Board of Directors is pleased to announce the appointment of UMD member and volunteer Robert Pasquale to Treasurer of UMD Australia. In addition to the responsibilities of Treasurer maintaining the financial health of the organization and ensuring proper transparency, Pasquale will spearhead UMD Australia’s fundraising efforts and membership recruitment.

Click here to read full press release and learn about Robert Pasquale: http://umdiaspora.org/content/view/546/1/
    For comments, questions, concerns, please contact us at:

United Macedonian Diaspora
    http://www.umdiaspora.org

1101 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, 6th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20004, United States
    Phone: (202) 756-2244, Fax: (202) 756-7323, E-mail: [email protected]

PO Box 2153, Hawthorn, Vic. 3122, Australia
    Phone: 0438 385 466, E-mail: [email protected]

3555 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, ON, M1K 1L6, Canada
    Phone: 416-209-0448, E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

• Vangelovski
      • Sep 2008

Meto,

Your lack of transparancy is shocking. UMD requests funds from the public, making some fantastic claims, and then refuses to account for the funds raised. Hopefully your new local treasurer, Dame's mate, does have the relevant background requried to adhere to Australian accountability standards.
      If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

i can't beleive what i'm hearing 92.59% of respondents want the talks terminated & you talk of raising money & then you appoint this Robert Pasquareli as your treasurer.When rome is burning nero is playing the fiddle.Why can't you people get your act together & stop the negotiations instead of worrying how to raise funds why don't you pull your finger out & do something.I just read this link on pasquerali & it's talking how the umd needs to be set up like some giant bureucracy so that their main goal is to raise the most money & account to their stakeholders.For gods sake whatever happened to the immediate goals of telling the fucking macedonian govt to stop the negotiations.This has got to be the dumbest & stupedest organization set up under the sun.I just keep hearing how you plan to raise more money is that what is needed come on we need real action & that does not need any money.Stop saying you need more money,you are just too fucking greedy.YO have allready dissapointed us & you have all lost any credibility as if you had any.
        Last edited by George S.; 02-13-2011, 02:02 AM. Reason: edit
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
          • Oct 2009

YouTube - 2011 UMD Global Conference Promo Video

Comment

• Phoenix
            • Dec 2008

Has UMD released any statement(s) condemning the shiptar provocations against the Macedonian state with their barbaric behavior recently at Skopsko Kale.

I have no doubt that the overwhelming Macedonian diaspora opinion regarding the actions of the shiptari is of the utmost disgust and frustration that once again the Macedonian people are treated like some third class minority in their own country...

It's a real shame that UMD can't plug into the real feelings of the Macedonian diaspora but would rather remain inept and impotent on matters which are a clear attack on the Macedonian identity...

Useless fuckin pricks...

Comment

• makedonche
              • Oct 2008

When are UMD going to change their "misleading" name?
              Here's a new acronym you can adopt FUD - Former United Diaspora!
              On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Vangelovski
                • Sep 2008

Phoenix,

You may remember this Press Release in response to the Albanian uproar over the Macedonian Encyclopaedia in which they disputed a number of articles that suggested Albanians arrived in Macedonia during the 16th century, that the US supported NLA forces and that Ali Ahmeti may be guilty of war crimes:

We understand the frustrations that ethnic Albanians feel regarding the mistakes contained within the Macedonian Encyclopedia. However, we remind everyone and Mr. Krasniqi that MANU is reviewing and has promised to correct these mistakes, with input from well-regarded Albanian-Macedonian academics,” said UMD Director of Public Policy, Boban Jovanovski”.

UMD Media Release
                24 September 2009
                http://umdiaspora.org/content/view/432/1/
                Careerist and opportunists need to be seen as cooperative with their masters, regardless of the abhorrent views they promote, otherwise they won't gain the status of vassal politician.
                Last edited by Vangelovski; 02-15-2011, 06:11 PM.
                If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Phoenix
                  • Dec 2008

Vangelovski, yes I do recall UMD's involvement in supprting the shiptar grievances and I found it particularly distasteful...I personally don't want any of the organizations that supposedly represent Macedonian interests batting for other groups.
                  UMD have enough trouble representing the Macedonians in any meaningful manner without diverting their limited intellectual capital and passion supporting motherfuckers like the shiptari...

Comment

• Mikail
                    • Sep 2008

Will PM Gillard Deliver Foreign Policy Innovation on Macedonia?

Will PM Gillard Deliver Foreign Policy Innovation on Macedonia?
                    By Ordan Andreevski - posted Thursday, 24 February 2011

Foreign Minister Kevin Rudd's recent visit to Athens this year, was justified to the Australian public as harnessing support for Australia's UN Security Council bid. During the visit, Greek Foreign Minister Droutsas expressed deep gratitude for Australia's position in relation to the name issue with Macedonia. The Hellenic Republic is delighted that for the last 20 years, Australia has maintained an unscrutinised bipartisan foreign policy position on Macedonia.

Few Australian elected representatives, let alone the wider Australian community know that under pressure from Greece in 1993, the United Nations passed two illegal resolutions which had a detrimental impact on Macedonia and the reputation of the UN. First, the UN passed a resolution which imposed an illegal interim name as a condition for Macedonia's accession in to the family of nations. No other sovereign nation on this planet has ever been required to have an interim name. Second, the UN passed a resolution for Macedonia to engage in absurd negotiations with Greece over how the Republic of Macedonia should be identified. As if Australia would negotiate or allow its neighbours to dictate how it should be called.
                    Advertisement

Australia has unfortunately hitherto chosen, for domestic political reasons, to abide by these two illegal UN resolutions as an excuse for not recognising the Republic of Macedonia under its constitutional name. By following this path, Australia has been assisting Greece with its delegitimisation campaign of the sovereign Macedonian state and at the same time harming its own reputation and national and international interests.

