X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stobi
    • May 2021

Is AMHRC still active?

Does anyone have any updates for the AMHRC? I was browsing the web this morning and came across their site and noticed there has been no update since mid 2018.
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Hi Stobi, welcome to the forum. I haven't seen any activity in a while either. Have you tried reaching out to them? https://www.macedonianhr.org.au/

The website of their counterparts in Canada (MHRMI) seems to be more active with reference to recent activities and developments. https://mhrmi.org/
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Stobi
      • May 2021

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
      Hi Stobi, welcome to the forum. I haven't seen any activity in a while either. Have you tried reaching out to them? https://www.macedonianhr.org.au/

The website of their counterparts in Canada (MHRMI) seems to be more active with reference to recent activities and developments. https://mhrmi.org/
      Thank you for the warm welcome.

I have contacted AMHRC. MHRMI has been very active based on their website. I thought they were the same organisation.

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
        • Apr 2014

AMHRC went down hard after key members left the organisation after the failure of it to criticise the Zaev regime - MHRMI severed its connections to AMHRC after. Also, MHRMI is baed in Toronto whereas AMHRC were from Melbourne.
        I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Stobi
          • May 2021

Originally posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
          AMHRC went down hard after key members left the organisation after the failure of it to criticise the Zaev regime - MHRMI severed its connections to AMHRC after. Also, MHRMI is baed in Toronto whereas AMHRC were from Melbourne.
          Did the leadership support Zoran Zaevs coming to power? why would they do that, i'm literally shocked.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Stobi View Post
            Did the leadership support Zoran Zaevs coming to power? why would they do that, i'm literally shocked.
            That is not the same as lack of criticism. The AMHRC has been a leader of the Macedonian cause in Australia for decades and has provided assistance to Macedonian minorities in other countries, so I doubt they would support a treacherous tyrant like Zaev. The supposed absence of the AMHRC, however, is unusual, so I understand why some people may have questions about their current activities.
            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Stobi
              • May 2021

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
              That is not the same as lack of criticism. The AMHRC has been a leader of the Macedonian cause in Australia for decades and has provided assistance to Macedonian minorities in other countries, so I doubt they would support a treacherous tyrant like Zaev. The supposed absence of the AMHRC, however, is unusual, so I understand why some people may have questions about their current activities.

Richard Edelman once said "To be silent is to be complicit"

I have contacted AHMRC through their website, i do hope i receive a response.

Comment

• Apr 2014

I do not believe anyone was openly supportive of Zaev, just that they were unwilling to criticise him. Key members of the organisation resigned in protest and it pretty much died there and then.
                I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Stobi
                  • May 2021

I received an email from MHRMI and they have confirmed that AMHRC have folded.

[email protected]
                  7:32 AM (8 hours ago)
                  to me

Hi Ben,
                  Thank you so much for contacting us and offering to help. Unfortunately,
                  the AMHRC has folded. But, as you have undoubtedly seen, MHRMI and many
                  Macedonians are fighting for our name and human rights. Is there
                  anything specific that you would like to help with?
                  Regards.

It is strange that there has been no press release or statement that a strong organisation such as AMHRC has shut up shop.

There are unanswered questions such as who agreed to this, was the decision unanimous?

Does anyone know someone who was part of AMHRC to shed some light.

Comment

• Apr 2014

It is strange that there has been no press release or statement that a strong organisation such as AMHRC has shut up shop.

There are unanswered questions such as who agreed to this, was the decision unanimous?

Does anyone know someone who was part of AMHRC to shed some light.
                    There really was no need for a press release given the community were already aware of the situation. Would not make much sense to issue a press release stating "we're folding because we cannot condemn Zaev".

I do not think the AMHRC committee actually got together and voted to fold itself; more likely that it just failed to continue operating as its members were leaving and it did not have the constitutional number to actually vote on anything. Risto Popov was a prominent activist in AMHRC and he was probably the most high-profile to leave the organisation and denounce them, it fell apart around then.

Comment

• Stobi
                      • May 2021

There really was no need for a press release given the community were already aware of the situation. Would not make much sense to issue a press release stating "we're folding because we cannot condemn Zaev".

I do not think the AMHRC committee actually got together and voted to fold itself; more likely that it just failed to continue operating as its members were leaving and it did not have the constitutional number to actually vote on anything. Risto Popov was a prominent activist in AMHRC and he was probably the most high-profile to leave the organisation and denounce them, it fell apart around then.
                      I think people were not aware of the situation because they seemed to be still active but with no activity. many probably assumed it was due to COVID just as i did.

I don't understand why AHMRC committee couldn't just pass the organization to other Macedonians and rejuvenate the org. If the situation was known even i would jump at the chance to be part of the org or help out in any capacity.
                      Last edited by Stobi; 06-02-2021, 08:23 PM. Reason: error

Comment

• Apr 2014

I think people were not aware of the situation because they seemed to be still active but with no activity. many probably assumed it was due to COVID just as i did.
                        They were inactive long before COVID-19.

I don't understand why AHMRC committee couldn't just pass the organization to other Macedonians and rejuvenate the org. If the situation was known even i would jump at the chance to be part of the org or help out in any capacity.

Organisation was old and was not as prominent as it had once been, some of the people involved had black marks next to their names. My guess is that they just decided to fold and split the assets amongst themselves rather than bother trying to get new people involved.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

I can't imagine there was an abundance of assets to split. I also am quite sure many involved eventually felt the weight of thanklessness associated with their endeavours over decades. They probably chose to enjoy life a little. Even though they had a number of successes, it's safe to say the shit hole of a nation in Europe and the way it sold it's identity made it that little bit more difficult to assert our identity here. I applaud their efforts over such a long time.
                          Risto the Great
                          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Rogi
                            • Sep 2008

It is far too easy to criticise and yet so irresponsible to do so, particularly when you have neither walked a mile in their shoes nor been privy to their work, their efforts and their commitment over many, many years.

If we'd all had a fraction of that commitment, gave up a fraction of that time, done a fraction of their work, we might have saved our people from this self-anihilation we seem to have come to.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                              • Sep 2008

Organisation was old and was not as prominent as it had once been, some of the people involved had black marks next to their names. My guess is that they just decided to fold and split the assets amongst themselves rather than bother trying to get new people involved.
                              LoM, it is one thing to refer to their absence. However, claiming that some of the people had "black marks" against their names is deceptively ambiguous. Suggesting that they have "split the assets among themselves" is an outright lie. You can refrain from making baseless remarks unless you're prepared to corroborate them.

Comment

Working...
                              X