Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • makedonche
    • Oct 2008

I thought the Russian Foreign Minister acknowledged the Macedonian language and gave thanks for/acknowleged that is where Russia got it's Cyrillic from?
    On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• ProMKD
      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
      I thought the Russian Foreign Minister acknowledged the Macedonian language and gave thanks for/acknowleged that is where Russia got it's Cyrillic from?
      I wouldn't be surprised, that's what I mean by politics. They go one place, please the locals, go another, and please those locals. The Russians always play the big brother card, but they are just selfish and corrupt pricks.
      www.everythingmacedonia.com
      Support tourism to Macedonia!

Comment

• makedonche
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by ProMKD View Post
        I wouldn't be surprised, that's what I mean by politics. They go one place, please the locals, go another, and please those locals. The Russians always play the big brother card, but they are just selfish and corrupt pricks.
        ProMkd
        So true, but they can't fool the MTO, this is where the truth lives!
        On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• ProMKD
          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
          promkd
          so true, but they can't fool the mto, this is where the truth lives!
          Амин брат ми, амин!

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by ProMKD View Post
            The Russians always play the big brother card, but they are just selfish and corrupt pricks.
            I think it is more of a case where some Macedonians, Montenegrins, Serbs and Bulgars desperately try to play the little brother card, on account of religious and linguistic similarities with Russians. As a Macedonian, I certainly don't see the Russians as our "big brothers". They may be numerically superior, but overall throughout history in terms of literature and culture, Russia has gained far more from Macedonia than the other way around, either directly or indirectly.
            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• ProMKD
              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
              I think it is more of a case where some Macedonians, Montenegrins, Serbs and Bulgars desperately try to play the little brother card, on account of religious and linguistic similarities with Russians. As a Macedonian, I certainly don't see the Russians as our "big brothers". They may be numerically superior, but overall throughout history in terms of literature and culture, Russia has gained far more from Macedonia than the other way around, either directly or indirectly.
              I agree with that statement. It just proves that strength is in numbers - they are far more feared, respected, and well-known and any of their so-called "little brothers". That's why christianity needs to fear radical islam.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                • Sep 2008

Russian Orthodox Church Patriarch HH Kiril said at Sunday's meeting with President Gjorge Ivanov he is prepared to invest efforts in settlement of the Macedonian Orthodox Church-Ohrid Archbishopric (MOC) canonic status.

"Finding ways to canonize MOC is very important at this time. The canonic status of your church is of enormous importance, because it will secure the Macedonian identity, language and culture", said Patriarch Kiril.

According to him, the fact that MOC is outside of the family of canonic churches weakens its position. Patriarch Kiril positively assessed the twenty years of Russia-Macedonia diplomatic ties, saying the main source of the mutual history were brothers Cyril and Methodius. President Ivanov stressed the Macedonian Orthodox Church was a living church.

"We are politicians with a mandate, but church issues have no mandate. They are settled in long periods", added Ivanov. He stressed politicians should create the ambiance for communication among churches, urging dialogue towards a solution. "Our followers should have the Christian virtue of patience, meaning church issues should be gradually resolved through dialogue and building trust", said President Ivanov.

During his Moscow stay, Ivanov is to deliver a lecture at Lomonosov Moscow State University, where he will be presented with title Honorary Professor. Moreover, President Ivanov will visit fair "Prodexpo", which includes the presentation of Macedonian companies.
                More hot air by Russian religious figures? Ivanov talking about a "dialogue towards a solution"........wonder why that sounds familiar.
                In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• George S.
                  • Aug 2009

we are going up the same fucking road of recognition been there no need to do it.
                  "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                  GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• vicsinad
                    • May 2011

Vladika Naum: Bulgaria Should Become Macedonia's Mother Church

Well, it looks like we don't really have to worry about our issues with the Serbian Church anymore...

(Used Google Translate)

Bishop Nahum: The Bulgarian Church to become the mother of the Macedonian, this is a historic moment - let's not miss it

Bulgaria and the Republic of Macedonia have a common religious history. The Bulgarian Orthodox Church has a chance to become a church mother of the Macedonian Orthodox Church (MOC) with its recognition, Metropolitan Strumica bishop Nahum said in an interview with BTV.

He says political reasons are why the autocephaly of the Macedonian Orthodox Church is not yet recognized.

"We sent a letter to the Holy Synod of BOC with a request to discuss the issue of the recognition of the Macedonian Orthodox Church - the Ohrid Archbishopric of the Bulgarian Orthodox Church. We are waiting for an answer from the Bulgarian Synod. BPC has a chance with the very recognition of the MOC to become a church mother of the MOC. It's a rare historic opportunity that the BOC should not miss, "categorically Metropolitan Nahum.

"We were part of the Bulgarian Exarchate. The people then were divided between the Exarchate and the Constantinople Patriarchate at the end of the XIX and the beginning of the 20th century, but most - 95% were exarchists, "the Macedonian bishop recalled.

