• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Macedonia and the European Union

Article is from Balkan Insight.

Macedonia showed it lacked the institutional capacities to tackle violence and irregularities in the June elections and still has problems with political dialogue, Fouere said, adding that these shortcomings should not be minimized.
    No. That is not a good enough statement. More needs to explained about their method of assessing the scope of violence and irregularities. Including recommendations related thereto.

What a vague and silly comment.

For as long as Greece, Bulgaria & Romania are in the EU, Macedonia need not worry about crossing all of its "t's" and dotting all of its "i's".
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com
  • Volk
    • Sep 2008

There is no will in EU to expand, Macedonia is left dangling, they will not say you are doing well, they will say waa waa this and that, change your name...

Go fuck yourself! Racist swine
    Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• GREEKoccupiedMacedonian
      Banned
      • Sep 2008

Macedonia desperately wants to join the EU. You can bet your last dinar that if the current clowns in the RoM government do not achieve this, then their successors will. After all this was an election promise from Gruevshki.

Comment

• Jankovska
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by GREEKoccupiedMacedonian View Post
        Macedonia desperately wants to join the EU. You can bet your last dinar that if the current clowns in the RoM government do not achieve this, then their successors will. After all this was an election promise from Gruevshki.
        Firstly it's denar and not dinar and trust me we will never join the EU or want to do so if we have to give up who we are. So you can dream and hope but it ain't gonna happen

Comment

• Venom
          • Sep 2008

So we have greece with its 100% ethnically pure nation in Europe stance. We have Bulgaria where you are free to shit on the footpath. And we have Romania which I am indifferent too but know their political and economic state are certainly not roses and rainbows.

But somehow, every single time Macedonia is not good enough.

The EU's statements are so fucken stupid sometimes (most of the time actually) and are worth ignoring except when you think about traveller, gorillas and this other clown up here sitting in a smoky room, pointing to the newspaper article and nodding knowingly.

"See the Skopians vre? They can't do nothing vre as long as the EU is feeding us drahma vre."
          S m r t - i l i - S l o b o d a

Comment

• Pelister
            • Sep 2008

This is an insidious attack on Macedonia's institutions, which are well above European standards.

What about the French government's "institutional capacities" ! What are the French government doing about immigrant poverty and violence in their community ?

And so on.

Look at what the Macedonians actually provides its monorities. Let it be judged on that alone !

These comments are just another shameful attempt by the European Union to deflect what is disgraceful and destabilising Albanian behavior onto the Macedonian government.

The Albanians know that the E.U will ALWAYS attack the Macedonian government.

Comment

• Coolski
              • Sep 2008

New EU Criteria: Macedonians must learn to defy Gravity

Rogi posted this joking title on maknews, and i filled in the story.. thought i'd share it here for a laugh/cry.

New EU Criteria: Macedonians must learn to defy Gravity

SKOPJE. In what is now the third super-natural requirement on Macedonia's European Union entry, EU representative Erwan Fouere announced his latest challenge just last week. Macedonia must now defy gravity if it expects to enter the club along with Croatia and Albania.

It is clear to experts that despite reforms in the judicial system, biometric passports, economic development and the rule of law, Macedonia will not be deemed prepared unless it can complete this latest task within 2 weeks. This interesting idea was dreamt up in Athens, which is where Greeks gave democracy, Turkish coffee and kebabs to the world 500 years before they appeared in Athens. It seems that Balkan countries posses supernatural abilities indeed. Only Macedonia is yet to prove them.

When asked where the inspiration came from, foreign minister Bakoyannis replied with a brilliant piece of Athenian philosophy quoted from the 4000 year old greek philosopher Karaman (lis)
              "If one who doesn't cease to exist in Europe refuses to cease to exist in Europe, one will cease to exist in Europe".

President Crvenkovski agreed with Fouere's judgement, and has established a team of pardoned experts to arrest people who can not defy gravity, along the lines of the EU's new police-state laws. Those who have termed Fouere's requirements unrealistic have been marginalised as extremists. Experts hope that they do not gain more ground in the next elections, which could see Macedonia slip away to a non-European future as an island in the Pacific. Interesting times await the Macedonians.

- Секој чоек и нација има можност да успеат колку шо си дозволуваат. Нема изговор.
              - Every human and nation has the ability to be as great or as weak as they allow themselves to be. No excuses.

Comment

• Traveller
                Banned
                • Sep 2008

They dont want you in EU plain and simple. And with Obama in the office you are in deeeeeeeeeeep shit.

Comment

• Coolski
                  • Sep 2008

You never know, Macedonians might just tap into these supernatural abilities.
                  - Секој чоек и нација има можност да успеат колку шо си дозволуваат. Нема изговор.
                  - Every human and nation has the ability to be as great or as weak as they allow themselves to be. No excuses.

Comment

• Rogi
                    • Sep 2008

Somehow, I don't think Obama will work for the Greeks as much as you think.

In any case, there will most likely be general elections in the UK next year and based on current polls, David Cameron might just take the top spot in the UK.

Just to jog your memory, he's the guy who wrote the article saying "why don't we call Greece the Former Ottomon Province of Greece or FOPOG".

So even with Obama in office, which is still uncertain given the closeness of the polls, there will still be a balance with the UK.

Comment

• Jankovska
                      • Sep 2008

Cameron will win and than the whole EU treatment will change towards Macedonia.

The UK and the US always work closely, trust me I don't think Obama will be going out of his way to help Greece.

But we have to wait and see who is going to win. However I want to know what you think will happen if Obama does not win but Cameron does in the UK?

Comment

• Metodija
                        • Sep 2008

Obama will never win! America is not ready for a black president and especially a black president with the second name Hussein.

Comment

• toothpaste
                          Banned
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Jankovska View Post
                          Cameron will win and than the whole EU treatment will change towards Macedonia.

The UK and the US always work closely, trust me I don't think Obama will be going out of his way to help Greece.
                          Hm..is this called wishful thinking or am i wrong?

EU is not tied up to UK -UK acts more or less independently in foreign affairs.
                          As for "working closely" ..it s more like UK is US little puppy.(who would have thought of that before 200 years!Life and history is a wheel)

However Greece is not in such bad condition to base all her hope on Messiahs.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by toothpaste View Post
                            However Greece is not in such bad condition to base all her hope on Messiahs.
                            Ummm, the EU is Greece's Messiah.
                            Risto the Great
                            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Pelister
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Metodija View Post
                              Obama will never win! America is not ready for a black president and especially a black president with the second name Hussein.
                              Isn't that the strangest paradox in history.

Comment

Working...
                              X