• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Voltron
    Banned
    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Niko777 View Post
    I have a question that maybe someone who is familiar with the policies of the Macedonian Orthodox Church can answer. It is sort of related to this thread. Why is it that the churches in Macedonia do not have a single Macedonian flag on them, whereas in Greece every church in every city, town, village, from main city squares to isolated mountain areas, all require to have a Greek flag. The reason I ask is because in some cities like Gostivar the church is in the central part of the city where everyone can see it, but in a city like Gostivar you would expect the church in a prominent location to put up the flag to remind a certain group of citizens what country they live in.
    Niko, more often than not churches here use the Byzantine flag. They also have Greek flags but its the Byzantine flag that is used all the time. Strange how Muslim Albanians embrace a symbol Skanderbeg used himself while slaying them.

Comment

• Niko777
      • Oct 2010

Yes you are correct, both flags are used. I have never seen a church in Greece without both flags or without the Greek flag. My point was that the church in Greece protects the interests of the state by spreading nationalism. In most Macedonian villages in Aegean Macedonia the only place where there is a Greek flag is on the village church.
      Last edited by Niko777; 02-20-2012, 04:54 PM.

Comment

• ProMKD
        • Oct 2011

I have a question that maybe someone who is familiar with the policies of the Macedonian Orthodox Church can answer. It is sort of related to this thread. Why is it that the churches in Macedonia do not have a single Macedonian flag on them, whereas in Greece every church in every city, town, village, from main city squares to isolated mountain areas, all require to have a Greek flag. The reason I ask is because in some cities like Gostivar the church is in the central part of the city where everyone can see it, but in a city like Gostivar you would expect the church in a prominent location to put up the flag to remind a certain group of citizens what country they live in.
        The first two churches that come to mind when I think about it are: Soboren Hram, Centar, Skopje (The largest MOC in the world) and the monastery St. Jovan Bigorski. Both have Macedonian flags in front of them.
        www.everythingmacedonia.com
        Support tourism to Macedonia!

Comment

• Niko777
          • Oct 2010

Yes but wouldn't it make sense to have a Macedonian flag on all of them especially in Tetovo and Gostivar areas? After all, the Macedonian church kind of sees it self as the protectorate of the Macedonian nation and it is an institution that we can say is made up of 100% Macedonians.

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

Niko, you are talking about the "Ohrid Archbishopric" placing Macedonian flags on its churches. It is debatable whether they are now administered as Macedonian churches. I see the name change of the Macedonian Orthodox Church as a means of pre-empting some kind of "unholy" alliance in the future.

I think the Macedonian people need to speak, or perhaps they already have and we don't like what they are saying.
            Risto the Great
            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Vangelovski
              • Sep 2008

Which flags are we talking about? The only freely chosen Macedonian flag (sonce) or the ventilator imposed on us by our enemies and vassal politicians?
              If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Niko777
                • Oct 2010

The sonce, which I thought was one of the flags of the Macedonian church?

Comment

• ProMKD
                  • Oct 2011

The sonce, which I thought was one of the flags of the Macedonian church?
                  The flags that are used (in the two examples i provided) are the 'national flag' = ventilator. I agree with you that all should have it, and it should be the real flag, because the church is seen as a protectorate of the people. It should really have nothing to do with the state, especially if the state isn't protecting the people the way it should.

Comment

• MKPrilep
                    • Mar 2009

[IMG][/IMG]

Crkva Gostivar

By the way, in Prilep they use the real flag in front of the church sveti bogorodica!!
                    Last edited by MKPrilep; 02-21-2012, 01:45 AM.

Comment

• Komita
                      • May 2009

I think this should be the new coat of arms of Macedonia. It shows how much Macedonia has progressed....backwards...to the Ottoman empire

Now your going to upset some members here that are proud of the ottoman slavery.
                      Слава му на Бога за се

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

Ottoman slavery, European slavery ... whatever. Either way, Macedonians have not been in control of their destiny since Ilinden ... and that was for a few days.
                        Risto the Great

Comment

• Komita
                          • May 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                          Ottoman slavery, European slavery ... whatever. Either way, Macedonians have not been in control of their destiny since Ilinden ... and that was for a few days.
                          Please stop, your the one loving and praising ottoman heritage and history. macedonians are morons.
                          Слава му на Бога за се

Comment

• Bill77
                            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                            Ottoman slavery, Serbian (Yugoslavia)slavery, European slavery ... whatever. Either way, Macedonians have not been in control of their destiny since Ilinden ... and that was for a few days.
                            Fixed.

Lets see what Komita has to say about your comment now.
                            http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• ProMKD
                              • Oct 2011

I really didn't understand this 1 vs 1 battle!

Comment

• Risto the Great
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Komita View Post
                                Please stop, your the one loving and praising ottoman heritage and history. macedonians are morons.
                                How am I praising Ottoman heritage & history bre Srbofil? I dare you to quote anything I have said. Perhaps one day, when you are more mature, you will see what the Serbs did to the Macedonian identity in Macedonia and how it effected their psyche.

Bill is correct, I should have written Serbian slavery as well but I was just being nice to you. No idea why, I hate Macedonian Srbofils.
                                Risto the Great

Comment

Working...
                                X