Bishop Nahum stressed the great significance of the Treaty of good neighborly relations between the Republic of Macedonia and Bulgaria, adding that it was only the beginning.

It is only the beginning...of the end for Macedonia?

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

Fyromians always seeking validation from someone.
                      Risto the Great
                      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• vicsinad
                        • May 2011

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                        Fyromians always seeking validation from someone.
                        This goes deeper than one Macedonian bishop:

Bishop Nahum in an interview with BTV stated that the Macedonian Orthodox Church -Ohrid Archbishopric sent a letter to the Holy Synod of the Bulgarian Orthodox Church asking to discuss the issue of recognizing the Macedonian Church and the BOC to become a church mother. Bulgarian state television BNT published a letter sent on November 9.

This is a rare historic opportunity that the BOC should not miss, said Metropolitan Nahum.

The Macedonian Orthodox Church - the Ohrid Archbishopric recognizes the BOC as its mother church, the BNT concluded, announcing the letter of 9 November, calling it a "historic document".

In the show "Vera and Society" on the Bulgarian state television BNT it is said that in the letter signed by the Macedonian Archbishop Stefan, the MOC-OA speaks of her mother church. The BOC has not yet responded to this request from the MOC.

The show said that the support of this idea was given by grandfather Pratenius, abbot of the monastery of St. John Bigorski. In addition, it was said that if the BOC agreed to this, he should know that he would face resistance from the Serbian and Russian churches, and that is also from the Ecumenical Patriarchate.

"This letter is an important historical opportunity for our church, which should not be crushed. For the first time, the Macedonian church recognizes the Bulgarian Church for Mother Church, "said the emissary.

Archimandrite Parthenius recently welcomed the signing of the Treaty of good neighborly relations with Bulgaria and said that the recognition of the autocephaly of the MOC-OA should come from the Bulgarian Patriarchate. Father Parthenius believes that the canonical jurisdiction in the territory now functioning by the MOC-OA, was last held by the Bulgarian Orthodox Church. Partenij encourages the Bulgarian hierarchs, in the name of the good relations between the two nations, the Macedonian and Bulgarian, the BOC to recognize the autocephaly of the MOC-OA.

"The Bulgarian Church, as the only true and worthy Mother Church, must with a broad heart be recognized by the Macedonian church, which, for half a century, has successfully performed its pastoral and evangelical mission in a multinational state, and is accepted by all Orthodox, regardless of their nationality. For example, in the Bigorski brotherhood we have one monk Serb, another Roma, the third Palestinian, and at the moment we have one ethnic Albanian novice, "says Archimandrite Parthenius.

In a letter dated November 9, among other things, it says:
                        "The Bulgarian Orthodox Church - Bulgarian Patriarchate, taking into account the unity of the Orthodox Church and the real spiritual and pastoral needs, establishes eucharistic unity with the restored Ohrid Archbishopric in the face of the Macedonian Orthodox Church.
                        The Macedonian Orthodox Church - Ohrid Archbishopric will be recognized and recognized by the Bulgarian Orthodox Church - the Bulgarian Patriarchate as a Mother Church, which first accepts and recognizes its autocephaly, identifies and actualizes it, represents and advocates for it before the Ecumenical Patriarchate and other local churches .

By signing this consent from the heads of the two churches, establish an eucharistic unity and among all their bishops, which will be the basis for the smooth establishment of the eucharistic unity and with the bishops of the other local Orthodox churches.

For the recognition and establishment of the Eucharistic unity, the Bulgarian Patriarch informs the Ecumenical Patriarch, as well as the heads of other local Orthodox churches.

We express hope in the Lord that these proposals and requests will be accepted by the Holy Bishop's Synod of the Bulgarian Orthodox Church, for the joy of St. Clement of Ohrid and for the benefit of the overall church completeness. "

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

We learned of extremely shady backroom deals in seeking acknowledgement with the SoC. And now we have it with the BoC.

Macedonian communities in the Diaspora have (often) violently opposed the confused agenda of the MoC-OA. I am sick of the people who still feel the only authentic religious event is one administered by MoC-OA when this obvious kind of rot exists at the head.

Macedonians everywhere need to be very careful about their allegiances. I fear we are going back to 150 years ago and the only real Macedonians who can be trusted are those you know in your own village.

Disgusting!
                          Risto the Great

Comment

• Starling
                            • Sep 2017

Can churches not just flip off all the other churches and be independent? Bogomilism was the movement that involved people being able to practice their religion without having to be validated by institutions right? Let's bring that back.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

Of course they can be independent.
                              Risto the Great

Comment

• Vangelovski
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                                I fear we are going back to 150 years ago and the only real Macedonians who can be trusted are those you know in your own village.
                                Weren't those the least trustworthy?
                                If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

Working...
                                X