X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Niko777
    • Oct 2010

Thanks Mastika for posting that. In 2009 there were ~12000 Macedonian newborns vs ~7000 Albanian newborns, so the ratio seems to be unchanged from 2002.

Also, is it possible to find official statistics on religion from the 2002 census?

Comment

• Mastika
      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Niko777 View Post
      Thanks Mastika for posting that. In 2009 there were ~12000 Macedonian newborns vs ~7000 Albanian newborns, so the ratio seems to be unchanged from 2002.
      The ratio may have recovered somewhat, but unless it can be shown that Albanians have been emigrating at a much higher ratio than Macedonians; we can only expect the percentage of Albanians to have increased.

Take the Macedonian born population in Italy for example. In 2002 it was 34,019, in 2009 it was 92,847. (Most of these 60,000+ emigrants are Muslims (Albanians/Macedonian Muslim) If this trend is also reflected amongst most emigrations, then it can be reasonably expected that their respective population's growth would be limited by this emigration.

Also, is it possible to find official statistics on religion from the 2002 census?
      Everything from the 2002 census is available here: http://www.stat.gov.mk/PublikaciiPoO...d=54&rbrObl=31. If you are looking at a religion/age profile of the Macedonian population, the Muslim populations youthful demographic is extremely strong.

Comment

• Niko777
        • Oct 2010

Okay, I just found the statistics on Religion (Table 11), 2002:

Ages: 0-4 = 51% Orthodox, 46% Muslim
        5-9 = 51% Orthodox, 47% Muslim
        10-14 = 54% Orthodox, 44% Muslim

Comment

• Mastika
          • Feb 2010

The question now is, how close to 40% of the total population will be Muslim in 2011?

Comment

• European
            Banned
            • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Mastika View Post
            Take the Macedonian born population in Italy for example. In 2002 it was 34,019, in 2009 it was 92,847. (Most of these 60,000+ emigrants are Muslims (Albanians/Macedonian Muslim) If this trend is also reflected amongst most emigrations, then it can be reasonably expected that their respective population's growth would be limited by this emigration.
            Interesting. Would you say the diaspora voting results found below are representative of the demographics of the emigrants from Macedonia?

Comment

• Mastika
              • Feb 2010

Originally posted by European View Post
              Interesting. Would you say the diaspora voting results found below are representative of the demographics of the emigrants from Macedonia?

http://217.16.84.11/PS.aspx
              No, for Europe, I would not. For example there are c. 95,000 Macedonian citizens in Italy, yet only 600 people voted. It is a bit hard to make any judgements. (If you are talking about 3 Macedonian candidates being elected, then yes, given that the overwhelming number of emigrants are ethnically Macedonian)

That being said, DPMNE's result in Australia is probably more reflective of the community. However, in Australia there is comprehensive data on Macedonian born persons, which makes redundant any attempt to use voting data to profile the community.

Comment

• European
                Banned
                • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Mastika View Post
                No, for Europe, I would not. For example there are c. 95,000 Macedonian citizens in Italy, yet only 600 people voted. It is a bit hard to make any judgements. (If you are talking about 3 Macedonian candidates being elected, then yes, given that the overwhelming number of emigrants are ethnically Macedonian)

That being said, DPMNE's result in Australia is probably more reflective of the community. However, in Australia there is comprehensive data on Macedonian born persons, which makes redundant any attempt to use voting data to profile the community.
                I meant in terms of % not in total figures.

Comment

• Mastika
                  • Feb 2010

Originally posted by European View Post
                  I meant in terms of % not in total figures.
                  As I said, in my belief there were few too many voters to make forecasts on the larger community. In Australia however, there is complete statistical data on all Macedonian born people (in regards to the ethnicity/language used).

Comment

• George S.
                    • Aug 2009

Why isn't the media after these people & organizations & reveal the frauds for what they are.Why doesn't the normal citizen in macedonia know??.If the media took it on themselves to present the real truth perhaps more people will vote & give the govt a kick up the ass.
                    There is a saying the people get the govt they voted for.People should be less apologetic for the umd or the rom govt because either is doing their bloody jobs.
                    YOu would expect in a democracy the govt should care & represent the peoples needs but they don't.AS it has been said that it's all delusional & people need a reality check as all is not as ell as they hoped.They don't even realise at what point they are at.
                    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Niko777
                      • Oct 2010

Never mind going bilingual, schools in the Tetovo region have started going monolingual...

Comment

• George S.
                        • Aug 2009

can someone explain to me what was wrong wirth existing education system unless they wanted exclusive rights like doing your own thing.Macedonian was the main language.Why a dual language.Who gives a fuck about the albanian language.Macedonian soveregnity has been eroded.They had good rights before why have your own universities in a foreign country??why have multiple language as state language when allready you have the same advantages to learn any language in the world.How stupid it all is unless you want to take over the country,They been given too much freedom & it's a slap in the face for the macedonian citizens.Do you think the albanians care & respect the macedonians yoou are kidding me.
                        ,Can i do this sort of thng in orther countries pleas i want to know so i can take other countries for myself.I would be locked up & shot if i tried that in any country besides macedonia.Macedonia is just soft pickings.How about macedonian rif\ghts for a change.
                        Last edited by George S.; 07-10-2011, 11:19 AM. Reason: ed
                        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Niko777
                          • Oct 2010

A Greek Government funded health clinic in the same village....

Comment

• SirGeorge8600
                            • Jun 2011

A Greek Government funded health clinic in the same village....

This is a good thing...right?

Comment

• Voltron
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by SirGeorge8600 View Post
                              This is a good thing...right?

Sure beats a mosque.

Its Doctors of the World Group. There is a branch in Greece.

Comment

• George S.
                                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Voltron View Post
                                Sure beats a mosque.

Its Doctors of the World Group. There is a branch in Greece.

http://www.mdm-international.org/spip.php?article78
                                what do they administer free poison.?Because the albanians think greece is part of cimeria.
                                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
                                X