Greeks vowed in front of the Bible that they will loyally translate from Macedonian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnMKD
    • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Spartan View Post
    Is it?
    I just read the letter, and the date given in the first paragraph is different from the date written at the bottom.

“σήμερα Τρίτη Μαρτίου, ημέρα Τρίτη, χίλια εννιακόσια δεκαπέντε”"
    Today the 3rd of March, Tuesday, 1915

“6 Μαρτίου, 19(1?)5″
    6th March, 19(1?)5

Also, the handwriting is clearly different at the top from the bottom, as well as the pen the author used is different; from the top to the bottom.
    Sorry guys, but I think this is a forgery
    Who found,translated, and reported this?
    Actually you're right. I hadn't noticed the dates, just the text, which seemed to be OK.
    However, whether it is a forgery or not, I'm no expert to decide that.
    Macedonian and proud!

Comment

• Daskalot
      • Sep 2008

I have zoomed and adjusted the alignment of the top part of the text to fit the lower.

To my eyes the handwriting is the same.

See for yourselves....
      Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
        • Jan 2009

How about sending the letter to some experts to confirm whether this is authentic or a forgery. I am sure whoever has the letter wouldn't mind it as it would remind the modern grkoman of his/her true past.
        Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• thessalo-niki
          Banned
          • Jun 2010

Stop fighting

I don't understand any of you. This is... a contract.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
            • Jan 2009

mca I don't understand hellenism so would you be so kind as to help us out with that one in another topic?
            Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• thessalo-niki
              Banned
              • Jun 2010

Hellenism

My God, you're here too? Is it you who banned me the last time in maknews? I'm afraid I wrongly accussed Lavce_Pelagonski. They never answered my e-mails.

While the following meanings are correct in English

in Modern Greek, the term usually means "Greek People" or "Greece" (not as a state, but as a broader national and cultural entity). It depends on the context, but we usually use it for "Hellenism of diaspora" or e.g. "Hellenism of Asia Minor", or "History of Hellenism" etc.
              We don't use it for Hellenistic period (just the adjectives) or for foreigners who are in Greek studies (Hellenists).
              Last edited by thessalo-niki; 06-30-2010, 04:48 PM.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by johnMKD View Post
                The best I could do:

This does not add up for me.
                If the bottom section is zoomed more, I would expect the line spacings to be wider as well. Given the other observations about date and writing style as well as this .... I am leaning to a forgery.
                Risto the Great
                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• sf.
                  • Jan 2010

I'm not going to talk about the authenticity of the document, but I think I can shed light on a few things. It was copied in two parts because the bottom part is written on the back page of the paper. This explains the slant - the writer following the text of the front page for accuracy of spacing, as well as why a 'thicker' font was used - to cover the othersided text.
                  Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful. - Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Comment

• Bill77
                    • Oct 2009

I can't see the diferance in hand writing. But my opinion does not make it any more authentic i just had to put in my two bobs worth.
                    http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
                      • Nov 2009

thessalo-niki did you have the same username on maknews, I cant ban people.
                      Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• Daskalot
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                        This does not add up for me.
                        If the bottom section is zoomed more, I would expect the line spacings to be wider as well. Given the other observations about date and writing style as well as this .... I am leaning to a forgery.
                        The differences between them are a mere 30 pixels or 8%, would you notice such a small adjustment of the complete picture, take a look at my adjusted one.

Comment

• Daskalot
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Spartan View Post
                          Is it?
                          I just read the letter, and the date given in the first paragraph is different from the date written at the bottom.

“σήμερα Τρίτη Μαρτίου, ημέρα Τρίτη, χίλια εννιακόσια δεκαπέντε”"
                          Today the 3rd of March, Tuesday, 1915

“6 Μαρτίου, 19(1?)5″
                          6th March, 19(1?)5
                          Is that a problem really?
                          It would have been if was the other way around ie text says 6th of March and it is signed at the bottom with the 3rd of March.

Could it be the case that they entered into an agreement on the 3rd and got it validated by the authorities on th 6th, thus two different dates.
                          Does someone agree with this reasoning?

And as SF says, the lower part is written on the back, if you look closely at the text you will notice a shadow text, the one on the back.

I have signed a multitude of contracts and seldom have I signed it with the same date as the other signatory, this not a problem.

Comment

• julie
                            • May 2009

Daskalot, your anology makes sense, seldom do you get 2 signatories together, perhaps stamped elsewhere, and you can see the shadow from the writing on the reverse.
                            I am not a handwriting expert, but it looks the same to me
                            "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Bratot
                              • Sep 2008

If this was the only "questionable" case I can provid much more notary documents, as probably they are already somewhere on this forum or some other place.
                              The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Daskalot
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
                                I would like to make an request to our Greek speaking members to give us a full translation of the text. Is this viable?
                                Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
                                X