X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George S.
    • Aug 2009

well dch my thinking is nore here's hoping allready our politicians are selling us short by doing deals under the table of which i'm sure the voting public does not0 know about it.
    Macedonia is surrendering it's soveregnity to the albanians to the extent they a pandered to & they get away with alot of things.
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
      • Aug 2009

With all these countries recognizing macedonia it's time to revisit the un & point out that we will not use the temporary name of fyrom but the constitutional one of nacedonia.
      I think with the backing of 133 countries we should drop that fyrom prefix & be known only by our constituional name.
      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Vangelovski
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
        If only Macedonia recognised itself as Macedonia, it would have every nation except for the Greeks recognising it. And Greece would look silly.
        That is the key to all of this.
        If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

Just for the sake of statistics, there are now apparently 133 member states of the UN that recognise Macedonia by its official name bi-laterally and in many cases overall. That leaves 60 member states of the UN that don't recognise Macedonia by its official name at all. The historical name of Macedonia and the Macedonian people should never be put to a vote. It is what it is and always has been. However, if the UN were to vote on if they should or shouldn't accept Macedonia into the UN by its official name, then we should still be accepted according to the below:
          Voting in the General Assembly on important questions – recommendations on peace and security; election of members to organs; admission, suspension, and expulsion of members; budgetary matters – is by a two-thirds majority of those present and voting. Other questions are decided by majority vote.
          Macedonia should forward a note to the UN telling them that they are only to use their official name. If this is rejected and the admission of Macedonia by its official name was put to a vote, then Macedonia should be accepted as it has over two-thirds majority of the vote.
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

SoM, what makes you think that the nations that call Macedonia as Macedonia will vote in the same manner? As an example,the USA has already said it will call Macedonia whatever is agreed between Macedonia and Greece.

As you have pointed out, this should never be put to a vote anyway.
            Risto the Great
            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
              SoM, what makes you think that the nations that call Macedonia as Macedonia will vote in the same manner?
              I was actually going to edit my previous post to make the point that we can't be sure countries would even vote in favour even if they do currently recognise us, but had to duck out so didn't get a chance. Either way, you're absolutely right and the case of America is a good example.
              As you have pointed out, this should never be put to a vote anyway.
              I wasn't talking about recognition of our name, our name should never be put to a vote. I was talking about our admission to the UN (as Macedonia).
              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                I wasn't talking about recognition of our name, our name should never be put to a vote. I was talking about our admission to the UN (as Macedonia).
                I assumed you were talking about a UN vote.

This guy seems a little more worldly than others in the EU:

Speaking at the first presentation of his draft report Tuesday on the progress of the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia towards EU accession, European Parliament Rapporteur Richard Howitt MEP said, ”I have deliberately put the call for a date to start accession negotiations without delay as paragraph one, sentence one to send a clear message both here in Brussels but in the country too.”

Commenting on his decision to use the adjective “Macedonian” to refer to the country’s language, culture and identity which the European Commission has declined to do in its own Progress Report during the last two years, Richard Howitt MEP added, ”I do so not to provoke anyone but to recognise this is fully consistent with United Nations practice and the international accord, to honour the promise I made to put before Parliament the compromise reached at the joint parliamentary committee, and to demonstrate to the people of the country that we have seen and listened to the negative reaction on this point to the European Commission’s report.”
                Risto the Great
                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• DedoAleko
                  • Jun 2009

I see Hungary on the lists here,but according to the Macedonian MoFA this (officially?!) happened today:

google translate:

"The Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Macedonia, today sent a letter to the Hungarian Foreign Minister Janos Martonyi, which welcomes Hungary's latest decision to confirm and formalize the current practice of addressing the Republic of Macedonia with its constitutional name in bilateral communication. "

Унгарија ја призна Македонија под уставното име

„Министерот за надворешни работи на Република Македонија, денеска упати писмо до министерот за надворешни работи на Унгарија, Јанош Мартоњи, во кое се поздравува најновата одлука на Унгарија да ја потврди и официјализира досегашната пракса на обраќање кон Република Македонија со нејзиното уставно име во билатералната комуникација."

izvor: http://press24.mk/story/ungarija/ung...-ustavnoto-ime
                  Last edited by DedoAleko; 12-13-2012, 11:11 AM.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                    • Sep 2008

Hungary - another fake friend that will only call Macedonia by its name in the privacy of the bedroom but not in public. Macedonia's much like a cheap and embarrasing mistress best kept secret. The sadest thing of all is that it wants to play that role.
                    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Dimko-piperkata
                      • Sep 2008

Hungary wades into Greece-Macedonia naming row 17 December 2012 | 17:56 | FOCUS News Agency
                      Home / Southeast Europe and Balkans
                      Budapest. Hungary took a stand Monday in a virulent dispute between Greece and Macedonia, announcing it recognised the latter as the "Republic of Macedonia" despite a naming row that has seen Athens block its neighbour's bid to join the EU, AFP reported.
                      Since Skopje proclaimed its independence from the former Yugoslavia in 1991, Greece has alleged that its use of the name Macedonia could imply a territorial claim to the northern Greek province of the same name.
                      This has led Athens to block the country's attempts to enter NATO and the European Union.
                      Hungary said its new official designation replaces the name "former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia", which is how the country is recognised at the United Nations.
                      "The decision to recognise Macedonia under the name Republic of Macedonia was made a while back," Hungarian foreign ministry spokesman Gabor Kaleta told AFP.
                      It will now be applied in Hungary's bilateral relations with the small Balkan country, he added.
                      Kaleta did not specify the reasons behind the decision but said they would be spelled out in an upcoming statement.
                      In October, Greece offered Macedonia a draft memorandum of understanding "to move qualitatively forward" with negotiations on the dispute held under United Nations auspices, which have so far been fruitless.

http://www.focus-fen.net/index.php?id=n294890
                      1) Macedonians belong to the "older" Mediterranean substratum...
                      2) Macedonians are not related with geographically close Greeks, who do not belong to the "older" Mediterranenan substratum...

Comment

• Vangelovski
                        • Sep 2008

It seems that after 20 years of Macedonian subservience to Greek demands, Bulgaria has also decided to play the fools for what they are. We can expect much more demands from both and possibly others as they all realise the Macedonians will do anything for illusory gain.

Comment

• George S.
                          • Aug 2009

It's no use pretending they are satisfied with just pirin macedonia ,the bulgarians have allways wanted the whole of macedonia for themselves.Even the greeks were not happy with their share.Whil'st the bulgarians have said that they recognize us but not our ethnicity.So in the end it's the same recognition that they give us none at all..Rom macedonians will say one thing but do another at their own peril.
                          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• momce
                            Banned
                            • Oct 2012

hungary can be a great allies for Macedonia, Croatia etc we need allies against serbia, greece, and bulgaria expansionism and occupation

Comment

• George S.
                              • Aug 2009

Definitely right there we need real friends it will open doors for us.
                              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Vangelovski
                                • Sep 2008

I'm sure many countries can be good friends for Macedonia, but I don't think Hungary is quite there yet. As noted earlier, Hungary is still treating Macedonia like a secret mistress, calling her by her name only in the bedroom and not in public.

Comment

Working...
                                X