X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • makedonche
    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by vassilis View Post
    we dont consider them greeks for us they are ottomans (turks) nothing more than that, most turks consider them also as ottomans so there is no problem for us.
    Vassal
    So because you don't consider them Greeks that means they aren't?
    Tell me where I can check your credentials and your authority on who is and who isn't Greek or Turk ?
    On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Ottoman
      Banned
      • Nov 2010

In Ottoman times everyone was considered Ottoman, calling these people Greek is inaccurate. I dont know one Greek in my life who is proud of Mimar Sinan for example.

Why? because this man was raised like an Ottoman, had an Ottoman lifestyle and finally died as an Ottoman, he was just an Ottoman not Greek, we Turks are proud of him because he was a great artist, because of him Ottoman architecture became known around the world and he also influenced others with his work.
      Last edited by Ottoman; 02-17-2011, 03:48 AM.

Comment

• Voltron
        Banned
        • Jan 2011

Ottoman, Couldnt of said it better myself. Have a good one mate.

Comment

• George S.
          • Aug 2009

How can you tell if one person is turkish or greek by looking at them?or by what they are wearing or what??Of course it's been open slather if you want to call yourself greek.Simply speaking greek or behaving like a greek could make you into one.You don't have to be a wannabee.If you feel like it you could pretend to be greek (ti kanish) see!
          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Ottoman
            Banned
            • Nov 2010

I think lifestyle, religion and language are the key elements to that.

Mimar Sinan didnt know Greek, he only spoke Ottoman Turkish and he was muslim, how much Greekness is left in this man???

The same thing for the Greeks which have Turkish roots, they consider themselves Greeks and nothing else because they are Greeks, they dont know any better than that.

Comment

• George S.
              • Aug 2009

ottoman if they can't work oot what they are then either they are on the booze or drugs.
              Should be locked up & the key thrown away.
              Last edited by George S.; 02-17-2011, 12:02 PM. Reason: edit
              "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Moon Tiki
                Banned
                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Ottoman View Post
                I think lifestyle, religion and language are the key elements to that.

Mimar Sinan didnt know Greek, he only spoke Ottoman Turkish and he was muslim, how much Greekness is left in this man???
                I don't see why he wouldn't speak Greek, especially if he was of Greek ancestry or lived and worked in Constantinople in late 15th, early 16th century. (Unless, his ignorance of Greek language is mentioned somewhere).
                Originally posted by Ottoman View Post
                The same thing for the Greeks which have Turkish roots, they consider themselves Greeks and nothing else because they are Greeks, they dont know any better than that.
                Since they were Christians, they couldn't have Turkish roots.

Comment

• Onur
                  • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Moon Tiki View Post
                  Since they were Christians, they couldn't have Turkish roots.
                  Dont believe everything you heard!

Not all Greeks was christians once and most definitely not all Turks was muslims. And still, there are christian Turks today.

Comment

• Moon Tiki
                    Banned
                    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Onur View Post
                    Not all Greeks was christians once and most definitely not all Turks was muslims.
                    What?
                    Originally posted by Onur View Post
                    And still, there are christian Turks today.
                    They are rare species (about 0,1%). Among them they are mostly Armenians, Syrians and very few Greeks. Also, some Catholics.

Comment

• Ottoman
                      Banned
                      • Nov 2010

I don't see why he wouldn't speak Greek, especially if he was of Greek ancestry or lived and worked in Constantinople in late 15th, early 16th century. (Unless, his ignorance of Greek language is mentioned somewhere).
                      Because he couldnt, he didnt knew Greek, some Ottomans knew Greek like some Ottoman sultans but Mimar Sinan didnt knew Greek.

What?
                      He is right not all Greeks were christians once and not all Turks were muslims once.
                      Last edited by Ottoman; 02-17-2011, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X