• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The LION will ROAR
    • Jan 2009

Alexander was Macedonian in the USA since 1830

Google translator -
    One of the most famous historians of the 19th century, Charles Rolin in their books on the art and science of ancient people, makes a clear distinction between Macedonians and Athenians at the time of the greatest kings of Macedonia: Philip and Alexander.

At number two edition published by George Deborn in New York in 1836, Charles Rolin opened many interesting topics, which we will write in the coming days. The material is comprehensive and should be seriously analyzed. One of the more interesting details that you will make an impression, is surely the fact the origin of Plato. Plato was a Macedonian from Thrace, who even after his 15th year of life for the first time encountered the Hellenic language, when heading for Athens to be educated. There are many interesting details...
    The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Interesting about Plato.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
      • Jan 2009

I would like more info on Plato..
      Wikipedia (B##$shit) says Plato was born in Athens.
      The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
        • Sep 2008

A distinction between Macedonians and Athenians is to be expected, and the story about Plato sounds more like Aristotle. Perhaps the writer of this article misunderstood Charles Rolin. If not, then he should have cited the sources on which Rolin based his theory.
        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• momce
          Banned
          • Oct 2012

He may have meant Thukydid who was a Thracian if I am not mistaken.

Comment

• George S.
            • Aug 2009

Birth:

Plato was born around May 21 in 428 or 427 B.C., a year or two after Pericles died and during the Peloponnesian War. [See Ancient Greece Timeline.] He was related to Solon and could trace his ancestry to the last legendary king of Athens, Codrus.
            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Carlin
              • Dec 2011

Marvel's Moonknight

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
                • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Carlin View Post
                Probably not the right thread for this. Can an admin move the following discussion?

I watched the episode last night and was elated. The script on the tomb is Hellenic and I could make out 'ΑΛΕΞΑΝΔΡΟΣ' written out. Despite this, Oscar Isaac's character identifies the text as 'Macedonian'. I am curious: to my knowledge the Macedonian Empire employed the Koiné language for adminstrative purposes but in this work of fiction the character identifies the language specifically as Macedonian. In reality, did the ancient Macedonians use a form of Koiné that was clearly distinguishable from other forms and was unique to them?
                I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Carlin
                  • Dec 2011

Greece says it has recovered hundreds of looted artefacts, including a 2nd-Century bronze statue of Alexander the Great.

Among the 351 objects being repatriated is a 2nd-Century statue of Alexander the Great.

Comment

Working...
                  X