X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Otis Otus
    • Mar 2014

First printed Macedonian alphabet by Gjorgji Pulevski

Slognica rečovska - published in 1880 in Sofia by Gjorgji Pulevski in an attempt to create the first official Macedonian alphabet, spelling and grammar.

Big letters:
    А Б В Г Д Е Є Ж З И І К Л М Н О П Р С Т У Ф Х Ц Ч Ш Щ Џ Ѳ Ь Ъ Ѣ Ы Ю Ѫ Я

Small letters:
    а б в г д е є ж з и і к л м н о п р с т у ф х ц ч ш щ џ ѳ ь ъ ѣ ы ю ѫ я

Yes
    0%
    No
    0%
  • George S.
    • Aug 2009

what does it mean that Macedonia as a language & alphabet didn't exist?This is wrong there are many books & maps that will attest to Macedonia prior to this,if anyone doubts this go and look at True Macedonian finds on his threads..
    Last edited by George S.; 04-02-2014, 04:22 AM.
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Vangelovski
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Otis Otus
      Slognica rečovska - published in 1880 in Sofia by Gjorgji Pulevski in an attempt to create the first official Macedonian alphabet, spelling and grammar.

Big letters:

Small letters:
      а б в г д е є ж з и і к л м н о п р с т у ф х ц ч ш щ џ ѳ ь ъ ѣ ы ю ѫ я

http://mk.wikipedia.org/wiki/Слогница_речовска
      What's the point of Macedonia changing its alphabet now?
      If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Otis Otus
        • Mar 2014

Originally posted by George S. View Post
        what does it mean that Macedonia as a language & alphabet didn't exist?This is wrong there are many books & maps that will attest to Macedonia prior to this,if anyone doubts this go and look at True Macedonian finds on his threads..
        I didn't say it didn't exist, but this was the first attempt at creating an official printed Macedonian alphabet for Macedonians.

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
        What's the point of Macedonia changing its alphabet now?
        Nothing really, but it is older than the new Serbian and Latin letters.

Comment

• Vangelovski
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Otis Otus View Post
          Nothing really, but it is older than the new Serbian and Latin letters.
          Latin letters? One could argue that this version has a heavy Russian/Bulgarian influence...why not go all the way back to the original Glagolithic or Cyrillic from the 10th century?
          If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

Latin letters? One could argue that this version has a heavy Russian/Bulgarian influence...why not go all the way back to the original Glagolithic or Cyrillic from the 10th century?
            It can only have a Macedonian influence. I don't mind that alphabet. But history solved the problem for us.
            Risto the Great
            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Otis Otus
              • Mar 2014

Macedonians used most of these letters before 1944. I don't mind the current alphabet, I was just wondering which one people like most.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                It can only have a Macedonian influence. I don't mind that alphabet. But history solved the problem for us.
                To an extent - Russians in particular developed their own letters for their own specific sounds. Importing those would not necessarily be Macedonian.

Comment

• George S.
                  • Aug 2009

Russians didn't ivanov go to the Russians only to find that the Russian alphabet owes it all to the Macedonian alphabet ie Methodius & kiril visits,
                  Well if we go the old church Glagolitic & Slavonic scripts why don't we go back to the ancient Macedonian im sure there was one with 36 letters I saw it in one of our threads..There was such a thing as a prehistoric alphabet.Otis I meant it in a doubt situation a hypothetical.
                  "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                  GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Niko777
                    • Oct 2010

There are a few things I don't agree with in the new alphabet, one of them being the removal of "Ъ".

I would replace "J" with "I"

Get rid of "Џ" completely.

Comment

• Niko777
                      • Oct 2010

Also something else related to this topic....

There is NO such thing as "latinica" in the Macedonian language!

If you want to spell ЦАР using the English alphabet, then you spell it like this: "TSAR".

Tsar = King
                      Car = 4 wheeled vehicle that you drive in.

Yes I'm suggesting Скопје should be spelled as Skopye in English.
                      Last edited by Niko777; 04-02-2014, 08:35 PM.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Niko777 View Post
                        There are a few things I don't agree with in the new alphabet, one of them being the removal of "Ъ".
                        Utterly ridiculous removing this! It amuses me when Macedonians feel so proud when they say our language is spelled phonetically.

And only a moron would think "Я" is a Bulgarian variation.

500 years of Turks has ensured "Џ" will remain.

OK, I have vented now.
                        Risto the Great

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Niko777 View Post
                          Also something else related to this topic....

There is NO such thing as "latinica" in the Macedonian language!

If you want to spell ЦАР using the English alphabet, then you spell it like this: "TSAR".

Tsar = King
                          Car = 4 wheeled vehicle that you drive in.

Yes I'm suggesting Скопје should be spelled as Skopye in English.
                          Totally agree.
                          It only looks normal to former Yugoslavians and a few other Euro types in my opinion.
                          Risto the Great

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Otis Otus
                            I would support a change in the alphabet because I am somewhat a purist. But I voted no to your poll question, because the above has some letters which were not part of the original Cyrillic alphabet developed by Macedonian educators.
                            Originally posted by Vangelovski
                            One could argue that this version has a heavy Russian/Bulgarian influence......
                            It has some foreign influence but most of the letters were present in the original Cyrillic alphabet.
                            ....why not go all the way back to the original Glagolithic or Cyrillic from the 10th century?
                            I think it would have been great for Macedonians to have revived the Glagolitic alphabet.
                            Originally posted by Risto the Great
                            And only a moron would think "Я" is a Bulgarian variation.
                            The letter Я is a Russian variation. The original letter was Ѧ, but IA could be used (instead of JA) if the J was dropped from today's alphabet.
                            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Niko777
                              • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post

500 years of Turks has ensured "Џ" will remain.
                              I meant taking out the letter "Џ" and spelling it out the original way which was "ДЖ"

Comment

Working...
                              X