Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George S.
    • Aug 2009

THe scenaro of 2001 injustices committed by albanian terrorists on civilians Or war crimes committed by albanians who are deemed war criminals.These people are even getting pensions/serving in parliament as ministers/defence force etc the govt does deals with them & does nothing about it.
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
      • Aug 2009

the macedonian govt is not real or serious about governing for the macedonian citizenry.It's all just to stay in power from one term to the next.It doesn't seem to tackle issues head on.
      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

TM what do you call a person or country who is it's own worst enemy.THe worst is the political side does not care for macedonia or it's citizens.How do we explain this stance where the govt simply signs all rights away??
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
          • Aug 2009

Comment on the way we are being sold out by organizations that are mean't to be representing us eg umd.There is a saying silence is golden but not with macedonia.Macedonia seems to be destined to be destroyed or split up there seems to be no unity as unity is strength.
          Last edited by George S.; 09-24-2011, 02:46 AM. Reason: ed
          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
            • Aug 2009

the macedonian constitution is really anti macedonian.The govt is so antimacedonian doing everything to harm it's citizens & to disadvantage them.Fair days work does not guarrantee a fair day's pay.There are a lot of other inequalities.
            Last edited by George S.; 09-24-2011, 02:50 AM. Reason: ed
            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
              • Jan 2009

Any HR violations that come to mind?

Here's something I found that I believe not only hurts certain human rights for certain Macedonians but also hangs Macedonian dignity out to dry.

Macedonia won't process Hague war crimes cases

By Klaudija Lutovska for Southeast European Times in Bitola – 05/08/11

Lawmakers voted not to prosecute four war crimes involving the National Liberation Army in court after a request by the Albanian Democratic Union for Integration's (DUI) for an interpretation of the Law on Amnesty.

The law ensued from the Ohrid Framework Agreement, which ended the 2001 conflict between Macedonian government forces and the Albanians' National Liberation Army (NLA).

"The parliament is the highest institution with the responsibility to interpret laws. Voting to interpret the Law on Amnesty means the four cases will end and no other institution is competent to judge them," analyst Jovan Donev told SETimes.

The Hague tribunal kept the four cases for six years without acting on them. It decided not to process them in 2006 and returned them, asking Macedonia to do it instead.

Two cases charge members of the NLA -- whose leadership transformed into the DUI -- with kidnapping, torture and murder of Macedonians in the Tetovo area in 2001.

Another case charges the NLA with shutting off the city of Kumanovo's water supply, threatening the lives and wellbeing of over 100,000 people.

The fourth charges the NLA leadership with chain-of-command responsibility for various instances of war crimes and crimes against humanity.

Government officials say the move is an attempt at national reconciliation between Macedonians and Albanians.

"It closes the big wounds which have previously prevented Macedonia from entering a course of political understanding. It will contribute to ... political and economic stability in the country," DUI parliamentarian Arben Ljanbunishta said.

Many Macedonians, however, are furious at the failure to ensure justice.

"The Framework Agreement was imposed on Macedonia and consequently there is no closure for the families of the missing Macedonians,
              not to mention how many of us are unemployed because of existing quotas," a 45-year-old veteran of the 2001 conflict, who asked to be identified only by the initials S.T., told SETimes.

Parliament's decision was a "political calculation before the autumn census, in which the validity of the Framework Agreement may legitimately be put under question," he said.

Others, like Bitola resident Petre Lozanovski, 60, disagree. "I am convinced the parliament has valid arguments for its position. Whether the solution is sound we must wait and see," Lozanovski told SETimes.

"The interpretation is a result of a political agreement, a political declaration, rather than being a sound legal solution. The goal here is to overcome possible future ethnic tensions in Macedonia," former Internal Affairs Minister and governing coalition member Pavle Trajanov told SETimes.

In an attempt to calm the situation, President Gjorge Ivanov met with distraught families of the Macedonians still missing from the conflict and asked that all political factions refrain from exploiting their misfortune.
              Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

Yeah, I saw this when it was first published. How could any macedonian say there must be a good reason for this kind of capitulation?
                Risto the Great
                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• United MKD
                  • Jul 2011

It is disgusting reading that again, those poor families. Wtf could Ivanov say to the families to make them feel better? Bunch of pussy politicians.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by United MKD View Post
                    It is disgusting reading that again, those poor families. Wtf could Ivanov say to the families to make them feel better? Bunch of pussy politicians.
                    Their words are meaningless. Their actions are worse as we can see.

Comment

• George S.
                      • Aug 2009

Seing the macedonian govt is in cohoots with the terrorists with their special deals.The govt won't bring them to justice.Perhaps the huma rights people could bring this to the hague & the hague could investigate the cases.
                      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                        Seing the macedonian govt is in cohoots with the terrorists with their special deals.The govt won't bring them to justice.Perhaps the huma rights people could bring this to the hague & the hague could investigate the cases.
                        Finally a noteworthy post. It seems all too convenient for the Macedonian government to push these issues aside and continue to deny human rights justice for the Macedonians. Macedonians in Macedonia will continue to suffer human rights violations and injustices and not one voice in Macedonia has been sound enough to make some real noise.

Comment

• George S.
                          • Aug 2009

THe Macedonian govt has really let it's own people down when it comes to prosecuting these terrorists & taking them to the hague instead it has given them ministerial posts etc.
                          Perhaps even like a class action by the citizens on the terrorists themselves but it depends on the evidence needed.I remember speaking to a macedonian wolve in 2006.They said they were hamstrung back in 2001 with nato & us medling in the internal affairs of macedonia.Had they been allowed to fire back & fight it out with the uck & the NLA there wouldn'y be any problem today.
                          But he had a lot of pity towards the people who were attacked by the terrorists.ie kidnapping etc & other attrocities.Also another weakness the macedonian govt gave amnesty to a lot of the terrorists which means immunity to prosecution.
                          Last edited by George S.; 09-29-2011, 03:54 PM. Reason: ed
                          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Pelister
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                            I have wondered about that. Is that possible? I mean assuming the Macedonian government lacks the backbone to do it and clearly it does, what's to stop someone else filing a case?

Comment

• ProMKD
                              • Oct 2011

I believe victims of the families have tried many times to battle it out in international courts. But as we know all too well, these are political courts, not real ones. No court in the world will open up a case like this after arresting Johan and Ljube for defending their country. They wouldn't even dream of bringing justice to the families of murdered innocent Macedonians.
                              www.everythingmacedonia.com
                              Support tourism to Macedonia!

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                                • Jan 2009

Talat Xhaferi,an ex UCK and NLA commander known as Commander Forina (currently a member of DUI) is today elected as the new Macedonian minister of defense.The same guy that blocked the passing of the law for the defenders of 2001 by submitting 10 000 amendments and reading poetry in his speeches to stall the process.And the

This is definitely a violation against Macedonian human rights within the Macedonian republic. Quite disturbing and disgusting.

Comment

Working...
                                X