The Australian Macedonian community is dismayed and concerned with the bipartisan policy position on Macedonia. Since, Macedonia's independence in 1991, the Australian Macedonian community has been calling on the Australian Government of the day to recognise and support Macedonia constitutional name and sovereignty. Large protests have been staged in the past in Melbourne, Sydney and Canberra and resolutions have been sent to the Australian Government and the Australian Parliament to little effect.

What is most disturbing is that Australia's foreign policy on Macedonia has never been debated or carefully scrutinised in the Australian Parliament or in the media. Rather, the foreign policy on Macedonia is a product of back room deals that has excluded the wider Australian society not to mention the Australian Macedonian community and its civil society and cultural organisations.

If such scrutiny did take place by an independent panel of foreign policy experts, then it would show that the policy position on Macedonia is not in Australia's national interest and does not contribute to improving its international image and influence. The policy on Macedonia is at odds with 131 member states in the UN who have recognised Macedonia under its constitutional name on a bilateral and or multilateral basis. These countries include the USA, Canada, Britain, Russia, China, India, Indonesia etc.

France is the only member of the UN Security Council not to have supported the legitimate rights of the Macedonian people to self-identification simply because it has sold billions of dollars of expensive and unnecessary arms to Greece, thus accelerating its path to bankruptcy.

As 'a creative middle power' Australia can indeed play a positive and significant role on the world stage at the UN, at the G20, at APEC. Australia can also act as a honest broker to help find innovative solutions to real and to artificially created crisis in South Eastern Europe.
                    Advertisement

This is unlikely to happen until a new 'open source' foreign policy system is put in place. Such a system would allow Australia to significantly improve its foreign policy innovation capabilities and close its diplomatic deficit with the help of research and progressive diasporas.

Fresh thinking and new leadership is required to put Australia's national interests ahead of the interests of Greece which has been pursuing a destabilising and unsustainable foreign policy toward Macedonian and Turkish integration into the EU. The Hellenic Republic and its increasingly isolated lobby in Australia, have invested large sums of time and money to prevent foreign policy innovation on Macedonia. They have mastered the art of using scare tactics to prevent change.

Improvements to Australia's foreign policy performance can be facilitated by the Opposition if it abandons its support for outdated and unsustainable policy positions. The Australia Greens can also bring about innovation in foreign policy by developing an evidence based and nuanced policy on Macedonia and the region.

The Australian Macedonian community, through its peak state, national and international organisations, has worked in the past and will continue to work in the future with all responsible stakeholders in the Australian Government and the Australian Parliament. In 2009/2010, a Roadmap for Advancing Australia Macedonia Relations was presented to the Australian Government and the Opposition. The recent signing of the Australia-Macedonia Social Security Agreement is a step in the right direction but more can and needs to be done. The voice of the Australian Macedonian community is being heard in the places that matter using stakeholder consultation, facts and cooperation as a basis for moving forward. Will Prime Minister Gillard show fresh thinking and new leadership in foreign policy promised by Rudd?
                    From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"

Comment

• Vangelovski
                      • Sep 2008

Mikail,

This is a UMD post and it belongs in the UMD thread.

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                        • Oct 2009

This is a UMD post, however, it has to do with Australian policy of Macedonia, and the author happens to be UMD Director of Australian Outreach. Thank you Mikail for posting it! UMD hopes Australia will develop a better policy towards Macedonia, and values the input of every Australian-Macedonian working to improve this policy.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                          • Sep 2008

Meto,

Since when has UMD valued the input of Australian Macedonians? When did you open your "Roadmap for Advancing Australia Macedonia Relations" to community debate or seek input? I don't know of any representative group that was consulted, nor do I know of any representative group in Australia that had even heard of this "Roadmap" before I asked them about it. And yet you have the arrogance to present it to our political representatives!

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                            • Oct 2009

For your information, AMHRC, Macedonian Council of Victoria, Macedonian Council of SA, etc...were present at the meeting in Australia's Parliament when this roadmap was presented to Australian policymakers in September 2009 and again February 2010. Please see press release: http://umdiaspora.org/content/view/430/51/

Input was sought in advance. :-)

Comment

• Mikail
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                              Mikail,

This is a UMD post and it belongs in the UMD thread.
                              Sorry, didn't mean to give UMD some free press. I don't pay any attention to the UMD thread any more. Sorry meto but you lost me mate
                              From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"

Comment

• Vangelovski
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by UMDiaspora.org View Post
                                For your information, AMHRC, Macedonian Council of Victoria, Macedonian Council of SA, etc...were present at the meeting in Australia's Parliament when this roadmap was presented to Australian policymakers in September 2009 and again February 2010. Please see press release: http://umdiaspora.org/content/view/430/51/

Input was sought in advance. :-)
                                Macedonian Council of SA? Who's on that? Who are the etc? Was anyone else consulted?

Can we have confirmation from AMHRC of this? Were the people present in agreement with the "Roadmap" or did they just happen to be there? Can we even get a copy of the "Roadmap" seeing as you have been pretentious enough to pass it onto OUR elected representatives?
                                Last edited by Vangelovski; 02-23-2011, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X